SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Generally, when is a good timeframe for submitting room requests in advance of a stay? We have a total of 14 people in 4 rooms, and would like to request to be near each other within the Palm wing. Any advice is appreciated.

It all depends on the time of year you plan on going. If you are planning on going during the busiest times of the year (any time most kids are out of school, especially Christmas and Easter) then you should reserve a year in advance. Any other time it varies on occupancy. We were able to get our reservations for the end of August this year 3 months in advance. We reserved 3 separate rooms.

Can always call, worse they can say is not yet, or we are full.

It all depends on the time of year you plan on going. If you are planning on going during the busiest times of the year (any time most kids are out of school, especially Christmas and Easter) then you should reserve a year in advance. Any other time it varies on occupancy. We were able to get our reservations for the end of August this year 3 months in advance. We reserved 3 separate rooms.

Can always call, worse they can say is not yet, or we are full.

Thanks for your reply, but we already have rooms reserved for our trip in mid January. I was asking about when would be the right time to put in room location requests for our stay?

Sorry, I guess I read your message to quick.

We were able to put our room requests in at the same time as we made our reservations. I would always be careful make specific requests beyond saying you wanting them in a certain wing or together or things like that. The trip before the last trip we made my father insisted on getting a certain room number. It turned out that year the Magnolia pool was under construction and the great view he had was of the construction. If he hadn't made that specific of a request they would have put him in a better location.

Since you are going mid-January I am better you will get everything whatever you want since it is a down time.

Thanks for your reply, but we already have rooms reserved for our trip in mid January. I was asking about when would be the right time to put in room location requests for our stay?
I made reservations about a month in advance. I noted my request on the reservation and called to make sure they noticed it and it was honored.

Does anyone have any recent reviews of the Garden Gallery breakfast buffet? We have a total of 4 rooms reserved for next month, and got an email offer to one room reservation for 15% off breakfast rate if we book a length-of-stay breakfast plan. Not sure if that offer will be extended to all four rooms, but just wanted to hear if its worth considering?

Does anyone have any recent reviews of the Garden Gallery breakfast buffet? We have a total of 4 rooms reserved for next month, and got an email offer to one room reservation for 15% off breakfast rate if we book a length-of-stay breakfast plan. Not sure if that offer will be extended to all four rooms, but just wanted to hear if its worth considering?

We just got back yesterday. We got a special deal which added $5 on to the room rate to include the breakfast buffet so we took advantage of it several days last week. The buffet was a great bargain at that price. I don't think I'd get it at a higher price since we usually only eat one big meal a day while traveling so we really limited ourselves at breakfast to indulge at later meals.

Everything was fresh and pretty tasty. There were made-to-order omelets and pancakes. Other offerings included fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, kielbasa with onions and peppers, frittata, waffles, bagels, breakfast pastries, several varieties of bread with a toaster (jam, pb, cream cheese were located near by).

As NMAmy said, it is a great add-on if you get the Sunrise Package. One caution is that if you get the add on but you want it less then the total number of days you are there, the number of days and the days you have the package have to be continuous. No splitting it up. Unlike staying on actual Disney property you can get the package for less then the total number of nights you are there.

The buffet is nothing fancy, but it has all the basics of a typical American breakfast, both the heavy stuff and lighter stuff for those that don't want to eat as heavy.

Quick question. I've looked through a few pages and didn't see the answer, or maybe I just missed it!

Is Shades still 30 days out for booking FP+?

Looking to book somewhere for 3 nights before we move to the Poly (rented DVC from a friend and all that was available was 5 consecutive nights). We plan to do AK on one of the days before we arrive at the Poly and I know making FP as early as possible will be our only chance at scoring FOP FP. 30 days out won't work!

Quick question. I've looked through a few pages and didn't see the answer, or maybe I just missed it!

Looking to book somewhere for 3 nights before we move to the Poly (rented DVC from a friend and all that was available was 5 consecutive nights). We plan to do AK on one of the days before we arrive at the Poly and I know making FP as early as possible will be our only chance at scoring FOP FP. 30 days out won't work!

Yes—30days—but dont give up hope. I was in line at the MK Starbucks and the woman in front of me was scanning FPs and got FoP for the next day!

There is a post on the WDWMagic.com forums that says SoG reservations can now be linked to MDE and will allow for 60 day advance FP+ bookings. The poster didn't provide a source, so I can't say for certain it's accurate.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/shades-of-green-fastpass-update.936306/

There is a post on the WDWMagic.com forums that says SoG reservations can now be linked to MDE and will allow for 60 day advance FP+ bookings. The poster didn't provide a source, so I can't say for certain it's accurate.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/shades-of-green-fastpass-update.936306/
This is true...I was just able to log-in and link my SOG reservations and begin booking FPs (currently at 38 days out for our trip). I wish that there had been a well-publicized announcement of this from SOG, as we could have been booking 3 weeks ago. On a plus note, we got plenty of the FPs we wanted, with so far FoP being the only one unavailable. Hopefully more slots are opened through the month, as I read from another posting.

I wish that there had been a well-publicized announcement of this from SOG, as we could have been booking 3 weeks ago.
According to the post on the WDW Magic forums, it just became on 12/1.

Last edited:
According to the post on the WDW Magic forums, it just became available yesterday (12/4).
Like I said, there has been no announcement that I have seen from SOG at all. In fact, their own "Tickets/Attractions" webpage currently still says 30 days: http://shadesofgreen.org/index.php/experiences/tours

It's disappointing that they are not actively publicizing the change in this benefit so that people can be better aware.

OMG!!! I have been waiting and waiting for this information! I just got an email from SOG about ordering tickets and I found it odd since my trip is in March. Jumped on here to see if anyone has been talking about this and found out I can link the reservation! My only trouble is that I have 2 rooms booked under my name at SOG and it won't take me off the second room so that I can put my brother on. I will have to call IT to get some help with that.
Has anyone been able to book the length of stay at 60 days or is it still day by day at SOG?

OMG!!! I have been waiting and waiting for this information! I just got an email from SOG about ordering tickets and I found it odd since my trip is in March. Jumped on here to see if anyone has been talking about this and found out I can link the reservation! My only trouble is that I have 2 rooms booked under my name at SOG and it won't take me off the second room so that I can put my brother on. I will have to call IT to get some help with that.
Has anyone been able to book the length of stay at 60 days or is it still day by day at SOG?
You should be able to book length of stay at 60 days.

As for making FP+ selections for everyone, you really only need to have your reservation linked to MDE. You can include anyone listed on your Family & Friends list (that has park admission) in your FP+ selections even if they are not listed on your room reservation.

You should be able to book length of stay at 60 days.

As for making FP+ selections for everyone, you really only need to have your reservation linked to MDE. You can include anyone listed on your Family & Friends list (that has park admission) in your FP+ selections even if they are not listed on your room reservation.
Oh yes that makes sense! Thank you so much! I’m so excited!

I just asked this question today, then I see military disney tips posted on FB tonight that you can now book FP at 60 days. Looks like a bunch of y’all just saw it too. This makes SOG all the more appealing for us now. Will make an easy move since we are moving to Poly after our first three nights.

Just got back yesterday and we LOVED it! You have to plan a little more when it comes to the transportation... but it worked out very well for us! We will definitely be staying there again!!

I also saw the article from military Disney tips. Went on and got my wife and I linked for January. Only issue is that they don’t have our 4 yr old on the reservation so it didn’t pull up in MDE. I’ll have to call to get her added on. I was able to get some FOP FP+ for wife and I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter