Shanghai - hotel prebooked FP

Yeah I was there Oct 21-22. The 21st was the day with higher crowds, but I think that was due to a couple factors: it was the day after the Inspiration Run weekend. I had noticed a lot of people hanging around the hotel the previous day, so people may have made it a long weekend. And it also was the day of the Japanese emperor enthronement, so apparently a lot of Japanese guests came out to Shanghai since HK has so much upheaval. The crowds on the Tuesday (22nd) were much better.
Thanks. What did you think of the parks? Are you doing a TR?

Thanks. What did you think of the parks? Are you doing a TR?
Yeah, I will do a TR, just need to go thru all photos and notes and stuff! I really liked Shanghai! It really exceeded my expectations. Overall the park was just a lot of fun and I can't wait to go back once Zootopia gets finished! (I actually had a better time in Shanghai and HK than I did in Tokyo, but that's another story altogether.)

Did you do the premier pass or the concierge service?
I bought the premier passes. I got the Family set (Buzz, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Soaring, Voyage to the Crystal Grotto, Woody's Roundup), and Adventure set (Pirates, Challenge Trails Rex's Racers, Roaring Rapids, 7DMT, Tron - though looking now it seems like Pirates has been replaced in the Adventure set by Buzz). Between both of those sets I covered all of the rides where Premier access was offered. I actually didn't care about some of the rides (I never ended up bothering to use the Soaring or Roaring Rapids ones), but I checked costs beforehand and realized it made more sense to buy the sets vs individual rides.

On my second day I ended up buying individual passes to re-ride Voyage to the Crystal Grotto and Challenge Trails since those don't even have normal FPs. Other rides either didn't have a long line or I got regular FPs for them. Turns out I didn't need it for the challenge trails at the moment I ended up riding (I think that was a fluke since all the other times I walked by it was a longer line), and I avoided a 45 minute wait for Crystal Grotto. I only did one "true" standby line when I was there (Jet Packs which don't have any FP option-paid or free) and definitely had some experiences with people pushing into personal space or trying to skip in front of me, so I was happy to avoid those lines wherever possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts