She's a big sister and an expedition leader: A party of 8 with a 9 month old September 2016 TR

You had such a gorgeous fireworks view that it must have been really hard to leave that. I'm really hoping that we get a view like that. :)

Marshall must be walking (running) around now. Hopefully, you won't need as much "stuff" next trip.

Did you post your return dates, yet?

We loved the view, and it is our favorite room yet at WL, although we have enjoyed them all. It is neat that those rooms have always been Standard view, and we are hoping they stay that way for a while.

Marshall is zooming all over the place now. He is a busy boy. It will be interesting chasing him around this year. We went to Disneyland last weekend and had to find somewhere to let him play. We are already thinking about where we can do that at WDW.

We'll be back at WL August 11-20. Having less than a year between trips feels so fast. We have our ADRs and the Fastpass + date will be here before long.

Enjoy your trip, we hope you get a great view and can't wait to hear about WL.

gotten fastpasses for the Finding Nemo show at 3:30
I really wanted to work this in for our June trip because we missed it last year but with the Pandora stuff and only 1 day at AK (with midday break and dinner at Sanaa) it might have to be left out again.

We were looking for a stroller fan that we had seen before, and when we asked the CM said they only had them at MK. We had seen them there earlier in the trip, but it wasn't a big deal so we headed for the buses.

Yes! the stroller fan, I need to order two before our next trip. I've heard these are useless but Marshall would have appreciated any air movement having to spend so much time in the stroller. Unfortunately they aren't sold on Disney property anymore.
So glad you posted about this because I wanted one last year and didn't get one. So I just went on Amazon and put a two pack in my cart! Thank you!

This is one of our negatives about AKL for us. The transportation time to AKL is still quite a bit longer than to WL from MK. Having to take buses to all parks is one thing, but the longer trip to/from the closest park is a bit of a bummer.
I really would like to stay there. It is beautiful and peaceful and the pools are awesome! But the distance is what keeps me away.

Boma for our dinner reservation.
Love Boma!! We are trying Sanaa this year though.

As usual, our reservation was for 8, 2 of which were kids. After a short wait they led us to a table for 6. They said we could squeeze the kids in somewhere, but it was already tight. We explained that we had a reservation for 8, and that we wanted the extra space. The guy seating us didn't know what to do, but went back to the desk and talked to a manager and then told us we would have to wait if we wanted a bigger table. We agreed, because we didn't want to eat with both kids on our laps. Finally they were able to seat us at 6:30, and we got a table with enough room for everybody.

It's pretty ridiculous that they couldn't figure out our reservation. We have 8 people, we need 8 seats.
This makes no sense to me. I'm glad they got it figured out but it should've been automatic.

The dessert selection was great too, and we tried a little of everything. My favorite here was the unlimited supply of Zebra Domes, which are unique chocolate treats defined by The Disney Food Blog as: "An Amarula Cream Liquor mousse is enrobed in panna cotta-esque white chocolate and drizzled with chocolate and chocolate shavings. The whole thing sits atop a thin cake base." I say Yumm.
Yum!

After dinner we went upstairs and checked out the AKL gift shop, which also has lots of unique items. Allie spent quite a while looking around, trying on masks, and putting on a drum performance.
So fun!

At this point Melissa and the kids were pretty tired and about done with the day, so we decided to head back to the resort.
That is Disney-tired!

Then we walked to the WL bus stop and got on a bus at 9:16 then arrived at the Lodge at 9:23. When we got upstairs, we saw that housekeeping had arranged the stuffed animals with the TV remote, which was cute.
Love it!

I knew there was a late Main Street Electrical Parade so I decided to hop on a boat back to MK to see it and Grandpa Jim went with me.
I am thinking of doing something similar in June. I'm thinking I'll get all 3 of my boys (DH, DS, and DS...lol) settled and then hop a boat to MK for PM EMH...just for some WDW MK alone time. We'll see how I feel at that time though.

It was nice to catch the parade one last time before it moved from WDW back to DL.
Yes, I'm so glad I saw it in June. I will miss it quite a bit this year.

Outside our door we were greeted with the dreaded door tag.
Boo hiss!

The room definitely needed some work and a lot of packign up before we'd be ready to leave.
Oh my! :)

Before we considered leaving though we had one call to make. I called and booked the bounceback for 2017.
Whoo hoo!

(Flash forward to a few months ago, when after calling periodiacally I found that they had opened up Standard view for the bounce back, so we were able to switch and we saved over $700 on each room vs COurtyard View) This also means we'll have a chance at getting the same view we had this time, which was our favorite yet at WL.
Score!

Grandma and Grnadpa decided not to book the bounce back since going back to back years is hard, but they are excited for us anyway.
I can totally understand. My parents went with my two boys and me last year but are skipping this year.

We got on the bus at 10:23 and arrived at 10:32, which was longer than average but still a quick trip.
So looking forward to the quick bus service (and the boat) to MK this year!

After eight days of WDW, often with multiple parks, it was harder to come up with than you'd think, but she got it right and was allowed in.
Haha

It had been closed earlier in the trip, but the refurbishment finished up and we were able to ride one of Allie's favorites.
Glad that worked out!

These were super nice, since by now the Peter Pan line had gotten quite long.
We had a few of these last year. Worked well.

After that we decided to try Columbia Harbor House for some lunch. Surprisingly, we had never been here before, but we really enjoyed the food and definitely will be back. We ate upstairs and had enough room for the whole group, and a nice view.
Love me some CHH!

Allie loves the island, and I do too since it is bigger and more fun than ours at Disnelyand.
I really need to take my boys here sometime.

We headed straight for the Seas, which we hadn't visited yet this trip.
My boys love the Seas!

After the Seas we still had some time before dinner, so we popped over to the Character Spot for some pictures with the kids.

Great photos!

On the way back we went and got Melissa a new shirt because Marshall had puked on hers.
Party foul! :)

After we got off, it was time for our dinner reservation at Garden Grill.
Yum! We are doing breakfast in June!

Mickey came right away and the food was great.
Marshall looks very excited to see Mickey!

On the way out I snapped a nice pic of the monorail that is now my desktop at work.
Nice shot!

Grandpa Jim bought us a castle print for our house.
How wonderful!

We started packing up the room and heard some really loud thunder. Then it started pouring down rain. At about 11:00 the rain had lightened up and the HalloWishwes fireworks started and we got video of them from our balcony.
What a great finish to the evening!

I really wanted to work this in for our June trip because we missed it last year but with the Pandora stuff and only 1 day at AK (with midday break and dinner at Sanaa) it might have to be left out again.
Yeah, we like the Nemo show, probably a little more than Festival of The Lion King, but it is hard to carve out that chunk of time, especially with only one AK day. We are really looking forward to checking out the Pandora stuff, and will again hit AK twice next trip.

I really need to take my boys here sometime.
I bet your boys would just love the island. It is a super cool spot, with lots of tunnels and paths to explore. It is neater than the one at DL, and a lot of fun for kids of all ages. (I could run around there every trip...)

Yum! We are doing breakfast in June!
That should be neat. We hadn't thought about Breakfast at Garden Grill, but I bet it would be great and a fun way to get to start the day in Epcot. That might be a cool idea for a future trip, since we just don't seem to start early at Epcot.

What a great finish to the evening!
It really was. We enjoyed the fireworks way more than we thought we would from the room, especially when they were an unexpected surprise after being delayed by rain. :)

I've not visited this report for a while and love recalling all the details. I want to add a couple of thoughts. Last time we visited Garden Grill, I was not impressed with the food, but loved the character interaction. I don't like fish, and the food seemed bland. This time however, I loved the food, especially the sausage, and it's now on my favorites list.
Nancy and I will miss the next trip, but we share their excitement as they plan it. It's fun to see them and Brandy and John smile every time they talk about it. We will love hearing from them everyday while they are on the trip.
We are anxiously looking forward to joining them on their following trip, when Nancy will have the scooter everyday. It made things so much better for her. She highly recommends one for anyone with mobility issues.

Last edited:
I've not visited this report for a while and love recalling all the details. I want to add a couple of thoughts. Last time we visited Garden Grill, I was not impressed with the food, but loved the character interaction. I don't like fish, and the food seemed bland. This time however, I loved the food, especially the sausage, and it's now on my favorites list.
Nancy and I will miss the next trip, but we share their excitement as they plan it. It's fun to see them and Brandy and John smile every time they talk about it. We will love hearing from them everyday while they are on the trip.
We are anxiously looking forward to joining them on their following trip, when Nancy will have the scooter everyday. It made things so much better for her. She highly recommends one for anyone with mobility issues.
Hi Dad! Thanks for posting. We have taken a long time writing up this year's trip, but we're down to one day to go and should have the next update this week. We will miss having you guys there in August, but we will keep you updated, and then there will be another trip. I'm glad that you enjoyed the changes to Garden Grill, and we are going to repeat it this year too, so we'll let you know how it is.
The scooter will be a nice addition to the next trip, and then the question will be whether we can key up with Grandma Nancy instead of the other way around.

On our last morning at WL, I started the day by getting up and showering at 6:45. Then Melissa showered while I watched the kids and worked on packing the last suitcase.

It was starting to look like we'd be able to fit most of our things to head home, instead of having to leave everything behind because it wouldn't fit. Allie slept in for a bit, but soon we had to get her up to head downstairs for breakfast.

Yes, luckily we didn't need any extra luggage to get everything home. Someday it may happen.

Our traditional last day breakfast at WL is Whispering Canyon. It is a relatively cheap meal, so we paid out of pocket having used our TS credits elsewhere earlier in the trip. It is nice to take a break from packing up the room to really enjoy this unique feature of WL. I really enjoy the food too.

At breakfast Grandma and Grandpa gave Allie her birthday present, since the next day she would turn 7. They got her a music box and necklace which she was excited about.

Once our food came, the only thing missing was some KETCHUP:

We all enjoyed the meal together, and sat for a while before heading upstairs for the last time of the trip.

After breakfast we packed our last bags, and then called for bell services to grab our carry ons and keep them for the day. We celebrated being fully packed:

Then we left the rooms and hauled our checked bags down to Airline Check-In.

This walk is the worst.

We definitely didn't exactly travel light.

Well it's hard to travel light with the baby. Although we didn't do too bad.

After dropping off the bags, we shopped around in the Mercantile, and Melissa spent just a little too long looking at a Dooney, and convinced herself she neede it for the trip home.

Paul says it's never a good thing when I start considering print placement and this bag was perfect.

And that is when I knew we'd be carrying home a new souvenier.

With a few hours to kill before we had to be back at WL for our bus pickup, we walked down to the boat dock stopping at Roaring Fork on the way for a mug refill.

After a quick ride, our next stop was the Contemporary.

We posed with the Metal Mickey statue.

Then we swung by the Contempo Cafe to top off our mugs. You can see where this is heading.

Then we went upstairs and hopped on the Monorail, bound for the Poly.

We walked around the lobby and gift stores at The Poly for a bit, and of course stopped by Captain Cooks.

Then we continued our monorail tour by stopping at the Grand Floridian. We rode the old elevator down to the first floor of the lobby.

Then we made our way through the grounds and over to Gaspirilla Grill. We weren't very hungry, but it was our last chance to grab some food before heading back to our resort so we used some of our remaing QS meal credits.

I had the cuban which is delicious! I look so angry in this picture, I'm probably just sad I have to go home. I was seriously not looking forward to work after all.

I had the Gaspy burger and enjoyed it more than last trip. It is a noteworthy resort burger, and pairs nicely with gourmet cupcakes!

After we topped off with food, we made our way down to the boat dock to catch a boat for MK. We got on the boat at 1:23 en route to the Poly and then MK. It was one nice last little cruise, although I was worried about watching the clock.

In the interest of time once we got to MK we walked over to the buses so that we would be delivered to the front of the resort. We didn't have a long wait, and the bus came at 1:55, and we left at 1:58 for the nice short trip to WL, arriving at 2:03.

We went by the Mercantile to use up our last snack credits, buying gummy bears and snack mix, which worked out well because we got to enjoy them for a while once we got home. We had everybody together in the lobby by 2:20, and after chatting with Ranger Jack we went outside and got on our MDE bus at 2:31.

It didn't take long to gather our stuff from bell services and wait for that dreaded Magical Express bus home. Normally from here we can say things are smooth sailing to the airport and all the way home but we had one more exciting occurrence before we even left Disney property.

Ah yes, apparently we needed to spend some more time at the Poly. Our bus went to the Poly and waited until 2:53, then pulled out and circled right back in to the bus loading area. At 3:15 they told us they had called for a "rescue bus" and we would be switching buses. Our bus had been involved in an incident with a car in front of the Poly, which had scratched the bus and caused a need to fill out what I am sure was a lot of paperwork. It looked like a bad day for our MDE driver.

I cannot imagine the paperwork that was involved in that incident even though it was so minor. Being on the bus we didn't feel anything or know anything was going on until we circled back and sat for a while.

We got on to the new bus at 3:29, just about an hour after our pickup time at WL. Fortunately we went straight to the airport from there, arriving at 4:03.

We still had some excitement to go though, because we had not received a boarding pass for Marshall. We ran upstairs and after a few minutes got help from a nice guy at the checkin counter. Then we made it through security (after our bag with baby wipes in it got flagged and pulled out for further inspection). We rode the monorail and got to our gate 5 min before we were set to board. Unfortunately as we arrived we heard that there was a lightning delay, which wound up lasting over an hour and a half, so it turned out we didn't need to rush.

Fortunately it was a nonstop flight home, and LAX doesn't close like other local airports, so we were fine to make it home after finally boarding at 7:00 PM in Orlando.

It was quite the adventure but we did make it home and our shuttle driver was able to pick us up with no issues. As we got off our freeway offramp it was midnight and so officially Allie's 7th birthday so we all sang to her.

I have a vivid memory of all of us singing at midnight as we got off the freeway. The shuttle driver had to think we were nuts. Then we were dropped off safely at home and I took John, Brandy, and my parents over to Brandy's shop to pick up their cars. It was definitely the longest day of the trip, but it all worked out great and we were home and ready to start planning for when we get to go back.

You really made good use of those refillable mugs. How do you like the ones that don't have handles? I have one and really like it for my commute to work. It fits the backpack better than the mugs with handles.

It is always sad to go home but the extra drama must have made for an exhausting trip. I think I would have been a bit frantic if it took an extra hour to get out of the resort area on the way to the airport. I'm glad that it all worked out.

You really made good use of those refillable mugs. How do you like the ones that don't have handles? I have one and really like it for my commute to work. It fits the backpack better than the mugs with handles.
We wound up liking the handle-less mugs much more than we thought we would. They fit the cupholders in the stroller nicely, and do take up less room in the backpack. Also I didn't have to be obsessive about lining up the lid with the handle exactly how I wanted it. We haven't used them much at home since the trip, but they are one of the things we are really looking forward to about our next trip to WDW.

It is always sad to go home but the extra drama must have made for an exhausting trip. I think I would have been a bit frantic if it took an extra hour to get out of the resort area on the way to the airport. I'm glad that it all worked out.
Yeah, we always talk about how it is nice not to have to worry about setting our own time schedule to get to the airport. This time though we started to worry, especially since we knew we had to do something about getting a boarding pass for Marshall, and they couldn't do that at the resort. It worked out fine though, but without the lightning delay it would have been really close. We are usually the people who are at the airport a couple hours earlier than we need to be, so that did add a bit of stress, but Disney had it covered.

Just spent a lovely Sunday evening wasting time reading rather than doing what needed to be done :rolleyes1 But, it was time well spent. Really enjoyed reading your report.
Well thank you for the nice compliments, and sorry for whatever you had wanted to get done on Sunday... We definitely know how that goes. Thanks for joining in and we're glad that you enjoyed it.

Well that about wraps up our 2016 trip. That's good though, because by moving up our 2017 trip by a month it feels like it is super close. We are only about 4 months away from returning to WDW!

It will be interesting to see how August differs from September but at least we don't have to deal with homework while on vacation. We are crazy excited to be able to stay at Wilderness Lodge again especially with all the new construction done.

Yes! We really love WL, and while we didn't mind the construction much at all during this trip, it will be great to see it all opened up and done. I am looking forward to being able to see Bay Lake from the building again.

With some luck, perhaps we will have another great view again:

This location was not exactly what we had requested, but is our favorite view yet at WL.

Like we said before Brandy and John are joining us again and we have another family tagging along with us although they aren't sharing any ADR's with us.

It will be fun introducing more Disney fans to WDW, but will be nice to not have the extra large group for all of the meals. They were able to schedule soem at times near our ADRs, so we can be in the same parks for some of the days.

Looking back on this trip, we felt like we really got to fit a lot in, but we didn't get quite as much down time in as we would have liked, so that is our goal for the next trip. We want to spend some more time just hanging out and enjoying the resort. Allie is fine with it, since swimming in the pool at WL was one of her very favorite parts of the trip.

Yes, I think we'll ultimately ride less but I think we both need a good solid vacation with some downtime.

And chasing Marshall around will give us plenty to do...

Yes speaking of Marshall, he is in full toddler mode now and a crazy busy boy. Keeping him contained is going to be challenging.

We did buy a leash harness thing for him, just in case. We'll see how it goes... In our visits to Disneyland Marshall has shown that he really likes to have the chance to get out and play. We will have to schedule stops at toddler friendly play areas.

Since we probably won't have time for a PTR for the next trip, we thought we'd talk about some of our plans here, since it will be a followup / continuation of this trip. We considered upgrading to the Deluxe Dining plan for this one, but after looking at the numbers and becoming worried about over-scheduling we decided to stick with the regular DDP, which was included in our bounce back.

Maybe when the kids are older we'll do a deluxe dining trip. I'd love to one day. Our restaurant lineup this trip is really nice. We are hitting some of our tried and true favorites but are also planning some new.

We chose to repeat Breakfast at Crystal Palace, Lunch at Yak and Yeti and Teppan Edo, and our every trip staple of dinner at Trail's End.

Our new experiences this time will be Tutto Italia for dinner and The Wave for lunch. We are also going to do Hoop De Doo again, since John and Brandy haven't done it and Allie was 2 last time we did it.

I think the kids are going to love Hoop De Doo and I'm looking forward to the strawberry shortcake.

We are also going back to Be Our Guest for Dinner, which we have enjoyed a couple times before.

I think I'll miss having it for lunch though, but there will be no shortage of great QS meals either.

We always eat well at Disney.

We are also excited that we again got non-stop flights, and got them at nice times so that we arrive by 6PM and don't have to leave until about 7PM, so we will have even more time to play on our departure day.

The late departure will be nice, we should be able to soak up every last minute of Disney before we go home.

And with our passes we won't have to worry about how many park days we have, so stopping by MK on arrival night isn't out of the question either. I do think we'll make the most of it.

Our next thing up is securing our FP+ reservations. Again there aren't too many must do's for us but hitting one of the new rides in Animal Kingdom might be nice.

Yes! - I am excited to see Avatar land and hopefully catch Rivers of Light, since we haven't seen it yet but we do enjoy World of Color at CA Adventure.

I think that wraps up this report. Thanks for following along as we shared the fun we had and what we learned. We had a great time, and as always can't wait to be back at Disney World.

Thanks for hangin in there on this Trip Report when life got busy! We'll catch you next time!

Reactions: DLo
I am looking forward to being able to see Bay Lake from the building again.
Not be able to see Bay Lake from the building was one of the biggest disappointments during our January 2016 trip. Even though you still couldn't see the lake from the building on our recent trip, the Geyser Point Bar & Grill gave us the best view ever. DH and I sat at the new bar in those nice, comfy seats, for a long time on arrival day, just enjoying the gorgeous lake view. :)

I think we might have to book another stay at WL so we can experience the new pool and no more construction. ::yes::

We are also going to do Hoop De Doo again, since John and Brandy haven't done it and Allie was 2 last time we did it.
That will be lots of fun. Allie will love it.

I've enjoyed following your trip report. I always do. :) I can't wait for the next one. I know you'll post lots of pictures of the new areas.

It was starting to look like we'd be able to fit most of our things to head home, instead of having to leave everything behind because it wouldn't fit.
Good to hear! :rotfl:

Our traditional last day breakfast at WL is Whispering Canyon.
Yay! So fun! We have this scheduled for dinner in June.

Once our food came, the only thing missing was some KETCHUP:
Love it!

We celebrated being fully packed:
Yay!

Well it's hard to travel light with the baby.
Amen, sister!

Melissa spent just a little too long looking at a Dooney, and convinced herself she neede it for the trip home.
Nice! I can see why she needed it! :)

I'm probably just sad I have to go home. I was seriously not looking forward to work after all.
Boo hiss to going back to work!

We didn't have a long wait, and the bus came at 1:55, and we left at 1:58 for the nice short trip to WL, arriving at 2:03.
Looking forward to the short bus rides to MK!

got to our gate 5 min before we were set to board.
Oh my!

Unfortunately as we arrived we heard that there was a lightning delay, which wound up lasting over an hour and a half, so it turned out we didn't need to rush.
Wowza.

Then we were dropped off safely at home
Yay!

ready to start planning for when we get to go back.
Wahoo!

Well that about wraps up our 2016 trip.
I truly enjoyed following along with you guys!

That's good though, because by moving up our 2017 trip by a month it feels like it is super close. We are only about 4 months away from returning to WDW!
Whoo hoo!

Since we probably won't have time for a PTR for the next trip, we thought we'd talk about some of our plans here
I'm happy to read all about it!

We are also going to do Hoop De Doo again
I really want to do this. Its on the list for the next, next trip!

And with our passes we won't have to worry about how many park days we have, so stopping by MK on arrival night isn't out of the question either. I do think we'll make the most of it.
So convenient. We are skipping next year (2018) but plan on 2019/2020 so I am going to time them so we can get APs.

Our next thing up is securing our FP+ reservations. Again there aren't too many must do's for us but hitting one of the new rides in Animal Kingdom might be nice.
I just did that! Super exciting! It just means the trip is so close, right??

Thanks again for sharing your trip!

Not be able to see Bay Lake from the building was one of the biggest disappointments during our January 2016 trip. Even though you still couldn't see the lake from the building on our recent trip, the Geyser Point Bar & Grill gave us the best view ever. DH and I sat at the new bar in those nice, comfy seats, for a long time on arrival day, just enjoying the gorgeous lake view. :)
We are really looking forward to visiting Geyser Point. We can't wait to enjoy that view.

I think we might have to book another stay at WL so we can experience the new pool and no more construction. ::yes::
We are cautiously optimistic that most of the construction will be done for our August stay, but there could always be something else going on. If we get to have the lobby elevators open and the new pool that will be great, and I think there's a pretty good chance of that.

I've enjoyed following your trip report. I always do. :) I can't wait for the next one. I know you'll post lots of pictures of the new areas.
Aww, thanks. We enjoy writing them, and especially enjoy having a nice record of our trip to look back on later. The kind comments make going back and reading them even more enjoyable. Thanks for joining in.

Yay! So fun! We have this scheduled for dinner in June.
We have done WCC dinner in the past and enjoyed it, it should be fun, especially if your kids get into the antics. I think Marshall will be more into it than Allie was, so I see a dinner there in our future too.

Looking forward to the short bus rides to MK!
They are great, although so is the boat. I love having options at WL.

I truly enjoyed following along with you guys!
Thanks, we're glad that you followed along and joined in.

I really want to do this. Its on the list for the next, next trip!
Yeah, HDDR is one of those Disney must dos at some point. We don't feel the need to repeat it every time, but it is fun and good food.

So convenient. We are skipping next year (2018) but plan on 2019/2020 so I am going to time them so we can get APs.
Yay! APs are neat, and the discounts make it feel like you are saving something. Throwing in extra days is fun too.

I just did that! Super exciting! It just means the trip is so close, right??
Yes, the Fastpass+ window is the start of the last stretch for us. Then it really is close!

Thanks again for sharing your trip!
You're welcome! Thanks for joining in and have a great trip! We'll look for you in the next report, and on the WL thread.

We had dinner at Boma during our March trip and loved it enough to go back again next month. I had some bobotie, and it tasted fine, but I am suspicious of what is in it. I had the regular Zebra domes, and they were okay, but then my sister gave me one of her gluten free domes and I fell in love. Her dessert was refrigerated, which I think is good for the Zebra domes. And the bottom of her of dome was dark chocolate. It was really good. I wonder if I can ask for a gluten free Zebra dome. :)

I ran into a CM during this trip who I had first met in January 2016. He sounded pretty confident that the main elevators and Roaring Forks would be open by July 17th. DH and I are planning to go to Geyser Point and Territory Lounge next month, so I'll check things out again. :) The only thing I really missed when we were there last month was Roaring Forks. We were in room 5088, which is the second to last room on that floor, overlooking the lobby and close to the front door. So it was a long walk to Geyser Point. We ended up buying some snacks beverages in the Mercantile instead of taking the walk over there.

We had dinner at Boma during our March trip and loved it enough to go back again next month. I had some bobotie, and it tasted fine, but I am suspicious of what is in it. I had the regular Zebra domes, and they were okay, but then my sister gave me one of her gluten free domes and I fell in love. Her dessert was refrigerated, which I think is good for the Zebra domes. And the bottom of her of dome was dark chocolate. It was really good. I wonder if I can ask for a gluten free Zebra dome. :)
That's good, I'm glad that you got to try some good stuff. When you buy the Zebra DOmes at Mara they are refrigerated, and I do think I prefer them chilled. The Gluten free ones sound good, and I think it sounds like a pla to ask for them next time.

I ran into a CM during this trip who I had first met in January 2016. He sounded pretty confident that the main elevators and Roaring Forks would be open by July 17th. DH and I are planning to go to Geyser Point and Territory Lounge next month, so I'll check things out again. :) The only thing I really missed when we were there last month was Roaring Forks. We were in room 5088, which is the second to last room on that floor, overlooking the lobby and close to the front door. So it was a long walk to Geyser Point. We ended up buying some snacks beverages in the Mercantile instead of taking the walk over there.
Yeah, I expect it will all be opened up by then, which will be nice. We really would miss Roaring Fork too, since we use it a lot (and not just for mug refills). In the end it will be great to have both Roaring Fork and Geyser Point, so WL has the Quick Service capacity that it should have. I will be very happy that we timed our trips just right to avoid being there with it closed.

How did you like 5088? We had requested open to the lobby for our last trip and didn't get it, and are happier with the MK view that we had with 6046. We do love the lobby view though. I think we'll just leave it to chance next time.

How did you like 5088? We had requested open to the lobby for our last trip and didn't get it, and are happier with the MK view that we had with 6046. We do love the lobby view though. I think we'll just leave it to chance next time.
Room 5088 does not have a good fireworks view. There are a lot of trees in the way. And there was some sort of constant mechanical noise that never turned off. It also never varied. My husband thought that it might have been a ventilation fan. We got used to it and didn't notice it after awhile. My sister was in room 5089 and she said she never heard the noise.

We used the stairs a lot to go to and from the room, which was nice. It was a quiet room since there was no one above us and you couldn't hear the boat horns or Electric Water Pageant from there. But I think I would rather have a good fireworks view instead.

Just read your whole trip report!! Thoroughly enjoyed it! I loved how you both put your input in- felt like I was reading a real story book instead of a report! Loved it. I'll check out your other trip reports- but after reading one with baby Marshall in it, I think it'll be weird to backtrack and not have him in it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!