Share Your Rewards Towards Disney: Week of 8/20/-8/26/17

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
Here's mine for the week:

Sunday:
  • So far nothing to report. Have not heard from my DVC renter since yesterday when they confirmed that they wanted the resort and dates.
Monday
  • Received a $25 Target GC from Perk
  • Switched my electricity provider to get 12,500 AAdvantage miles and an intro rate that is 0.6¢/KWH lower than my current rate.
  • Heard from my DVC renter and we are in the process of finalizing payment for their reservation.
Tuesday
  • Today is bill-paying day, so I decided to turn lemons into lemonade and I tallied the credit card rewards that I accrued on this month's statements
Amazon + 335 pts.
Disney Visa +4.88
Hilton HHonors +930 pts
Chase UR +26,361 pts. (we own a small business, I don't spend like that from our personal account!)​
Wednesday
  • Finalized contract with DVC renter and received partial payment this morning. $708 in my Mickey Money to pay my DVC dues in January!
Thursday
  • Did errands this morning and collected enough ShopKick kicks to put me over the finish line for 2 $10 Target GCs. Redeemed and got them immediately.
Friday
  • Received a $5 Amazon GC from Coke Freestyle
  • Received a $25 Target GC from Perk
Saturday
  • Nothing to report.

Last edited:
Thank you, Marionette, for creating this! I was going to participate last week, but was just swamped. I find this kind of fun personal tracking so beneficial and inspirational! :)

Sunday
  • Completed LF&E August survey through Opinion Insights for $2 via virtual Mastercard that I'll use to add funds to my Starbucks card for coffee at the parks.
  • Cashed in for a $5 Amazon gift card from Ipsos i-Say. Will use this with others to purchase either a Rainforest Cafe or Gordon Biersch gift card to use at Big River Grille.
  • Made my first daily goal on Swagbucks, earning the 8 SB bonus.
Monday
  • Cashed in for $25 PayPal at Swagbucks. I will use this to buy Disney Gift Cards online at the Disney Store through Swagbucks, earning 2% back.
  • Received $5 Amazon gift card from Receipt Hog. Adding it to the Amazon account to purchase either a Rainforest Cafe or Gordon Biersch gift card. (Amazon gift card total is now $10, will order when I have $25)
  • Cashed in 5000 points from MPlus for a $2 Amazon gift card.
  • Met second Swagbucks goal and earned 89 SB bonus.
Tuesday
  • Cashed out on Louder Rewards for a $25 Amazon gift card.
  • $25 deposited into PayPal from Swagbucks redemption.
  • Purchased a $100 Disney gift card at the Disney Store through Swagbucks earning 2% back using PayPal funds earned.
  • Earned $2.75 with Ibotta
  • Added .64 to the change jar.
  • Met second Swagbucks goal and earned 86 SB bonus.
Wednesday
  • Cashed out for $5 Amazon GC from Ipsos i-Say.
  • Cashed out for $25 PayPal at Swagbucks.
  • Earned .25 with Ibotta.
  • Met second Swagbucks goal and earned 81 SB bonus.
Thursday
  • Received $25 Amazon gift card from Louder Rewards. Used it to buy $25 Rainforest Cafe gift card. ($178 in Rainforest Cafe GCs total)
  • Received $70 from Dscout app for completed focus group.
  • Cashed out for $5 Amazon GC from Louder Rewards.
  • $25 deposited into PayPal from Swagbucks redemption.
  • Purchased a $100 Disney GC at the Disney Store through Swagbucks earning 2% back using PayPal funds earned.
  • Cashed out for $1 Amazon GC from ReceiptPal.
  • Met second Swagbucks goal and earned 92 SB bonus.
Friday
  • Cashed out for $5 Amazon GC from Louder Rewards.
  • Received $100 Disney GC ordered through Swagbucks for 2% back.
  • Received $5 Amazon GC from Louder Rewards.
  • Met second Swagbucks goal and earned 102 SB bonus.
Saturday
  • Met first Swagbucks goal and earned 10 SB bonus.

Last edited:
I'm brand new to posting (but have been reading for about 2 years) and your thread inspired me to finally register since I've started working towards a trip next summer. Current plan is a few days in Disneyland, but might switch gears and head back to Disney World instead. Thinking the weekly posting threads will keep me inspired to plug away at rewards programs.

Sunday:
  • earned 190 swagbucks (bringing my balance to 624)
  • completed 4 surveys on MTurk, worth a total of $3
Monday:
  • earned 50 swagbucks (bringing balance to 674)
  • completed 5 surveys on MTurk, worth $7.50
  • 48 cents of credit card rewards processed
Tuesday
  • earned 112 swagbucks (bringing balance to 786)
  • completed 3 mturk surveys, worth $2.35
  • 12 cents of credit card rewards processed
Wednesday
  • earned 118 swagbucks (balance of 904)
  • completed 7 mturk tasks, worth $4.60
  • $9.46 in credit card rewards processed
Thursday
  • earned 112 swagbucks (balance of 1016) which got me my 7 day streak (25 sb)
  • completed 3 surveys on mturk, worth $2.25
  • 40 cents in credit card rewards processed
  • sold some old baby gear on my neighborhood listserv, $20
Friday
  • earned 84 swagbucks (balance of 1100)
  • completed 4 surveys on mturk, worth $1.90
  • earned 374 shopkicks
Saturday
  • earned 109 swagbucks (balance of 1209)
  • completed 3 mturk surveys, worth $2.55
  • earned 44 shopkicks (balance of 418)

Total and weekly balances:
Savings Account (where I'll be transferring all my balances): $37.63 (+$20 this week)
Credit Card Reward Balance: $97.52 (+$10.46 this week)
MTurk Balance: $49.26 (+23.75 this week)
Swagbucks: 1209 (+587 this week)
Shopkicks: +418 this week

Total = $184.41 (+$54.21 this week)

Last edited:

I'm brand new to posting (but have been reading for about 2 years) and your thread inspired me to finally register since I've started working towards a trip next summer. Current plan is a few days in Disneyland, but might switch gears and head back to Disney World instead. Thinking the weekly posting threads will keep me inspired to plug away at rewards programs.
Welcome! This is such a great and supportive community. Glad you're adding to that! :)

Sunday
Got dinner to-go at our local steakhouse and earned 274 SB from SB local (*these will be pending until the end of the week)...didn't get any SB toward my goal:sad:

Monday
I had a Clearsurance offer clear for 75SB and I completed a 60SB survey after work so I made my first goal:goodvibes...135 SB today.

Tuesday
Did 2 surveys on SB (and a few DQ's) and got a small search win and made my first goal...plus 7 more from DH (I referred him!)...a total of 150 SB today.

Wednesday
Had to work but I was able to get a survey on the SB mobile app (Answer) which kickstarted my motivation to work on it after I got home. It took me until 9pm, but I made my goal and I also received 9 SB from DH...a total of 172 SB today.

Thursday
I think I am finally done attempting to earn SB today...I hit my goal and got a some referral SB from DH too. I ended the day with 151 SB
I also scored a whopping $0.87 in eBates for a purchase at the UnderArmor outlet...but my eBates are ear-marked for my 2018 trip

Friday
The 274 SB from our dining purchase on Sunday credited, I had a survey DQ and DH earned me another 6 SB so I made my goal and finished the day with 281 SB.

Saturday
A shopping purchase from Target cleared (77 SB) and DH earned another 7 so I'm at 84 for the day. My goal is 102 and so I still need 25 more to hit the goal (referral earnings don't count) but I haven't even attempted a survey yet. I finished the day at 212...203 from my activities and another 9 in referral earnings from DH.

My total SwagBucks earned this week is....1101:thumbsup2!

Last edited:
Sunday
  • cashed out Microsoft Rewards for $5 Starbucks GC
Monday
  • received $150 cash back(15,000 points) sign up bonus from Chase Freedom Unlimited.
  • $11.12 this month in Disney Visa Rewards. used the card to pay cable and insurance bill - 4% cash back
Balances:
  • Disney Visa Rewards - $52.49
  • Chase Freedom Rewards 25,000 pts
  • Discover Rewards - $70.44
  • Amex Blue rewards $68.45
Saturday:
  • cashed out Microsoft/Bing Rewards for $5 Starbucks GC
earned ~ $33 in surveys, multiple sites

Last edited:

I hope I'm doing this right...

Sunday
  • Earned $1.25 in Ibotta rebates
Monday
  • Purchased $25 Target gift card using Red Card, so $23.75
Balances
  • Disney Gift Card balance: $375
  • Disney Visa Rewards: $255.19
  • Ibotta: $27.30
  • Ebates: $10.76

Sunday
  • $6.00 PNC cashback for Advance Auto
  • $2.68 Topcashback for Advance Auto
  • $3.00 Topcashback bonus
  • $0.48 Topcashback at Cardpool
Monday
$0 packing and getting the house cleaned up before heading out of town.

Tuesday to Saturday: Big fat zero because I took my daughter's and grandsons to West Virginia to see my family!

Last edited:
Monday: Got $5 from SmartPanel for continuing to have their software on my phone/computer (it's a lot like a Nielsen device)
I actually cashed in my Shopkick for a $5 Target Card last week but forgot, so I'm adding it here.

@TabbyShabby, where are you finding mPLUS Rewards available to cash out? I stopped doing mPLUS Places because there are no longer any rewards showing as available on the app. I also tried signing in to the mPLUS website, and there also it's only showing Sweepstakes entries. I have a little over 5,000 points that I'd cash in if I could find any rewards available.

@TabbyShabby, where are you finding mPLUS Rewards available to cash out? I stopped doing mPLUS Places because there are no longer any rewards showing as available on the app. I also tried signing in to the mPLUS website, and there also it's only showing Sweepstakes entries. I have a little over 5,000 points that I'd cash in if I could find any rewards available.
I redeem rewards through the Cricket Rewards app. You don't have to be a Cricket user to cash out. I was saving points and cashing out at $25, but with how they've cut all redemptions on their other apps, I'm cashing out as soon as I have enough, which is 5000 points for a $2 gift card to Target, Walmart and Amazon. So bummed they seem to be dying. It was a great one.

Reactions: Ava
Monday:
  • Day 21 Streak (bonus) met for Swagbucks.

Tuesday:

• 5 dimes added to Dimes for Disney bottle.
  • Cashed out $39.50 from Field Agent

I redeem rewards through the Cricket Rewards app. You don't have to be a Cricket user to cash out. I was saving points and cashing out at $25, but with how they've cut all redemptions on their other apps, I'm cashing out as soon as I have enough, which is 5000 points for a $2 gift card to Target, Walmart and Amazon. So bummed they seem to be dying. It was a great one.

I also added the Cricket rewards app and deleted mPlus. Cricket doesn't have near as many check-in spots, but they often have BIG codes you can enter for points. Two weeks ago they had 1500 in one day (three codes). Someone posted them on an FB page. Plus you can play the Cricket road race game multiple times daily; and they regularly feature a half price gift card.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Amazon GCs can be used to pay for Amazon Fresh orders? I'm thinking that I could cut out a week's grocery bill by getting Amazon GCs from my rewards programs and then shifting the grocery money to my Mickey Money if it works.

I also added the Cricket rewards app and deleted mPlus. Cricket doesn't have near as many check-in spots, but they often have BIG codes you can enter for points. Two weeks ago they had 1500 in one day (three codes). Someone posted them on an FB page. Plus you can play the Cricket road race game multiple times daily; and they regularly feature a half price gift card.
Thank you both! I just downloaded the Cricket app and was able to log in with my existing mPLUS account, and all my points are there.

Does anyone know if Amazon GCs can be used to pay for Amazon Fresh orders? I'm thinking that I could cut out a week's grocery bill by getting Amazon GCs from my rewards programs and then shifting the grocery money to my Mickey Money if it works.

You know, I don't know! And I thought I knew all the in and outs of Amazon! (Living in a Seattle, if feels like everyone works there)

Thank you both! I just downloaded the Cricket app and was able to log in with my existing mPLUS account, and all my points are there.
Do you have to be a Cricket customer to use this app?

Do you have to be a Cricket customer to use this app?
Nope! You earn more points if you are, but anyone can sign up. A warning, it does seem that slowly MPLUS rewards is dying, including Cricket Rewards. My gut is telling me this one isn't going to be around much longer, so get all the earnings in while you can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter