Sharing Some Good News For January 2018

Plus, it applies to the FW Cabins.

Rusty,

If you look at my signature in the early 2000's, we did the cabins. Loved them, got the bug for the Fort, and bought a popup and here I still am. I'd like to do a few nights in a Deluxe but even at a 50% discount, I wince at some of those prices. :scared: DW has mentioned GF (she has champagne tastes and I have a beer budget) and has no interest in any others except Wilderness Lodge which is perhaps the most affordable Deluxe. I really like the look of Port Orleans Riverside and the Moderates are more appealing at 50% off. Maybe I will do a split stay - some nights at one, some at another. :teleport: Neither one of us has an interest in the Epcot resorts or AKL.

And for those who want to know, besides the discount, DD earns 3 1-day parkhopper passes after working 150 hours (it's based on how many cumulative hours you've worked), another 3 ph passes at the 300 hour cumulative mark, and another 3 at the 600 hour mark. At 40 hours a week roughly, that's at the 4 month mark which is all she's working (mid-January to mid-May). But extra tickets can be bought by DD at a 10% discount supposedly.

Plus there is a CastMember only store called Cast Connections on property that supposedly sells merch and display/attractions stuff at heavily marked down prices. They are allowed to bring in a guest like myself. :rolleyes: And there is a back-room CastMember-only space behind CC run by Property Control that supposedly has the really GOOD stuff.

19383456_1yv89peu1PatS7DlkpPMt43ATHpofx54mqDKXnmjvR0.jpg

It's behind AK next to Western Way. On purpose it's very discreet but I think I ran by that warehouse on this past Disney Marathon.

If she works hard, doesn't get fired, etc. she could be extended to continue working through the summer as well and would have the opportunity to interview for a different position for the summer (doesn't have to keep doing Custodial). I've told her she can extend if she wants to and to squeeze as much fun and adventure out of this because once you get out of college and get a job, these kinds of chances become more scarce.

:rockband: Bama Ed

PS - so Rusty, does CC have some good stuff? How 'bout the back room?

Last edited:
once you get out of college and get a job, these kinds of chances become more scarce.
PS - so Rusty, does CC have some good stuff? How 'bout the back room?

1) Yep, once out of college, REAL LIFE sets in . . . to some kids/students, a real shocker
2 As far as Cast Connection and Back Room, there can be some really good bargains, almost always.
. . . CC has reduced prices for overstocks and some MINOR flaws (non-employees are admitted)
. . . just have to know the retail retail prices vs. the price at CC
. . . Back Room has discounts up to 90% for scratch-and-dent or guest lost-and-found items
. . . both are great shopping spots (Back Room access is NOT ELIGIBLE TO ANYONE without a Disney ID card for employees and/or retirees)
. . . during Christmas, the Back Room sometimes has "open hours" for a few days (where non-employees can have access when accompanied by an employee)
3) MrsRustyScupper hits Back Room between Oct-Dec for Christmas presents at least twice to hunt for grand-kids and great-grand-kids.
4) Makes holiday shopping pretty reasonable - price wise. *

* I once bought a $250 Mickey Wrist Watch for $10 as a gift to myself, and all it had was a scratch on the back-side, where it was not visible. Still have it.

Ed,

Funny how we were talking about this when Madison and I were visiting before the game.

I told Madison that the nice girl she met at your house (she kept talking about her for several days) had gotten in the program at Disney she started jumping around.

So, from all of us here in the Tiggerdad household, tell her congratulations.

Sorry I'm late to party, work this week has been crazy.

Ed,

Funny how we were talking about this when Madison and I were visiting before the game.

I told Madison that the nice girl she met at your house (she kept talking about her for several days) had gotten in the program at Disney she started jumping around.

So, from all of us here in the Tiggerdad household, tell her congratulations.

Sorry I'm late to party, work this week has been crazy.

Will do, Michael.

ED

Congratulations to her (and you!) What a fun, fantastic opportunity! I'm excited for you all!

Congratulations to your daughter! What a great time all of you will have - enjoy!!

That is wonderful.

And of course you have to go and get her settled in. And maybe another trip mid semester to check on her. And then again, when she moves to her new position. With that great discount, it makes sense.

Oh, I love the men and women dressed in white. They seem to know where everything is and how to get there. They are great people to talk to.

MaryLovesPoohBear,

You are right, of course. Her mom and I will have to visit frequently to check on her.

I imagine her shlepping a couple garbage cans down Main Street USA after putting some empties in the cans themselves and then cleaning some bathrooms. I imagine her mom and myself with a bag of popcorn, a cold carbonated beverage, and no FP or commitment in sight as we trail along behind her watching her sweat, grunt, lift, sweep, and scrub. I hope I am up for it. :rolleyes:

Now, in all fairness I do have to say that DD is artistic and can probably pick up the water broom art easily when she is trained:

hay485998LARGE.jpg

But we won't have a care in the world other than to follow her and watch my baby live out her dream.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
MaryLovesPoohBear,

You are right, of course. Her mom and I will have to visit frequently to check on her.

I imagine her shlepping a couple garbage cans down Main Street USA after putting some empties in the cans themselves and then cleaning some bathrooms. I imagine her mom and myself with a bag of popcorn, a cold carbonated beverage, and no FP or commitment in sight as we trail along behind her watching her sweat, grunt, lift, sweep, and scrub. I hope I am up for it. :rolleyes:

Now, in all fairness I do have to say that DD is artistic and can probably pick up the water broom art easily when she is trained:

hay485998LARGE.jpg

But we won't have a care in the world other than to follow her and watch my baby live out her dream.

Bama Ed

Take notes folks, this is one of best fatherly posts I've ever seen on the Dis.

Bravo sir.

I never understood why people publicly volunteer information like this.
Huh? o_O

Ed,

I'll be there February 25th-March 3rd. I'll check in on her for you.
Now I could help out and check in more often if that discount extended to friends. :D

j

I never understood why people make posts like yours other than to try and purposefully cause a scene.

Man is proud of his daughter, it's something she's always wanted to do and worked hard for it.

Easy enough for the rest of us to understand.

I never understood why people make posts like yours other than to try and purposefully cause a scene.

Man is proud of his daughter, it's something she's always wanted to do and worked hard for it.

@tiggerdad .......... I'm with you on this one :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 One of the simple pleasures of being a parent is the opportunity to share good news and accomplishments of our children.

Your assumption about trying to make a scene with my post is completely wrong; you don't know my what my intent was or how/whom/why it might have been stated.

Your assumption about trying to make a scene with my post is completely wrong; you don't know my what my intent was or how/whom/why it might have been stated.
You are correct. We do not know your intent since you did not elaborate on the comment. Because of your vagueness, we are left to our own interpretations.

It seems many are interpreting this to be a comment that should have stayed in your head instead of being added to a forum post.

j

Back to Ed's good news. Which Resorts have you narrowed it down to for the first stay?

I am also gonna move this to the CCB for further good news discussion.

Just an update to the subject of this thread.

DD got her location assignment today and she will be working Custodial at the Boardwalk Resort just outside the EPCOT International Gateway. We are going back to Disney this weekend (staying in an offsite hotel) to move her into Disney Housing on Tuesday Jan 16.

She will probably spend alot of her off time at EPCOT (she didn't want to work at MK because it would spoil the magic) because it's her 2nd favorite park.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!