Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

i would check out this link for booking SVR (i think it is sheraton direct but it gives a cheaper option if you skip the housekeeping):

http://allears.net/acc/faq_svistana.htm

Yes, the link directs you to the Starwood (Sheraton) site. It looks like it applies a rate code "AEARS" to your reservation, that will provide a certain discount. No Housekeeping is always available (it is the norm at timeshare properties), you can book this option direct with Starwood or most TA's. The rates seem reasonable for the resort, be sure you understand the cancellation rules.

Gina gave you a breakdown on the sections elsewhere.

Don't count Zimmies out - there were 5 different projects listed to be completed between summer and December - that doesn't mean they will all be going at the same time. Zimmies has both indoor and outdoor sections and one or the other is likely to remain open; there's a good possibility that both could be open. There is also the Cascades Bar and Grill, the Liki Tiki Bar and the Snack Shack (took the place of the food court last year). Also, the Marketplace has a really nice deli counter and makes fresh sandwiches to order. After that, you are heading off-site where there are lots of nearby options, or have something delivered to the resort. Ci-Ci's pizza is popular and has a nearby location.

We find the resort very manageable for walking, but we aren't afraid to walk a bit. Compared to the distances you walk at Disney, everything is just around the corner. There are sidewalks throughout, many that skirt along the lovely ponds. My best advice would be to pull the resort up on google maps and zoom in close. You can get a pretty good feel for the distances just by looking online.

Vistana runs shuttles to the park, free for hotel stay guests, fee for owners and timeshare stays. They offer a very limited number of trips per day. I would not recommend them; the convenience of a car is far superior; you can come and go from the parks as you please.

THANKS SO MUCH :thumbsup2
We plan to rent a car, so we will just use that. Glad to hear there are several dining options. We also plan to cook in the unit too.

Hey All! I'm so glad I found this board. Yesterday I booked at 4 night/5 day stay for my family at Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort for September 2014.:cool1:

Starwood emailed me a great deal that I couldn't pass up: for the price of one night at a Disney Deluxe resort, I have 4 nights at Sheraton Vistana with a kitchenette, bedroom, washer/dryer, etc. We were planning on going in September, so it was a no-brainer!

We usually stay on Disney property, but 2 years ago I was very dismayed about the large, noisy crowds (in lobby & restaurants) in the evenings at the Polynesian Resort. Even the breakfasts were crowded and noisy :sad2:. I felt like we needed more peace and relaxation at the resort we're staying at, especially after a day of commando-Disney.

Anyway, this is a very helpful board, so thank you!

Hey All! I'm so glad I found this board. Yesterday I booked at 4 night/5 day stay for my family at Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort for September 2014.:cool1: Starwood emailed me a great deal that I couldn't pass up: for the price of one night at a Disney Deluxe resort, I have 4 nights at Sheraton Vistana with a kitchenette, bedroom, washer/dryer, etc. We were planning on going in September, so it was a no-brainer! We usually stay on Disney property, but 2 years ago I was very dismayed about the large, noisy crowds (in lobby & restaurants) in the evenings at the Polynesian Resort. Even the breakfasts were crowded and noisy :sad2:. I felt like we needed more peace and relaxation at the resort we're staying at, especially after a day of commando-Disney. Anyway, this is a very helpful board, so thank you!

Just a quick FYI. This board is specific to Sheraton Vistana RESORT. The VILLAGES is a different location.

I've never been to Villages, but, I hear it is just as nice, but, a little further away than the "Resort".

Enjoy your Vacation!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

What a season to miss Orlando! Had to pass on SVR this year .Kids braces really blew a hole our plans last year.As luck would have it?? ,its been one of the worst winters here in years:eek:.But? on a good note our kids teeth are really looking great:):),and friends of ours want to treat us to Magic Kingdom with them next Feb.That we will gladly accept!!:cool1::cheer2::dance3: We have also arranged to have them stay at our favorite resort. To all that were so lucky to get away we hope you all had a wonderful time.PS I still have over 5ft. of snow in my front yard.

Quick Question.... do they allow pool noodles or floats in the pools?:)
14 more days!!!!

Quick Question.... do they allow pool noodles or floats in the pools?:)
14 more days!!!!

This one I know for sure, because I just asked (we planned to take some tubes down for our August stay and wanted to be sure they were allowed).

And the answer is yes :) .

We received our HOA spring newsletter for the Vistana Resort today, and there were a couple of updates worth noting here.

Copied and pasted from the newsletter:

• Upon check-in to the resort, you will now receive towel cards for each
occupant in your villa. The program lets you exchange your card for a
towel during distribution hours at the Main Activity Center along with the
Fountains, Spas and Cascades pool areas.

• Effective March 1, 2014, there is a new package handling procedure that
includes a small fee for all parcels received. Please call 407 239 3100
for assistance.

Totally- New to this thread- but so Happy I found it! We arrive next week, May 3rd. Just trying to get last minute things together. This may sound like a silly question. But what kind of coffee makers are in the Villas?? Do I need Filters? Any other helpful suggestions as to what we should bring? We are flying, so I don't have that much wiggle room!!! Thanks

Totally- New to this thread- but so Happy I found it! We arrive next week, May 3rd. Just trying to get last minute things together. This may sound like a silly question. But what kind of coffee makers are in the Villas?? Do I need Filters? Any other helpful suggestions as to what we should bring? We are flying, so I don't have that much wiggle room!!! Thanks

Yup, standard filter coffee makers. There will be a couple of complimentary packs of Starbucks coffee in the unit; the ones with the grounds in a filter packet. We bought a 400 pack of paper filters at Publix about 5 years ago, and since we only use them at Vistana we have about 300 left. I just throw a handful in my suitcase each trip. They will have coffee and filters available in the Marketplace as well.

We will be staying at SVR in June with a 1 year old and two teens. I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of cribs the resort has - mini cribs, full size cribs or the metal "institutional" type cribs. Would like to find out ahead of time to determine if I should rent a crib from a local rental company, or if the resort offerings will work.

We will be staying at SVR in June with a 1 year old and two teens. I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of cribs the resort has - mini cribs, full size cribs or the metal "institutional" type cribs. Would like to find out ahead of time to determine if I should rent a crib from a local rental company, or if the resort offerings will work.

That's a tough one, and I doubt that you'll get an answer here. If no one chimes in, give the resort a call at 407 239 3100 and talk to guest services. They should be able to help you out with your question.

When we used theirs back in 2010, they were the white 'institutional' ones. I didn't like them, and so I brought my own from home 2 years ago. Not sure if they have changed, but if you give them a call, I'm sure they can answer you. Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!