Shanghai Disney - 144 Hour Visa

aleh021

Mouseketeer
Hi disfriends,

Yes this is one of those posts regarding the visa and I know the answer but I just feel nervous about it all! But excited too.

I just want to make sure for the 100000th that we will be okay using the 144 hour visa free transit.

This is our flight itinerary.

BOSTON -> SHANGHAI -> TOKYO -> BOSTON

We will be in Shanghai from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. (July 5-July 7)

Staying at the Toy Story Hotel and only visiting Shanghai Disneyland.

As long as you are a citizen of one of the countries that can use the 144 hour transit, then your itinerary is fine.

Enjoy Shanghai Disneyland and the Toy Story Hotel, the cast members there are great!

You will be fine, just be prepared for a LONG wait in the Transit Visa queue. There is usually only one person processing these visas, so depending on how many flights have arrived and how many people are getting this visa you could easily be waiting in excess of an hour. But a good chance to stretch the legs post flight!

Hi disfriends,

Yes this is one of those posts regarding the visa and I know the answer but I just feel nervous about it all! But excited too.

I just want to make sure for the 100000th that we will be okay using the 144 hour visa free transit.

We will be in Shanghai from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. (July 5-July 7)

We will be in Shanghai July 3 to July 8. We're doing a couple of days in the city in addition of Disney.

I am at my wits end.
I have a Toy Story Hotel booking for mid-July. I have not received an e-mailed confirmation. I have sent a request multiple times through the website and spent hours on hold with the reservation centre (with no answer).
I tried to do online chat (they don't do English)
I called the Hotel itself and they promised to contact the reservation Centre on my behalf.

EdIt: after posting this I found the e-mail confirmation in my Junk mail (arrived yesterday). Their phone service for English speakers and response to e-mail requests is appalling. I will be saying something when I get there.

Last edited:
Hi disfriends,

Just following up, how did your trip go. Considering using the 144 hour transit visa for a stop while returning from cambodia. I would love to hear about your experience.

Just following up, how did your trip go. Considering using the 144 hour transit visa for a stop while returning from cambodia. I would love to hear about your experience.
I just did it last month. No issues whatsoever! The 144 hr visa has a special line at the very end of the immigration area and there’s a slightly different form than the normal immigration one (they have computer screens but I wasted time trying to get them to work and ended up behind lots of people in line). I just showed my airline ticket and ongoing itinerary. I had my hotel reservation ready but they didn’t care to see it. They had 2 booths with people checking paperwork and then 1 supervisor standing behind them who would do the final approval, but it was very quick!

I just did it last month. No issues whatsoever! The 144 hr visa has a special line at the very end of the immigration area and there’s a slightly different form than the normal immigration one (they have computer screens but I wasted time trying to get them to work and ended up behind lots of people in line). I just showed my airline ticket and ongoing itinerary. I had my hotel reservation ready but they didn’t care to see it. They had 2 booths with people checking paperwork and then 1 supervisor standing behind them who would do the final approval, but it was very quick!

Thanks for the information! I think we are going to use it. We’re flying direct from Cambodia to Shanghai and then Shanghai to DFW 3 days later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!