She's A Disney Adult and Feeling Artsy, a February 2020 Trip Report (Updated 6/15)

Joining in. I was the one from your other TR that commented about being down there with our middle school cheerleaders. It for sure was more busy than the previous two years, but we had a blast. Maybe I will see us in the background of some of your pictures - ha. We were at AK 2/7, MK the afternoon of 2/9, MK morning of 2/10, then mid day at HS, then night at Epcot and then HS on 2/11 before our flight out that night. Wish I would have run into you guys.

Joining in! You guys really hit the ground running your first day!
Yeah, we wanted to make the most of having a bonus 12 hours in Disney. We also didn't know how soon we'd be too tired to do anything else, so we wanted to get off to a good start...

Joining in. I was the one from your other TR that commented about being down there with our middle school cheerleaders. It for sure was more busy than the previous two years, but we had a blast. Maybe I will see us in the background of some of your pictures - ha. We were at AK 2/7, MK the afternoon of 2/9, MK morning of 2/10, then mid day at HS, then night at Epcot and then HS on 2/11 before our flight out that night. Wish I would have run into you guys.
Yes hello! As we saw groups of cheerleader we wondered if we'd run into you. It seemed crowded to us, but we too had a great time. I'm not sure we had much overlap, as we were in Epcot on 2/7, HS and Disney Springs on 2/8, MK on 2/9 (but we left mid-day), AK on 2/10, then MK and AK on 2/11. It's just such a big place and there's always so much going on. We're sorry we missed you, but are glad to hear you had a great trip too.

When we left off, we were shopping on Main Street at MK. We were all hoping the room would be ready early, and we could hear the chairs in the lobby calling our name, so we headed to the boat dock. Soon a big boat arrived and we hopped right on.

On the boat Paul pointed towards the door and asked me if I got a picture of that. Confused, all I noticed was some people with pin lanyards on sitting over there.

What I was talking about is a gust of wind had knocked the side door off it’s tracks.

I was oblivious to the door.

The CM tried to prop it back in place, and the driver got on the radio to report it. Our ride continued on to WL with the ropes up to keep us away from the open door. As we arrived at the dock a few minutes later, there was already a Disney Transportation maintenance boat waiting at the dock with a mechanic to fix the door. I think I have my new dream Disney job.

Paul isn’t content without a project and he loves fixing things. I think he’d be a great boat mechanic.

I was just impressed at how quick he got there. He must have been on a boat waiting ready to go in case a door broke on a big boat...

While he was taking pictures the rest of us were looking for baby alligators. I tried calling them but nothing came.

We did spot a little snake in the bushes on the way to Roaring Fork. Can you spot him here?

Oh yeah, that was crazy. He was between the walkway and the pool.

On our way up to the lobby we stopped at Roaring Fork and got our mugs. They had the Stainless Star Wars ones, but not the Skyliner ones.

I decided not to get the stainless mug. I’m just not that crazy about the purple hue and I’m not the biggest Star Wars fan.

I got a green one with Lightning McQueen (and other Pixar characters) on it. It was really cool, probably my favorite so far. I could have gotten it in September, but I chose the Halloween one instead.

I got the same one I had last trip and Allie got a Mickey one too. We packed an old mug for Marsh so he’d have his very own to fill with water.

That was really smart and saved us $20. He was happy to have a mug just like us. We went up the ramp and secured some chairs in the lobby.

It wasn’t too crowded and we got two chairs and a couch next to each other.

We just kind of existed for a while somewhere in the middle between asleep and awake.

While all the calm people sat, I went and checked out the Mercantile. It is a neat store, and I was glad to see some new DVC member shirts.

The kids were a little rowdy, so I took Marshall on a mission to look at our potential rooms. I knew where the eight possible rooms were, so we went to see which were obviously occupied.

Here is our text conversation while I was not out stalking rooms.

I could see that the ground floor non alternate floor plan one was opened up and clean, but since we hadn’t been notified I was optimistic that they were still cleaning our room on a higher floor. I also got my first Geyser picture of the trip.

We just kept checking in the app for a room number and napping in between.

After a while I took both kids up the lobby stairs to look down on everyone. I love taking those stairs up to seventh floor.

I did not climb the stairs.

As it got closer to 4:00, I knew I had a work call to dial in for. I tried to avoid this, but it got pushed back by my new boss and I figured we would have the room by then and be resting in it. I got on the call, then walked towards the BRV building to get a quiet location.

Just after 4 Brandy got a text saying to head to the front desk for our room assignment. So we went up and waited for the number. When she wrote 1136 on the map I knew Paul was going to be super disappointed so I asked if they had anything on a higher floor.

The cast member called someone else and she said no, there was nothing they could do for any portion of our trip so we were officially stuck on the ground floor.

We went down to the room to check it out without Paul who was still on his work call. I was texting him as I could but I really suck at texting and walking.

When we got to the room none of our magic bands would open the door, as we were trying and not having luck two cast members walked by and one asked if everything was ok.

I told her that we had just come from the front desk and that our magic bands weren't working to open the door. I didn't even think at the time about using my phone to unlock the door but we really needed the magic bands to work anyway.

She tried to call the front desk for us but they weren't answering her call so she walked with us back up to the desk. Turns out she's the housekeeping manager and she was just so sweet.

She hung out while a cast member at the front desk reprogrammed all of our magic bands, which apparently all have to be done at the same time and Paul was still "at work" so his didn't get programmed with ours.

While all of that reprogramming was going on Ashley, the housekeeping manager, left for a moment and came back with a plush Mickey and a plush Minnie for each of the kids. It was really a nice surprise for the kids.

After the bands were done she walked back down to the room with us to make sure everything worked the way it was supposed to and then she gave me her cell number incase there was anything we needed during our stay. She really went above and beyond during a really annoying situation.

Meanwhile I was over at the BRV lobby on my call completely unaware of all that was going on.

When I finally got off the call I saw my texts and headed down to the first floor room. My band wouldn’t open the door, but they let me in.

It turns out the one bedroom portion of that lockoff is handicapped accessible.

Which I knew from the different style patio doors, but I had no idea that it changes the floor plan of the master bedroom and bath. There is no door to close off the master and bath from the common area by the washer and dryer, so to go from the master to the bathroom they have to go through the common area.

The kids were anxious to check out the sofa bed so we figured out how to pull that out in the studio portion. It wasn't rocket science but it is a bit of a pain to find a place for the coffee table. Its on wheels so it moves around easily but there's not a great place for it when the bed is out.

I kept kicking it at first when it was between the beds, but that’s where we wound up leaving it. I was able to train myself not to kick it.

There really wasn't any other place to put it that made sense or wasn't in the way.

Yeah, I knew we had a 7 out of 8 chance of getting an alternate studio lockoff, but we did have that 1 in 8 chance of getting the room we got. I had hoped that our high floor room request would prevent it, but requests can’t always be met.

Honestly we were pretty bummed that our gamble didn't play out the way we wanted.

We made the decision to move on and not try to switch rooms for the second portion of our stay. We also agreed not to book the tub lockoff again.

I didn't mind the ground floor as much as everyone else did and the proximity to everything was a really nice upside.

It was a great location for being centrally located. We could walk right out the stairway door at the end of the hallway and head to the buses without ever riding an elevator.

I liked not having to deal with the elevators so much this trip. It was really quick from the busses to our room or for Paul to go pick up stuff from Roaring Fork and bring it back to the room.

For the boats or Roaring Fork we just walked through the elevator lobby and out to the courtyard by the pool restrooms, making it a nice short walk. If we wanted to we were very close to the elevators and could take them up one floor to the lobby level.

Another cool feature of the room was the power opening hallway door. There was a red button that opened it automatically from the inside, and a card reader on the wall that made it pop open from the outside. Then it would close on its own after about 30 seconds.

The power opening door was super cool and handy with the stroller. When we called for our Garden Grocer order and our carryons bell services showed up with our checked bags. Shortly after that another Bell Services guy showed up with our groceries and our carryons, we had quite a lot going on and Paul didn't notice that they dropped off a bag that didn't belong to us.

I called them back and they sent another valet down to pick up the extra bag.

They were super quick to come back and pick it up once we called.

It felt odd not to tip them that time, but I suppose the rightful owner of the bag would take care if that when they got it.

At this point we had a decision to make regarding our plans for the evening. It was after 5, so we decided that if we took a nap we probably wouldn’t get back up, so instead we decided to head for dinner at Disney Springs.

This extended our arrival day into what felt like 3 days but assured we'd be good and tired and able to sleep in any accommodation by the time we got back to the room.

We got to the bus stop at 5:50, and then I ran back to the room to get a phone battery since mine was dead. I got back in plenty of time for the bus that arrived at 5:57. It was our first chance to ride on a new bus, and I used the USB charging port.

It was super fancy and I really loved all the new wrapped buses. We decided on dinner at WPE because it's been several trips since we've been.

WPE used to be one of our very favorite spots, so it was good to go back. I got my favorite, the meatloaf sandwich.

I got the meatloaf dinner, not on a sandwich and it was just as yummy as I remember.

Jon and Brandy got a pizza, and Allie got pasta that she really enjoyed.

Allie got to sit at a table all by herself for some reason she was super excited about that. She got fettuccine and really enjoyed it.

By this point Marshall was asleep in the stroller, so he was done. We had a nice quiet meal.

After dinner we headed over to Vera Bradley so Jon could get the duffel he had been wanting.

I was excited to go check out their new stuff too.

I brought my watch with me so I stopped by the watch store that they said could resize it. At Luxury of Time they said they could not work on a watch they didn’t sell, so I went to check at the Disney Jewelry store across the way. There they were able to do it as long as I had the receipt, which I did. They were very nice and took the time to get it perfect.

I didn't find anything I couldn't live without at Vera Bradley. The store was pretty busy and crowded which made it hard to navigate with the stroller.

We decided to head back early, and got to the bus stop at 8:12. At that point Marshall had to go potty, so I ran with him to the restroom. We made it back for the bus at 8:20, which loaded ECVs and left at 8:26. We got to WL at 8:44.

We were more then spent by the time we got back to our room and it didn't take us long to settle in and get to bed.

I did go out for one mug refill, but even I was in bed before 10:00. It had been a long day, and really did feel like three days, but we were at Disney and had already started having fun.

I am a new follower and just read your ENTIRE Sept 2018 TR (picked that one to read about the cabins) and now I am here! It feels weird to see your kids "grow" in the that short of time, haha!

I am loving your writing style and feeling like I am right there with you guys! Plan to read your other TR, as well!

We're taking a red-eye from LAX to MCO in November. It's an adult only trip - I'm not sure if I'd be brave enough to attempt it with the kids. Getting the extra day to do stuff in WDW is so tempting though! I'm hoping that we can get our room early to nap. I've done red-eyes to Disney before and the first time we were able to get our room at 6:00am and the second time was more like 3:00.

I agree that not having to take the elevator is a huge benefit to that room location!

I am a new follower and just read your ENTIRE Sept 2018 TR (picked that one to read about the cabins) and now I am here! It feels weird to see your kids "grow" in the that short of time, haha!

I am loving your writing style and feeling like I am right there with you guys! Plan to read your other TR, as well!
That's so neat! We love it when people enjoy reading about our trips. It is crazy how fast the kids grow. We enjoyed getting to stay in the cabin, but really feel the dedicated 2 bedroom is a sweet spot for us. The 2019 room was probably our favorite so far, but that might have changed if we had gotten the alternate layout this time. Oh well, it is all good.

Enjoy the other reports, and we'll keep writing on this one. Thanks for joining in!

We're taking a red-eye from LAX to MCO in November. It's an adult only trip - I'm not sure if I'd be brave enough to attempt it with the kids. Getting the extra day to do stuff in WDW is so tempting though! I'm hoping that we can get our room early to nap. I've done red-eyes to Disney before and the first time we were able to get our room at 6:00am and the second time was more like 3:00.

I agree that not having to take the elevator is a huge benefit to that room location!
Congratulations on your upcoming trip. If you can get any sleep on the plane it should be fine. Even if not, at least you'll be at Disney longer.

The kids really did well with the red eye. We're both actually surprised at how well it went. I guess they were excited to be there too. We got the room about as late as we could have, and it still worked out for us. Having it earlier would have been nice, but the rest in the lobby worked out fine too.

It's funny, that location made getting anywhere super quick, but I actually missed going through the lobby each time on the way to / from the room. Yeah, we could have gone out of our way to do it, but it just wasn't quite as special taking the shortcut and going in the back door. It goes to show there is something great about every different room location though.

As we arrived at the dock a few minutes later, there was already a Disney Transportation maintenance boat waiting at the dock with a mechanic to fix the door. I think I have my new dream Disney job.
That really was fast. We were on a boat in Disney Springs that broke. The engine wouldn't start and we drifted into the shore by SSR. It took 45 minutes to get rescued. They ended up sending a speedy boat with a friendly captain who was from our area back home. He got us back to POR quickly. :)
On our way up to the lobby we stopped at Roaring Fork and got our mugs. They had the Stainless Star Wars ones, but not the Skyliner ones.
I am really surprised that they don't sell both versions of stainless steel mugs. They would probably sell more of them if they had them at all of the resorts.
We packed an old mug for Marsh so he’d have his very own to fill with water.
We usually buy one mug and bring one old mug. We mostly drink water and tea.
While all the calm people sat, I went and checked out the Mercantile. It is a neat store, and I was glad to see some new DVC member shirts.
We love shopping at the Mercantile. It has some nice clothes. I noticed there were new designs now.
The kids were a little rowdy, so I took Marshall on a mission to look at our potential rooms. I knew where the eight possible rooms were, so we went to see which were obviously occupied.
WL is the best place for explorations. :)

Did having a lock off work for you or would you rather go back to the dedicated 2 br?

I told her that we had just come from the front desk and that our magic bands weren't working to open the door. I didn't even think at the time about using my phone to unlock the door but we really needed the magic bands to work anyway.
Our MBs wouldn't open the resort room door when we were at the BC in October. The phone didn't unlock the door either, we tried. It took them 1/2 hour to reprogram our bands. I checked the phone app several times during our trip and it never worked for that room.
She hung out while a cast member at the front desk reprogrammed all of our magic bands, which apparently all have to be done at the same time and Paul was still "at work" so his didn't get programmed with ours.
We were only able to have the MBs that we were wearing programmed. The other bands were with the luggage, so we were stuck wearing the same bands the entire trip.
While all of that reprogramming was going on Ashley, the housekeeping manager, left for a moment and came back with a plush Mickey and a plush Minnie for each of the kids. It was really a nice surprise for the kids.
That was really sweet of her to do that. :)
Yeah, I knew we had a 7 out of 8 chance of getting an alternate studio lockoff, but we did have that 1 in 8 chance of getting the room we got. I had hoped that our high floor room request would prevent it, but requests can’t always be met.

Honestly we were pretty bummed that our gamble didn't play out the way we wanted.

We made the decision to move on and not try to switch rooms for the second portion of our stay. We also agreed not to book the tub lockoff again.

I didn't mind the ground floor as much as everyone else did and the proximity to everything was a really nice upside.

It was a great location for being centrally located. We could walk right out the stairway door at the end of the hallway and head to the buses without ever riding an elevator.
That was too bad that you got first floor and a handicap accessible room. With the strange configuration of the resort, the first floor isn't that easy to get to. The lobby is on the second floor so you either had to take the elevator by the middle of the wing or walk outside to the first floor entrance.
Another cool feature of the room was the power opening hallway door. There was a red button that opened it automatically from the inside, and a card reader on the wall that made it pop open from the outside. Then it would close on its own after about 30 seconds.
We were given a handicap accessible room once when our flight was cancelled and we had to add two days to our trip. The way that the door stayed open when you went through it was a little annoying for us because we had to wait for it to close. But the button system for your door looks like it was a great feature.
We decided on dinner at WPE because it's been several trips since we've been.

WPE used to be one of our very favorite spots, so it was good to go back. I got my favorite, the meatloaf sandwich.
We had lunch there last month. My husband loves the meat loaf sandwich and I like the chicken salad sandwich. :)
At Luxury of Time they said they could not work on a watch they didn’t sell, so I went to check at the Disney Jewelry store across the way. There they were able to do it as long as I had the receipt, which I did. They were very nice and took the time to get it perfect.
That was nice that you didn't have to very far to find the place that would fix your band. It is a beautiful watch. :)
We were more then spent by the time we got back to our room and it didn't take us long to settle in and get to bed.
You guys had a really long day. I bet it didn't take long to fall asleep that night.

Last edited:
We had studio room 1139 at copper creek last year and we loved it! It felt close to everything especially compared to the Polynesian.

Also, so glad your red eye worked out for your family. I got no sleep on ours and decided that flight probably won’t work for us again 😆

You guys are troopers for pushing through to the end of the day- the kids especially! But it definitely sounds like it was the right decision to normalize your sleep for the rest of the trip.

It stinks that you didn't get the room you were hoping for but it sounds like it still had its advantages.

That really was fast. We were on a boat in Disney Springs that broke. The engine wouldn't start and we drifted into the shore by SSR. It took 45 minutes to get rescued. They ended up sending a speedy boat with a friendly captain who was from our area back home. He got us back to POR quickly. :)
Wow, that's an adventure! We always get a strange kick out of being on a ride or something when it breaks, but after 45 minutes it would get old. At least he was quick once he got to you.

I am really surprised that they don't sell both versions of stainless steel mugs. They would probably sell more of them if they had them at all of the resorts.
We usually buy one mug and bring one old mug. We mostly drink water and tea.
I think I had read that the Skyliner mug is only at the Skyliner resorts, but it turns out that Beach Club had it, so I guess it was close enough. I do like having the handle to hang the mugs from the stroller, which the stainless ones didn't have.

We love shopping at the Mercantile. It has some nice clothes. I noticed there were new designs now.
WL is the best place for explorations. :)
I just love that resort. The Mercantile is really good sized compared to many other resorts, especially Riviera. I also love exploring all the different sitting areas and view spots. It is just so beautifully designed.

Did having a lock off work for you or would you rather go back to the dedicated 2 br?
The lock off wasn't a big problem, and we knew we'd have that this time, but we do prefer the dedicated room for the much larger bathroom and closet in the second bedroom, and having two real beds instead of the pull out couch. That's just how we use it, and we don't need the separate access door to the hallway so we'd rather have the extra storage in the room.

Our MBs wouldn't open the resort room door when we were at the BC in October. The phone didn't unlock the door either, we tried. It took them 1/2 hour to reprogram our bands. I checked the phone app several times during our trip and it never worked for that room.
We were only able to have the MBs that we were wearing programmed. The other bands were with the luggage, so we were stuck wearing the same bands the entire trip.
Well, I feel better knowing that the problem with Magic Bands isn't limited to WL. I guess that's just a common downside when the technology doesn't work right. I did get two bands re-programmed, so I had a little bit of a choice.

That was really sweet of her to do that. :)
She was one of those amazing Cast Members, and happened to come along at the right time. She really went out of her way to help fix a problem that she had nothing to do with. We'd hear more from her later in the trip, and made sure to write a letter to her manager.

That was too bad that you got first floor and a handicap accessible room. With the strange configuration of the resort, the first floor isn't that easy to get to. The lobby is on the second floor so you either had to take the elevator by the middle of the wing or walk outside to the first floor entrance.
We were given a handicap accessible room once when our flight was cancelled and we had to add two days to our trip. The way that the door stayed open when you went through it was a little annoying for us because we had to wait for it to close. But the button system for your door looks like it was a great feature.
Yeah, we knew that room was a possibility but hoped to avoid it. The location was better than you'd first think though, because with the different exits from the hallway on the ground floor we could quickly get anywhere we needed to go, we just didn't go through the lobby. If we wanted to go to the lobby we could go around by the bus stop path, or take the elevator up one floor and go down that hallway. It kind of felt more like a BRV room though, since that's the way we usually walked to/from the buses.

We had lunch there last month. My husband loves the meat loaf sandwich and I like the chicken salad sandwich. :)
It is a great restaurant, and an old favorite, but wasn't quite as good of a value not being on the dining plan. Later we had other quick serve meals that we enjoyed more for less $.

That was nice that you didn't have to very far to find the place that would fix your band. It is a beautiful watch. :)
Yeah, I should have thought to throw in a tool to do the band, but they took care of it at Ever After Jewelry, the Disney owned shop over by Luxury of Time.

You guys had a really long day. I bet it didn't take long to fall asleep that night.
No, we were definitely tired, but it got us onto Florida time pretty easily. We are having a harder time getting Marshall back on CA time, as he is still falling asleep early and getting up before 5 AM...

Did the master bathroom of the 1 br have a nice soaker tub?
Yes, it had the big tub, you just couldn't get there directly from the Master. You had to leave the master to go out in the hallway then turn to get into the bathroom.

We had studio room 1139 at copper creek last year and we loved it! It felt close to everything especially compared to the Polynesian.

Also, so glad your red eye worked out for your family. I got no sleep on ours and decided that flight probably won’t work for us again 😆
That's neat that you had the room right across the hall. We prefer a location with a better view, but it had some benefits. I don't think you can find a more centrally located room for getting to the boats and the buses.
I understand not wanting that flight, but we will be cautiously optimistic if we try it again. We really enjoyed the Delta service, and the extra time at Disney was nice.

You guys are troopers for pushing through to the end of the day- the kids especially! But it definitely sounds like it was the right decision to normalize your sleep for the rest of the trip.
Yeah, by that point we were really ready to sleep, but it was a good call to go get some dinner first, and we do love Disney Springs.

It stinks that you didn't get the room you were hoping for but it sounds like it still had its advantages.
Yeah, we had a good chance, but we lost the gamble. We still would say there isn't a bad room at WL, and I'd rather stay there than most anywhere else. We had a discussion with everyone that night about not letting it ruin the trip, and being open to the advantages of the room location.

A long first day but sounds like a good one. Glad you did so well with the red eye! All I can compare it to is a flight we had to Europe. I could not sleep so was not a fan of the overnight flight. Sorry you didn't get the type of room you were hoping for. Good call to decide it wasn't going to put a damper on your trip. We've had a similar experience but usually once you settle in, it starts to feel like home. Hope day #2 was a good day!

I feel better knowing that the problem with Magic Bands isn't limited to WL. I guess that's just a common downside when the technology doesn't work right. I did get two bands re-programmed, so I had a little bit of a choice.
We have had a lot more problems with the MBs at the BC than at the WL. I think it is because we have stayed at the BC so many times. We had IT delete most of our MBs so that we only have a few bands in an effort to reduce the problems. Since then the two times we have had a glitch is once at the BC in Oct when they moved us to a different room at check in and at the WL when we added the CL access and the CL gate wouldn't open.

A long first day but sounds like a good one. Glad you did so well with the red eye! All I can compare it to is a flight we had to Europe. I could not sleep so was not a fan of the overnight flight. Sorry you didn't get the type of room you were hoping for. Good call to decide it wasn't going to put a damper on your trip. We've had a similar experience but usually once you settle in, it starts to feel like home. Hope day #2 was a good day!
Yeah, it was a very good day considering everything, and we are still very impressed at how everyone did on little sleep. The best part is we had lots of wonderful days to come.

We have had a lot more problems with the MBs at the BC than at the WL. I think it is because we have stayed at the BC so many times. We had IT delete most of our MBs so that we only have a few bands in an effort to reduce the problems. Since then the two times we have had a glitch is once at the BC in Oct when they moved us to a different room at check in and at the WL when we added the CL access and the CL gate wouldn't open.
Ahh yeah, so things can go wrong with MBs at any resort, and the symptoms and solutions are pretty similar. I did find that the exterior doors at WL wouldn't open for me after hours until the bands were reprogrammed. That would be partivularly frustrating with te CL gate after paying the extra for that access. At least they do tend to do what they can to make it work.

Hello! I am following along!

We were there almost the same time as you guys. And I actually walked past you guys one day! You were going one way and we were going the other, and it was way too busy to stop and try and say hello!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Hello! I am following along!

We were there almost the same time as you guys. And I actually walked past you guys one day! You were going one way and we were going the other, and it was way too busy to stop and try and say hello!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Aww, that’s neat. See, we actually really were there. (Melissa’s not that good at Photoshop). Did it look like the children were behaving?
Hopefully you had a nice trip. It was more crowded than we expected, but we loved the weather.
We’re glad you’re here for the report, and hopefully we’ll meet you in person sometime.

I'm joining in a little late.

We had thought ahead and packed carefully, bringing extra MDE tags for the carry ons that we didn't need to take with us. We checked two bags at the gate, with the Yellow tags on, and still didn't have to worry about going to bag claim when we got to Orlando.

This is a great trick to reduce checked luggage fees while still being Disney transfer your bags. I did this on our August carry-on-only trip.

Wow, what a long first day. I'm not sure I could head right into the parks like that after a red eye.

Bummer about not getting the room you want but at least you were centrally located.

Look like a very fun and busy first day! We were lucky on our anniversary trip and got the alternate layout studio (6115). They are fabulous rooms! I have CCV booked as part of a split stay with my oldest son this July but was only able to book "walk in shower" with my DVC points. I am glad you ended up liking the ground floor location. It certainly sounds very close to everything. :)

I'm joining in a little late.
Naw, we are just getting started. We haven't even unpacked the good camera on the trip yet, there's lots more to come, and we're glad that you're here for it.

This is a great trick to reduce checked luggage fees while still being Disney transfer your bags. I did this on our August carry-on-only trip.
It was a last minute idea for us, since we had the extra tags with us and really didn't want to have to deal with going to baggage claim. It worked out great.

Wow, what a long first day. I'm not sure I could head right into the parks like that after a red eye.
It was neat, because after a little bit of sleep on the plane and some breakfast we were re-energized, so that was our window of opportunity to hit the park. By afternoon we were tired and the lobby chairs were more appealing.

Bummer about not getting the room you want but at least you were centrally located.
Yeah, we knew there was a chance we'd get that room, but didn't have any idea how much being handicapped accessible affected the floorplan. That was our biggest negative about the room, and why we'd avoid it in the future.

Look like a very fun and busy first day! We were lucky on our anniversary trip and got the alternate layout studio (6115). They are fabulous rooms! I have CCV booked as part of a split stay with my oldest son this July but was only able to book "walk in shower" with my DVC points. I am glad you ended up liking the ground floor location. It certainly sounds very close to everything. :)
I'm glad that you got to experience an alternate studio. You really can't beat the location and view, and that was why we tried for it. Sounds like it should be a nice trip coming up. The walk in shower will guarantee you a non-ground floor room, which should help with views. We are going to book the walk in shower next time, but they are all good.

We did like that location for being centrally located. It had the shortest average walking distance to everything. We were mixed about being on the ground floor. Melissa actually liked it, since you could see people walking by and didn't have to worry about the kids outside. I missed having a prettier view, and felt it took some getting used to with people being right outside. With the great weather though we didn't spend much time at the room during the day, so it wasn't much of an issue either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts