SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Nope. No different than any base package store or exchange. DH is a retired USN reserve O-6. Anyone with a military ID can purchase, whether reserve, active or retired and spouse or of age dependent. There is no differentiation for retired. Not sure where you'd get that idea from. What was your sponsor's affiliation?

My sponsor is retired DoD which allows you to stay at SoG but I don't think it allows him to buy the alcohol in the store. I do know they have several signs in the Exchange saying only a certain group of people are allowed to buy alcohol there. My understanding is that it is all based on the fact that it doesn't have the state required tax stamps on it so a person not in those groups isn't allowed to buy it.

My sponsor is retired DoD which allows you to stay at SoG but I don't think it allows him to buy the alcohol in the store. I do know they have several signs in the Exchange saying only a certain group of people are allowed to buy alcohol there. My understanding is that it is all based on the fact that it doesn't have the state required tax stamps on it so a person not in those groups isn't allowed to buy it.

The Shades of Green shops are basically exchanges like you'd find on base, so the same rules apply.

I got up at 715 this morning (I don't work on Friday's) and made my first day-Nov 5-FP+ for DHS. We're returning to PC from our cruise that morning and driving to SOG as soon as we get off the ship so we should be there by 930-1000 at the latest. I made all our FP+s for after 12 which should be no problem. I'll book for Epcot tomorrow, MK on Sunday, Ak (am only) on Mon, then MK the rest of the day so we'll have to see what we can get after we use our AK ones, and then Epcot again on Tues. I have to work on Tuesday and I leave before 7 normally so I may have to leave just after in order to get our FP+s for Nov 9. It literally took me 5 minutes this am to book the ones for DHS. FP+ wasn't available for SOG on our last trip, just for on-site so this is all new for me.

Hi-
We are staying at Shades of Green for the first time at the end of the month and I have 2 questions I'm hoping someone can help with.
1. Coffee situation in room, specifically what type of coffee maker so I know what to bring from home to supplement what they provide(we drink a lot of it)?

2.We purchased tickets from SOG ticket office over the phone. They sent us an email with ticket numbers so we could make fast passes at 30 days. We are staying at pop century the first night so have our magic bands. Will we need to activate tickets somewhere or are we good to go straight into the park? I had read somewhere that they are now pre activated if they come from SOG?

Thanks so much!

1. Coffee situation in room, specifically what type of coffee maker so I know what to bring from home to supplement what they provide(we drink a lot of it)?

2.We purchased tickets from SOG ticket office over the phone. They sent us an email with ticket numbers so we could make fast passes at 30 days. We are staying at pop century the first night so have our magic bands. Will we need to activate tickets somewhere or are we good to go straight into the park? I had read somewhere that they are now pre activated if they come from SOG?

1 - The only thing in each room are those mini coffee makers that make 2-4 cups, so you'll probably end up getting coffee at the Starbucks stand in the main lobby, or the express cafe just downstairs near the bus stop.

2 - You have the scanned tickets so you can make your FP reservations, you will then get the actual plastic tickets with those numbers when you check in at SOG and as long as they are linked to your MDE account & magic band then you should be good to go, but we always carried ours with us on the first day of use just in case.

Good luck and enjoy!

Hi-
We are staying at Shades of Green for the first time at the end of the month and I have 2 questions I'm hoping someone can help with.

Thanks so much!

On each trip, the first thing I do is call housekeeping and ask for as many coffee packs as I will need during our stay... we usually only have our room cleaned a few times & I like to be stocked up. They will bring you as many as you need. :).

D~

They will be able to eat and drink at the restaurant and the sports bar. They will be able to shop for everything except alcohol in the exchange without their sponsor. If their sponsor is with them in the exchange and shows an ID, they can buy alcohol too.

SOG is different than Hale Koa.

Thank you!

Hi Everyone! We're staying at Shades in April 2018 and I had read that this past year there was a military discounted memory maker. Has anyone heard if this is being brought back for 2018?
Also, if anyone has a recommended stroller rental company that delivers to Shades I would appreciate it!
It's our first time at Shades/Disney with a child (will be 2 at time of trip). Planning for this trip is all new!

Hi Everyone! We're staying at Shades in April 2018 and I had read that this past year there was a military discounted memory maker. Has anyone heard if this is being brought back for 2018?
Also, if anyone has a recommended stroller rental company that delivers to Shades I would appreciate it!
It's our first time at Shades/Disney with a child (will be 2 at time of trip). Planning for this trip is all new!

I can't find the official Disney website announcement, as I am mobile... but memory maker, I believe off the top of my head, is $98... here's the link on Militarydisneytips about it and how it works exactly. :). http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...nt-on-disney-memory-maker-photopass-for-2017/

And sorry... no stroller recommendations... my kids are now adults.

Happy planning! :)

D~

Hi! This is a shot in the dark, but my DH and I just got back from SOG last week and fell in love with the mattresses! So comfortable. We were in the Palm Wing. Does anyone happen to know what brand/model they are or if anyone is staying there now or soon, could possibly try to take a peek at the tag for me? We are mattress shopping soon and its surprising that we both loved it. Thanks!!!!!!!

Has anyone had groceries delivered to SOG using Instacart from Publix? Any issues getting past the guard shack to get the groceries delivered? Did you have to be there to accept the delivery or could it be left with Bell Services?

Hi FirstWDW,
We just returned last week and had no problem with instacart at SOG. The groceries were waiting for us when we arrived. Bell services will accept it for you and hold it for you. The only thing you would need to be there for is if you order any alcohol. You must be present to show ID that matches for it!

Hi FirstWDW,
We just returned last week and had no problem with instacart at SOG. The groceries were waiting for us when we arrived. Bell services will accept it for you and hold it for you. The only thing you would need to be there for is if you order any alcohol. You must be present to show ID that matches for it!

Thank you so much! Instacart is so much less than the service we've used in the past! So you scheduled delivery on day of arrival and groceries from instacart arrived before you checked in with no issues? That's great news! Looks like I can't schedule the delivery until a few days prior-first time using this service but super excited you had no issues. Thanks for the reply!

Hey y'all! Just wanted to come back and let you know, if you're staying at a Disney resort before you check into SOG, Disney will transfer your luggage to SOG! I was so surprised when bell services at pop said yep they transfer there. Anyway, hope this helps somebody else out

Thank you so much! We'll be switching from Arts of Animation to Shades of Green during our trip. I've been searching for this answer! Thank you very much!!!!

Just took advantage of the "Military Appreciation May" special offer to book a trip at the end of May. I have stayed at many Disney resorts, but I always return to SOG. It is the resort my family stayed in when we visited Disney World for the first time in 2007, and it remains to be one of my favorite places to stay. The discounted price makes it even better!

We are doing a split stay, starting at All Star Sports then moving to SOG. We will have MagicBands that we can use the whole trip for park tickets and FastPasses. I've always stayed at Disney hotels so I'm use to charging all purchases to our room.My understanding is that after we check out of Sports we won't be able to charge using our MagicBands. Will I have to use a credit card when purchasing food/souvenirs in the parks or can I charge it to our room at SOG?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!