Shades of Green tickets

Our son and his wife had better luck buying tickets from their base.
Worked very easy. Just had to activate them their first day at Guest Services.

Of course we are in a time crunch right now because we are planning a very last minute trip NEXT week and now need to get tickets. Our local CWF office doesn't stock the non-hoppers. I emailed back my ticket order form last night and I'm crossing fingers and toes that I will hear back from them SOON. I don't know how things are working with the current situation...how busy are they right now? Are there a lot of people trying to get tickets now that Shades is open again? Is the ticket office going to reopen now that the resort is open? Anybody know?

Of course we are in a time crunch right now because we are planning a very last minute trip NEXT week and now need to get tickets. Our local CWF office doesn't stock the non-hoppers. I emailed back my ticket order form last night and I'm crossing fingers and toes that I will hear back from them SOON. I don't know how things are working with the current situation...how busy are they right now? Are there a lot of people trying to get tickets now that Shades is open again? Is the ticket office going to reopen now that the resort is open? Anybody know?
I sent in my ticket form on a Saturday morning, July 25, and got a within 3 hours. Had the tickets in hand in 3 days.

Faxed request Thursday am. They called me around lunch. Tickets arrived Monday.

My sister requested and paid on Monday. Tickets arriving today.

Have fun!

Update: got a call today to call about my tickets...called them back...took them a while to find my order form.

So took my credit card information, then was informed they would FedEx the tickets, somebody would have to be home to sign for them, and that they MIGHT ship today to arrive Monday or Tuesday latest or they may ship Monday.

We leave Tuesday.

So I asked if she could sent me picture with the ticket numbers...and she interrupted and said I could not use photos of the tickets in place of tickets. I replied that I just wanted to numbers to link to my My Disney Experience account and I'd use my MagicBands instead of the tickets in case they didn't arrive. Told me I should probably just purchase them in person...but I said I wasn't sure if the ticket center was open because according to the website they were closed. She seemed confused and put me on hold.

She came back and said they would hold them for me at the front desk. So this works for me...since I'm due to arrive late Tuesday and want to go to a park Wednesday. Of course I'm wondering how strict SOG will be for me to enter the property if I don't have a room reservation. Also REALLY hope those tickets are truly there. I'm going to call on Tuesday morning to confirm to make sure before I fly out.

Also...they still charged me the ticket cost plus $12 shipping fee...but they aren't shipping them. I'll see if I can get that back too. That's a Mickey bar or two! :)

Arrived at Shades for our one night and ticket office is open, I just left there. You have to queue up and they text you when it's your turn. 2 members of party allowed in.

Are you purchasing SALUTE tickets or regular tickets? There is no such thing as a non-hopper SALUTE ticket.

NO we don't qualify for the SALUTE as we are not military.

Arrived at Shades for our one night and ticket office is open, I just left there. You have to queue up and they text you when it's your turn. 2 members of party allowed in.
Ah...that's so great to know. They do have a great system in place with the texting...wasn't sure how they would handle that post COVID with those tablets where you put in your information. Unfortunately the tickets hours are not late enough for us to use them when we arrive and not early enough for my liking for the next morning either, so hopefully this "have them at the front desk" works out. We shall know soon enough.

Just a quick update to my ticket situation from above and some advice. I think I mentioned that I felt pretty unsure about the person who I spoke to initially to order my tickets who said she would leave them at the front desk for me and didn't understand why I wanted a copy of the ticket numbers.

Before we left for our trip last Tuesday, I called the SOG front desk Monday. I wanted to make sure I'd have tickets waiting for me there the next day...there was nothing. I was transferred to the ticket desk, and as I was explaining my situation to that person even she seemed confused as to why the previous person mentioned leaving them at the front desk and it took her a while to find my ticket order. As I was rambling on she ended up finding the order and stopped me mid sentence to say "it's okay...I found the order" and RELIEF! She then asked if I wanted a scan of the ticket numbers because she said you know you need a reservation to get into the parks and I said I DID know that but when I had asked for a scan/photo of the tickets the previous week when I ordered the girl didn't seem to understand why I would need that. So clearly THIS ticket person had more of a clue than the person who took my initial order, she got my tickets scanned for me and sent me them via email, and she made sure to deliver them to the front desk for me to pick up. Bottom line if you get somebody for your ticket order who IS NOT willing to send those scans ahead of time or seems to not understand why you would need them...maybe push to get somebody else who does understand. I am pretty sure I would have shown up Tuesday evening to NO tickets waiting for me at the front desk without this call.

Taking my military son and his family in January. Have Shades booked today, we now need tickets. Can we order them now for January? I sent an email but haven't heard back. We also want to pay for them. Do I understand correctly that the military person needs to pay? Or can they use our card?

Taking my military son and his family in January. Have Shades booked today, we now need tickets. Can we order them now for January? I sent an email but haven't heard back. We also want to pay for them. Do I understand correctly that the military person needs to pay? Or can they use our card?

Yes, you can purchase tickets now for January. I recommend it, so you can book park reservations.

Yes, the military member or spouse needs to pay. Here's a screenshot from the order form. 527634

We are planning a last minute trip, and I panicked when my local MWR office told me they don't have (and won't be getting) any current Salute tickets to sell. I contacted another MWR about 2 hours away and was told they'd have to special order the tickets but it would take up to 30 days. Our trip was less than 30 days away, so I decided to buy tickets through Shades of Green. I am very happy I did. Here's the timeline:
12/28/20 - sent email requesting the form
12/30/20 - received and returned order form
12/31-20 - received call from Shades agent for payment
1/6/21 - tickets are in my hands and ready to use!

Given the intervening holiday, I am shocked that I have the tickets already. Shades of Green is awesome!

We are planning a last minute trip, and I panicked when my local MWR office told me they don't have (and won't be getting) any current Salute tickets to sell. I contacted another MWR about 2 hours away and was told they'd have to special order the tickets but it would take up to 30 days. Our trip was less than 30 days away, so I decided to buy tickets through Shades of Green. I am very happy I did. Here's the timeline:
12/28/20 - sent email requesting the form
12/30/20 - received and returned order form
12/31-20 - received call from Shades agent for payment
1/6/21 - tickets are in my hands and ready to use!

Given the intervening holiday, I am shocked that I have the tickets already. Shades of Green is awesome!

Glad you gave SoG a chance. We have ordered our tickets from them the past 4 years. I love that they send activated tickets, so you do not have to take time to activate when you arrive, as you do for tickets from a base travel office.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter