Sesame Place Platinum Pass for Busch Gardens/Sea World?

aprilfoolwed

DIS Veteran
We live about an hour from Sesame Place, and right now they have their Platinum Pass on sale for $168 per person! This is good at all 11 parks (Seaworld, Busch Gardens, etc). We will be in the Tampa area in the summer, and are considering a quick trip to VA around the holidays this year. So this would really be a great savings for us.

But - my kids are 17, 15, and 12. We will NEVER go to Sesame Place. LOL Does anyone know if we have to actually go to SP to activate these passes? Or, if we do have to go there, does everyone from my party need to be present to active? Will they take a photo?

My kids would be horrified to have to go. But at half the cost of the SW or BG Platinum pass, it would be worth it.

HeHe, I hear ya. We too live about 40 minutes from Sesame Place, and my kids are 17 and 21. Nope, just show your one printed out ticket to scan when parking, park in the preferred parking lot, then bring all the print outs to a kiosk, that's outside the gate, and get your passes printed out there. Easy. Didn't have my DH, or kids when I went there either, and got all our passes. We have had Super Grover passes, now called Platinum, on and off for several years now. Last time, we had them, we went to SWSD, BGT, Aquadica, and SWO. We also got good prices on Discovery Cove with them, and got AP discounts in all the parks.

Has anyone tried to use the new Sesame Place platinum passes (formally known as the Super Grover Pass) without going to Sesame Place first? When I called they said I could use them in Florida first since the pass is emailed to you. I am hoping this is true but was hoping someone could verify before I buy them. Thanks

Update- I was able to use the passes at Seaworld Orlando last week without activating them at Sesame Place first. They took our photo at the gate. We were able to exchange our printed email passes for a wallet sized pass or you can use the bar code on your phone to scan at the gate also. Excellent deal! So glad we were able to get the discounted passes!

So in theory, I live in Illinois, but will be going to Florida. I can buy the platinum pass for sesame place and then activate it at Seaworld Orlando and never go to Sesame Place but get a great deal for entrance to all the Florida parks? Just want to make sure I am not missing something...

Update- I was able to use the passes at Seaworld Orlando last week without activating them at Sesame Place first. They took our photo at the gate. We were able to exchange our printed email passes for a wallet sized pass or you can use the bar code on your phone to scan at the gate also. Excellent deal! So glad we were able to get the discounted passes!

Thanks for the update, awesome it worked that way! We're also near Sesame Place, will be keeping an eye out for this deal.

So in theory, I live in Illinois, but will be going to Florida. I can buy the platinum pass for sesame place and then activate it at Seaworld Orlando and never go to Sesame Place but get a great deal for entrance to all the Florida parks? Just want to make sure I am not missing something...

Yes but just Seaworld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens, & Adventure Island in Florida. Does not include Disney parks or Universal parks. Free admission to 11 Seaworld owned parks in the US. Discounted tickets to Discovery Cove. The 30% off promotion is over but normal price is $239.88. I believe they have had them discounted 20% off in the past closer to Thanksgiving. You won't get some of the perks that you would get if Aquatica or Seaworld were your home parks. But I paid $167 each and did the 12 month payment plan. Free admission to the 11 parks for the rest of this year and next year, free parking and a 10% discount on food & merchandise. They actually gave me preferred parking and 25% off a refillable drink cup when we were there last week. Totally worth it to me but I go to Florida several times a year. Read the small print though, some states are excluded from purchasing.

I'm considering buying a Sesame Place pass in order to go to Sea World and Busch Gardens when (if) I have any spare time while in school. What benefits and discounts will I get with the Sesame Place pass compared to a Sea World pass. Does the $150 I'm saving outweigh the benefits of having a pass with Sea World being my home park.

I'm considering buying a Sesame Place pass in order to go to Sea World and Busch Gardens when (if) I have any spare time while in school. What benefits and discounts will I get with the Sesame Place pass compared to a Sea World pass. Does the $150 I'm saving outweigh the benefits of having a pass with Sea World being my home park.
We live in PA but my parents live in Orlando. We have Sesame as our home park because of the savings but we actually go to SeaWorld and Aquatica a whole lot more. We purchased our 2020 platinum pass last August and got the rest of 2019 free- so HUGE savings. You miss out on little perks here and there. For example one month SeaWorld was giving out $10 food credit to sea world annual pass holders that we couldn’t take advantage of and the guest tickets that come with your annual pass only work at your home park. But the perks didn’t outweigh the savings for us so we are happy with the deal we got.

If you are a Florida resident, you cannot buy the Sesame Place pass. Scroll down on the Sesame site and you will see the states that have a SeaWorld or Busch Gardens and some adjoining states are not allowed to buy. I think it's because they are so much cheaper than the SW passes.

They used to have this restriction, but I haven’t seen it since they started the bronze, gold, platinum program years ago. Where did you see that people who live in Florida cannot buy the Sesame Place platinum pass?

When I looked awhile back, the platinum pass was also cheaper at San Antonio than the other parks. Do you get ALL the same perks (discounts, parking, etc.) at all 11? Or is it just your home park? That might be a difference maker, or maybe not?

When I looked awhile back, the platinum pass was also cheaper at San Antonio than the other parks. Do you get ALL the same perks (discounts, parking, etc.) at all 11? Or is it just your home park? That might be a difference maker, or maybe not?
It depends on the perk. We have Sesame Place Platinum passes. We get free Preferred parking and food discounts at all the parks but the free guest passes for us are only valid for Sesame Place since that is our “Home Park”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!