Thirteenth Official Disboards Meet in Kansas City! *INFO COMING SOON*

Fifth Official Disboards Meet in Kansas City!!! *INFO BELOW*

Date: December 9, 2017
Location: AMC Studio Theater 28 (location can change based on theater times)
Address: 12075 S Strang Line Rd, Olathe, KS 66062
Time: Time TBD (Will be after 4 p.m.)

This event does not include tickets and dinner. Please be advised that the cost of the event could be around $10 per person for the movie, as well as, where we decide to go to dinner.

If anyone has any ideas for dinner, let me know.

Event Details:

We will be meeting at a movie theater to get tickets to see Coco. After we get our tickets, we will decide on a place to eat before enjoying the movie.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

Please let me know if you will be able to make it ASAP! Also, please let me know how many will be coming in your party. Thanks! :)

Aaron and I won't see Coco before the 9th personally so we should still be good for that. We'd probably see Justice League if we saw a movie before the 9th.

From what I've heard you won't have any trouble getting tickets for that! ;)
:rotfl2: Well on Rotten Tomatoes it's got a 84% from the users. Critics just do not like DC other than Wonder Woman. I do agree though DC just doesn't have the same oomp that Marvel does.

It would awesome if at some point we could do something on a teacher break or closer to the middle of the area, like KC proper or something. I am pretty much limited to teacher breaks only because we do home visits on Saturdays.

And if we even did something more central, that would be awesome too! I am always trying to figure out a way to come (that is why I originally started this) but every place chosen is always an hour away from me!

It would awesome if at some point we could do something on a teacher break or closer to the middle of the area, like KC proper or something. I am pretty much limited to teacher breaks only because we do home visits on Saturdays.

And if we even did something more central, that would be awesome too! I am always trying to figure out a way to come (that is why I originally started this) but every place chosen is always an hour away from me!
By teacher break do you mean school holidays? Or is that education code for something else?

And I don't want to jump in and suggest changes if the plans are pretty much already set, but there is a Cinemark at the Plaza that may be a little more accessible as it's a bit more central. It seems like they would have plenty of showtimes later than 4pm for you @AMusicLifeForMe since you have something beforehand. There are also lots of places to eat nearby so it would be convenient to grab dinner after. Again, I don't want to barge in with info where it isn't wanted- just a suggestion!

By teacher break do you mean school holidays? Or is that education code for something else?

And I don't want to jump in and suggest changes if the plans are pretty much already set, but there is a Cinemark at the Plaza that may be a little more accessible as it's a bit more central. It seems like they would have plenty of showtimes later than 4pm for you @AMusicLifeForMe since you have something beforehand. There are also lots of places to eat nearby so it would be convenient to grab dinner after. Again, I don't want to barge in with info where it isn't wanted- just a suggestion!
There is also AMC Town Center 20 which is in Leawood not too far off state line. That's an option in concerns to the movie times.

The Plaza does have parking to keep in mind.

We've talked about in previous meets the Missouri factor because we def. are trying to find what works for all.

The thing is sometimes when we plan for a date we don't get responses so we go with what is working for those who are down for going. Plus we consider the place too. We're not opposed to driving around it's just a plan needs to be in place too. We try to keep cuisine and budget in mind too when looking for places to eat.

Part of what is unique about our area is it is soooo spread out. I wouldn't have a problem for example going to Downtown for a meet but actual downtown comes with issues like parking and whatnot so places like Union Station or Crown Center are better options than just a place to eat downtown. There was that Cars 3 event Downtown just didn't pan out anyone being able to go or interested in going.

I live in west Olathe...like real west..like the country is just a few minutes away so I totally get things taking a while to get somewhere. Takes me 25 mins and 3 highways to get to my mom in Shawnee off of 75th St (at I-35 area). Used to be 4 highways before they changed that interchange right at K-10/435/I-35.

Now the time thing is hard for sure you can only do meets when you can lol but we're all trying to work with everyone's schedule I promise. That's part of the reason it was decided for this upcoming meet for Coco to provide multiple dates and give posters ability to advise what works best.

Believe me though we've tried to keep everyone in mind for sure :) Always up for sharing of ideas as well :)

I don't want to cause an argument on our meet thread, but every time I have posted a meet (usually), I have always said that the place is always up to being changed. In terms of school holidays, I understand that as well. The problem with that is it is a high travel time for people. To keep teachers in mind, that is why our meets have always been on Saturdays. I went to school to be a teacher so I get it. I understand some teachers might not have Saturday off. To my fault, besides this event, I have given people about 2 weeks notice. This event, I posted potential dates at the beginning of November. The 9th of December is the only one that worked for everyone that responded. I chose the date when I did to give people plenty of notice and to put it on their calendar. That was a suggestion given to us a couple meets ago by someone to give more time between announcement and the meet.

I haven't been in KC a long time (since 2011 and didn't officially move here until Dec. 2015). I am not familiar with a lot of places centrally located in KC or on the North side. I have mostly stayed in South KC metro area unless I was traveling to a Royals game, Sporting game, travel Downtown, or a Symphony Concert. This is why I have always said to give suggestions. We are really trying to work with everyone to try and make this work. We want to grow outside of the 4 of us that have met on a consistent occasion.

I hope you can make it to a meet at some point, because I would really like to meet you. The week you suggested would just be really tough for me being right after Christmas and 3 days later I am off to Walt Disney World.

Thank you for the input. The Plaza would be nice since it is decorated around there now. The only thing I would be worried about is parking. Also, the restaurants around there are on the more pricier side (at least the restaurants I have been to lol).

That's a good point about parking. I usually don't have a problem getting a spot but it can be stressful for people who may not be used to how busy it is during holiday season.

As for restaurants near the plaza- yes, there are quite a few high priced options but there are several reasonable ones as well. Tomfooleries is good and is a moderate price range (around $15 for an entree), Bo Ling's is Chinese at around the same price, and at the very least there is a Panera right around the corner from the theatre!

Like I mentioned, the original location is fine with me so we can keep it there if everyone else is good with it. Maybe we can consider the plaza area for our next meetup?

I actually did try to suggest a few places before like Crown Center. My school is a Charter School and we have Saturday tutoring each week. Waldo has a lot of fun restaurants too. SW BLVD has fantastic Mexican food. Even Leawood/OP is fine. Olathe is just pretty far out there.

By teacher breaks, I just mean breaks from school. Winter, MLK, Presidents Day, Spring, Summer (July, summer school is required). My July is usually pretty open. Restaurant Week is coming up in January.

It's really not a big deal, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I would never expect anyone to change plans and if I happen to be able to go sometime, I will be there. I tried really hard to get this going for 2-3 years, since the GKTW Meets started, to connect with people here in KC. I really hope at some point I'll be able to join, so just making suggestions! Have so much fun at CoCo!!!!! I'm going with my nephews after we get home from Disney on the 24th. Only 16 days until our 10 day trip!!!!!

Disney is reportedly cutting the Frozen short from the beginning of Coco on December 8th. This happens the day before our meet. If you want to see the Frozen short, I recommend catching the movie sometime between now and Thursday. If not, I can't wait to see this movie again with fellow Disney fans this Saturday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!