Shades of Green tickets

Our last time ordering Disney tickets (with SOG reservation).
  • Email for the form 11/27/19
  • Receive the form 12/3/19
  • Return the form 12/11/19
  • Phone call for payment 12/15/19 then they email scans of the tickets (same day)...if they ship them to you, its 2-3 days FedEx
I suspect if you don't have an onsite SOG reservation, you are a lower priority and everything takes longer

I just got Disney and Universal tickets through them! My reservations is not at Shades of Green but at a Disney resort.

I emailed my form on 2/1 and got a response it was received on 2/4. I received a phone call on the same day to finish the transaction.

I received tracking information in the late afternoon on 2/4 but it did not actually get to FedEx until 2/5. They only do week day delivery so my tickets got stuck in my area on 2/7 and was delivered on 2/10. I had to sign for it.

I've had tickets shipped to me from SoG the past 3 years. Each time from sending the email with my order form to having the tickets in my hands was 6-10 days total.

I ordered SoG tickets in early January - they were backlogged so didn’t get the call for about a week. I had them send me a picture of the tickets which I attached to magic bands. I still won’t get the tickets until our stay in April but I used 2 days during a recent work stay in the area...since they sell actual tickets versus the vouchers from military basis there is more flexibility....

...I had them send me a picture of the tickets which I attached to magic bands...

Just FYI, Shades will only email a scan of the tickets if you are registered to stay at SoG. Otherwise, they FedEx the physical tickets to your home.

And it's a technicality, but you are linking the ticket to your MDE profile. The MagicBand just accesses the info. No specific information is "on" or linked to a MagicBand.

Just FYI, Shades will only email a scan of the tickets if you are registered to stay at SoG. Otherwise, they FedEx the physical tickets to your home.

And it's a technicality, but you are linking the ticket to your MDE profile. The MagicBand just accesses the info. No specific information is "on" or linked to a MagicBand.

This is good information to have...as I've been struggling to get SOG Tickets to respond to me with anything other than this:
"You may come in person with your qualifying Military ID and purchase tickets. Our ticket office is open 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. "

Problem is we are not staying at Shades this time around...had a reservation but moved to a Disney Resort instead. We arrive LATE on March 18th (after 7pm) and were planning on going to BG Tampa on March 19th and then maybe Disney parks March 20th. I was hoping to get the tickets early so that I could have a TINY chance of making some Fastpass reservations for our date which is still just over 3 weeks away. It looks like I may have to give up on that. I have yet to even get Shades tickets to send me the order form despite a few emails. I used to have a copy of it but I don't seem to have it any longer.

Looks like we may have to just take our chances, try to get back early enough on Thursday to buy the Disney tickets and then maybe make a few FP reservations for the next day if we are lucky.

I just got Disney and Universal tickets through them! My reservations is not at Shades of Green but at a Disney resort.

I emailed my form on 2/1 and got a response it was received on 2/4. I received a phone call on the same day to finish the transaction.

I received tracking information in the late afternoon on 2/4 but it did not actually get to FedEx until 2/5. They only do week day delivery so my tickets got stuck in my area on 2/7 and was delivered on 2/10. I had to sign for it.

Hmmm...from this response it sounds like I might be able to make this happen sooner...if only they would email me the order form!

I ordered SoG tickets in early January - they were backlogged so didn’t get the call for about a week. I had them send me a picture of the tickets which I attached to magic bands. I still won’t get the tickets until our stay in April but I used 2 days during a recent work stay in the area...since they sell actual tickets versus the vouchers from military basis there is more flexibility....

In what way?

This is good information to have...as I've been struggling to get SOG Tickets to respond to me with anything other than this:
"You may come in person with your qualifying Military ID and purchase tickets. Our ticket office is open 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. "

Problem is we are not staying at Shades this time around...had a reservation but moved to a Disney Resort instead. We arrive LATE on March 18th (after 7pm) and were planning on going to BG Tampa on March 19th and then maybe Disney parks March 20th. I was hoping to get the tickets early so that I could have a TINY chance of making some Fastpass reservations for our date which is still just over 3 weeks away. It looks like I may have to give up on that. I have yet to even get Shades tickets to send me the order form despite a few emails. I used to have a copy of it but I don't seem to have it any longer.

Looks like we may have to just take our chances, try to get back early enough on Thursday to buy the Disney tickets and then maybe make a few FP reservations for the next day if we are lucky.

Any MWR can help you out! Ours in New Orleans will fed ex them to you. Local MWR tickets are not already activated like SoG, but you can still make FP. Our MWR number is 504-678-3508 if you want to give that a shot! Honestly, you could probably have the tickets by Friday or Saturday from us. They may even be able to give you ticket numbers over the phone to go ahead and link?

We just received our tickets from Shades. After linking them, is there anything else I need to do to get I to the parks? We will be staying at Shades.

We just received our tickets from Shades. After linking them, is there anything else I need to do to get I to the parks? We will be staying at Shades.

Nope, you are good to go! You can scan the tickets, or if you have or decide to buy MagicBands, you can use those.

Did you specifically email advancedtickets@shadesofgreen.org and ask for the order form? I've never had a problem getting a quick reply.

Actually I had been emailing with the "tickets" alias...and that person wasn't being very forthcoming other than saying come on in between these hours...hello I don't live in Florida for the millionth time. I did come across the alias you just mentioned on the SOG website yesterday and emailed them before you posted this...and yes I did get what I needed from them finally and I've responded...we'll see what happens.

Any MWR can help you out! Ours in New Orleans will fed ex them to you. Local MWR tickets are not already activated like SoG, but you can still make FP. Our MWR number is 504-678-3508 if you want to give that a shot! Honestly, you could probably have the tickets by Friday or Saturday from us. They may even be able to give you ticket numbers over the phone to go ahead and link?

Yes we also have an office here at work but they only stock the 3-day WDW MYW Hoppers and above...you would have to "special order" the 1 day hoppers that I need and they also require at least a 3-week window to do that for you. It would be easy if I wanted a standard 3 day or more ticket...but unfortunately that's not the case. I appreciate the thought there...we'll see what happens and how quickly it happens with SOG now.

Yes we also have an office here at work but they only stock the 3-day WDW MYW Hoppers and above...you would have to "special order" the 1 day hoppers that I need and they also require at least a 3-week window to do that for you. It would be easy if I wanted a standard 3 day or more ticket...but unfortunately that's not the case. I appreciate the thought there...we'll see what happens and how quickly it happens with SOG now.
That must be standard for 1 and 2-day tickets. Our local MWR also only carries the MYW 3-day and up also, citing the special order. We're putting in our SOG request today for our tickets. It took them a little more than a day to respond to DH's question (he did use the advantcedtickets email) about when they expire - it used to be 2030 but we wanted to make sure that is still the case since we wanted to hold onto a few to use for years we decide to pass through Orlando during the holidays (As an aside, at this time, MYW purchased at SOG still carry a 2030 expiration date in case anyone was wondering! :))

You should hopefully get your tickets within the next 5-7 days. Usually, we have a SOG stay, but we've done it once before by ordering and shipping FedEx in the past and I don't recall it being a drawn-out process.

Last edited:
That must be standard for 1 and 2-day tickets. Our local MWR also only carries the MYW 3-day and up also, citing the special order. We're putting in our SOG request today for our tickets. It took them a little more than a day to respond to DH's question (he did use the advantcedtickets email) about when they expire - it used to be 2030 but we wanted to make sure that is still the case since we wanted to hold onto a few to use for years we decide to pass through Orlando during the holidays (As an aside, at this time, MYW purchased at SOG still carry a 2030 expiration date in case anyone was wondering! :))

You should hopefully get your tickets within the next 5-7 days. Usually, we have a SOG stay, but we've done it once before by ordering and shipping FedEx in the past and I don't recall it being a drawn-out process.

I'm sure very few people want the 1 or 2 day tickets...it's just not cost effective to stock them. Here's hoping that this process does go pretty quickly. Even having a week or two to make a few FP selections is better than no time at all.

I'm sure very few people want the 1 or 2 day tickets...it's just not cost effective to stock them. Here's hoping that this process does go pretty quickly. Even having a week or two to make a few FP selections is better than no time at all.
That makes total sense.

Have a great trip! Hope you can snag some of the FPs you want

So we sent in the order form for our military promotion tickets but I have a feeling they will not get delivered before it’s time for me to make FPs. We called and they’re a week behind. Is there a way for them to send me my ticket numbers so we can make our FPs?

So we sent in the order form for our military promotion tickets but I have a feeling they will not get delivered before it’s time for me to make FPs. We called and they’re a week behind. Is there a way for them to send me my ticket numbers so we can make our FPs?

I was nervous, too. They said they call within 5-10 days of receiving the form and they did. I received the tickets two days later via Fed Ex. I know it’s hard, but try not to worry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter