Sheraton Vistana Resort vs Villages (or Other Resorts)

Aflyingbuttress

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give me insight into the differences between these two hotels? I know Villages is a little further from WDW and I've looked closely at photos of both. I like the look of Villages better and it seems like it might be slightly better for kids. The Resort Villas looked like the activities were a bit better with more restaurant options.

Any other differences to note? Also, any other resorts we should check out that are similar to Vistana?

We have not stayed at Vistana but were really impressed by The Fountains (Bluegreen). Very, very updated and beautiful rooms. I think its right across from Vistana Villages.

I was wondering with the villages, if that’s a good option for seaworld and universal? Mousesavers usualy offers good discounts on these resorts.

The resorts are both very nice. Have staid at both, now own a week at SVR. SVV is newer built, was started around the time the SVR property was mostly developed; but SVR has had an entire refurbishment, so there is nothing missing there. The newer buildings that you find at SVV and the final two sections at SVR (Lakes and Cascades) are much higher density (5-storey+) than the older sections at SVR (2-3 storey). Some like the bigger buildings, I much prefer the space of the smaller two and three storey villa buildings at SVR. Both resorts are Sheraton quality (tier 1 resorts IMO). Yes, there are more general amenities at SVR, and I think it is better for tweens and teens, SVV has the pirate pool for younger kids. Both resorts are pretty well laid out, you are generally just a short walk from whatever you need.

Access to the parks is similar from both. SVV may add 5 minutes to Disney. SVV is better for Seaworld, it is kind of a wash for Universal (SVV is closer, but SVR is closer to I-4 so usually quicker).

In the same tier 1 would include the HGVC (Hilton Grand Vacation Club) resorts at SeaWorld or Tuscany, and the Marriott Vacation Club resorts at Grand Vista, Cypress Harbor, or the Royal/Imperial/Sabal Palms.

Thanks for the information! We've stayed at the Grand Vista and Cypress Harbor, and enjoyed them very much. Not to put you on the spot, but how long of a drive would you say to get to the Universal parking lot and to Seaworld's lot? Thanks again!!

We have not stayed at Vistana but were really impressed by The Fountains (Bluegreen). Very, very updated and beautiful rooms. I think its right across from Vistana Villages.

Wow! This place is gorgeous. Thanks for the recommendation. Do you have any opinion on the sales pitches for the timeshare? I read some reviews that say they lay it on thick. Not sure I want to deal with that.

The resorts are both very nice. Have staid at both, now own a week at SVR. SVV is newer built, was started around the time the SVR property was mostly developed; but SVR has had an entire refurbishment, so there is nothing missing there. The newer buildings that you find at SVV and the final two sections at SVR (Lakes and Cascades) are much higher density (5-storey+) than the older sections at SVR (2-3 storey). Some like the bigger buildings, I much prefer the space of the smaller two and three storey villa buildings at SVR. Both resorts are Sheraton quality (tier 1 resorts IMO). Yes, there are more general amenities at SVR, and I think it is better for tweens and teens, SVV has the pirate pool for younger kids. Both resorts are pretty well laid out, you are generally just a short walk from whatever you need.

Access to the parks is similar from both. SVV may add 5 minutes to Disney. SVV is better for Seaworld, it is kind of a wash for Universal (SVV is closer, but SVR is closer to I-4 so usually quicker).

In the same tier 1 would include the HGVC (Hilton Grand Vacation Club) resorts at SeaWorld or Tuscany, and the Marriott Vacation Club resorts at Grand Vista, Cypress Harbor, or the Royal/Imperial/Sabal Palms.

Thank you so much for the detailed response. I noticed in your Marriott suggestions you didn't mention Harbour Lake. Any reason for that? We were looking there and Grande Vista and were considering Harbour Lake because it looked so kid friendly. But for all of these places there is not much info on their website about what there is to do there other than pool and golf. Do they have any other activities?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!