Settling for less hours

Send feedback to Disney if it impacts you that much, that's the only thing that could actually make a difference, and, yes, stop going (that's not saying it with snark, it's just the only things that will impact Disney's decisions). I'm happy with the hours when looking at the resort as a whole, as I'm not focused on MK because I don't spend a lot of time there, in fact the only way I'd spend a late evening there is for one of the ticketed events.

I mentioned in another thread; we already know Disney is holding back and/or cutting things right now because the coronavirus shut down Shanghai and HK. They are going to save money as much as they can currently. That obviously is a current short term issue, and it doesn't explain the earlier cut hours, so, yeah, send them feedback.

Yes, I was really disappointed on our last trip at the early closings. I remember how much fun my family used to have being in MK at 2 am. I know Disney is a business and they are trying to make money, but the costs have gotten so high and there are too many after hours events. With the exception of a school band trip with my daughter, my family hasn't been in three years and don't have any immediate plans on doing so unless some things change.

The whole situation makes me mad/sad because the only "solution" is to stop going. I don't want to stop going because I love Disney, but I'm seriously unhappy with the current state of things. Even if I did stop going, it probably wouldn't make a difference because there is always someone to replace me and my family. So yeah. I'm glad I'm not alone here, although I'm still miffed about losing the old non-expiring, park hopper inclusive tickets of yesteryear. I might be in the minority on that one.

The people who enjoyed the park being open till 2-3am liked it due to the park being more empty. Thus Disney not making alot of money paying staff that late. The way they fixed this issue was charging extra for the hours. It really is an amazing business move that seemed to work in Disney favor.

As a consumer even if they removed all the after
hours events they would not bring back the late nights/early days. Just not enough money there. So either way your not getting the late nights and super early mornings back.

TLDR: Prices go up and it sucks. Times got shorter and yes it sucks but I can't blame them for maximizing profit. They are a business afterall

So not going is not the only option. Tweet about your disappointment. Tweet about how it impacted your day or your planning. Post an old picture of yourself at MK at 1 am on Instagram and caption it ‘how awesome Disney used to be.’ If the Dis Unplugged podcast is to be believed Disney hates negative social media postings even more than you taking your business elsewhere.

Also Fill out the survey you get after your trip and email GS.

Posting here is great but I don’t think that Disney is as worried about negative press here. We’re kind of an insulated community.

If you look at the distribution of the trips in my signature you can see how I feel about it. I went while the going was good! But it's hard not to compare what they offer now versus not so long ago. With the ticket prices increasing the value is just not there for me.

I've been a Universal passholder off and on since then, and they've also cut hours back it seems to me. But at least the ticket prices feel right for the value you get. I often head to the Polynesian and do the bar and resort Disney stuff when I'm in Orlando, so they're not completely devoid of my money, but it's not anywhere near what I used to spend.

Disney seems to be doing all right with their strategy so far, but these things might catch up to them at some point.

Last edited:

The people who enjoyed the park being open till 2-3am liked it due to the park being more empty. Thus Disney not making alot of money paying staff that late. The way they fixed this issue was charging extra for the hours. It really is an amazing business move that seemed to work in Disney favor.

As a consumer even if they removed all the after
hours events they would not bring back the late nights/early days. Just not enough money there. So either way your not getting the late nights and super early mornings back.

TLDR: Prices go up and it sucks. Times got shorter and yes it sucks but I can't blame them for maximizing profit. They are a business afterall

I go less than I used to and less bang for my buck is a big reason why. I am a consumer after all.

In November, Disney reported that Parks, Experience and Products revenue increased 8 percent in the quarter to $6.7 billion. Operating income was up 17 percent to $1.4 billion. Disney World saw slight increases in attendance, but Disneyland reported decreases.

To keep increasing revenue at that rate, you have to keep raising prices and cutting costs. Investors want revenue to increase every quarter.

At some point, this will no longer be sustainable as Disney's guests aren't getting 8 percent raises every 3 months, but Disney will continue to maximize profits every way possible.

corporate greed. 2015 was the last year of the anytime tickets so that factors in. the seasonal or date-based tickets are an excuse to make more money than they would otherwise by this time, and there's really no excuse for cutting back hours or parades. don't think we'd ever get anything besides APs anymore, and maybe not after our current ones are used up

I don't know guys I'm starting my planning now for an October trip and I find that the less hours are helping. I remember my last trip years ago we would do one park one day and rest day the next because my family would get in at around 1am and was too tired to make rope drop the next day. Now I don't have that problem and was able to shorten the trip and add Universal to the back end.

We were just there before x-mas and MK had a party 4 out of the 6 nights available to us.
we were there in december and instead of doing 2 mk days and 1 ak day we did 1 mk day, 1 ep day and 1 ak day because of the parties. thought ep wouldn't be that great with all the work being done right now but it was probably our favorite day

I don't know guys I'm starting my planning now for an October trip and I find that the less hours are helping. I remember my last trip years ago we would do one park one day and rest day the next because my family would get in at around 1am and was too tired to make rope drop the next day. Now I don't have that problem and was able to shorten the trip and add Universal to the back end.

I’d rather show up late and stay until midnight than do rope drop.

Times change, price es go up. I kind of laugh at the incessant whining about things. Disney is a company that is expected by stockholders to turn a profit yearly and show positive roi. You can think social media posting is going to effect them yet you'd be wrong. Pete and the dis have less influence than you seem to think. If you dont like Disney's decisions. Dont go. Simple as that. Posting consistently complaining about a board noone at disney cares about is the definition of insanity. Just stop buying tickets and going. You dont have to be a su shine blower but it seems if you find a thread with a lot of negativity. It's the same whining group all the time. And your schtick is old. Stop saying y po ull stop going. And ummm stop.

Times change, price es go up. I kind of laugh at the incessant whining about things. Disney is a company that is expected by stockholders to turn a profit yearly and show positive roi. You can think social media posting is going to effect them yet you'd be wrong. Pete and the dis have less influence than you seem to think. If you dont like Disney's decisions. Dont go. Simple as that. Posting consistently complaining about a board noone at disney cares about is the definition of insanity. Just stop buying tickets and going. You dont have to be a su shine blower but it seems if you find a thread with a lot of negativity. It's the same whining group all the time. And your schtick is old. Stop saying y po ull stop going. And ummm stop.

So, I'm not going to stop going because I still enjoy it. But I am going to complain because it makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one feeling a bit disgruntled. I also appreciate the advice to tweet about my disappointment because if enough people agree with me, maybe Disney WILL get the message. I fully understand the concept about companies existing to make a profit and blah blah blah. I'm not hoping they will go bankrupt or anything. I'm only hoping that they can find a better balance between customer satisfaction and their bottom line.

So not going is not the only option. Tweet about your disappointment. Tweet about how it impacted your day or your planning. Post an old picture of yourself at MK at 1 am on Instagram and caption it ‘how awesome Disney used to be.’ If the Dis Unplugged podcast is to be believed Disney hates negative social media postings even more than you taking your business elsewhere.

Good advice. I will most definitely do this on my trip this spring break. I was hoping they would extend DHS park hours so I could enjoy Toy Story Land at night, but so far no go. There's really no excuse for that IMO.

So, I'm not going to stop going because I still enjoy it. But I am going to complain because it makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one feeling a bit disgruntled. I also appreciate the advice to tweet about my disappointment because if enough people agree with me, maybe Disney WILL get the message. I fully understand the concept about companies existing to make a profit and blah blah blah. I'm not hoping they will go bankrupt or anything. I'm only hoping that they can find a better balance between customer satisfaction and their bottom line.
agreed. years ago they used to have much more balance with all that with basic price increases of 2 dollars a year. in more recent years they seem to operate completely differently than historically- now there's much higher price increases, removing ticket options, seasonal and now date based ticketing with expiration dates, removing hours and parades, etc. and i think that's what we're all disappointed about now. as said before, maybe there really are less people going and that's why they're trying to compensate for that by removing parades and lessening park hours

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter