Seven Wonders of the United States?

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
So, the Today Show has convened a panel of experts (experts on what, I don't know) to make a list of the Seven Wonders of the United States. The first one will air on May 5th on the Today show. They said they will include natural landmarks as well as man made ones. What do you think the seven will be? These are my guesses.

1. Grand Canyon

2. Mount Rushmore

3. The Great Smokey Mountains

4. The Washington Monument

5. The California Coast

6. The Golden Gate Bridge

7. Walt Disney World! :goodvibes

Funny, I live in the Grand Canyon State and have been there once. What can I say, I prefer the mouse :)

How about the natural bridge in Virginia, I think that is a good natural wonder.
Disney better make the list though!

I think Old Faithful will probably make it.

I wonder if they will choose not the entire resort but one of the Weenies in the parks. Like the Geodesic sphere that is Spaceship Earth is impressive no matter what the continent.

I wonder if Disney really has a shot. Maybe they would go with Disneyland? There
are so many amazing things in the United States, it's going to be hard to pick just seven. I think they should have done seven natural wonders and seven man-made wonders.

Yeah a split list probably would have been the way to go. I mean how to you discern which is greater National Redwood Forest or Cinderella Castle? I LOVE DISNEY, don't get me wrong. But there is a difference in natures wonders and man made.

Funny, I live in the Grand Canyon State and have been there once. What can I say, I prefer the mouse :)

I have to agree. It is amazing, i cannot deny, however part of me saw it as just a big backdrop like the one at Disney Studios where you think the road goes on for ages. Part of me wanted to reach out and feel the set, but that would involve me falling down a canyon! :rotfl:

Luckily i survived, but and i would go back there, but maybe when its less hot (we went in July! :eek: )

The Today Show? Good Morning America is doing the same thing. I wonder how their lists will compare.

Interesting point since Disney owns ABC...:rotfl: just kidding! I am sure the lists will carry no bias towards their bi-coastal them parks.

But I still say that the Disney Center for Performing Arts is a masterpiece!

The Today Show? Good Morning America is doing the same thing. I wonder how their lists will compare.

Oh! Sorry you are right! It is Good Morning America. I read about it in Sunday's paper and just went and checked and it does say Good Morning America.

hm, I am not a big fan of the list of natural wonders... cause all ya have to do is basically go, hm, a big hole in the ground, or look a water fall...

Man made wonders... in the US... the Mackinaw bridge that connects Michigan's UP and LP. The Channel Tunnel Bridge that crosses Chesapeake Bay. Oakland Bay bridge (not the golden gate, the golden gate is cool and famous, but not nearly the technological marvel). Hoover Dam. Las Vegas... the strip and the ultra giant hotels. Central Park.

I wasn't counting, is that too many or too few?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter