Shipping AP Magic Bands to Resort

mab2012

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any very recent experience with having AP magic band orders shipped to an on-site resort? By "very recent" I mean within the last few months, since the resorts starting charging the $5 pick-up fee for packages (which I think was somewhere around March 2017).

The AP MB order form doesn't appear to have a simple "pick up at Disney resort" option, only a standard shipping address. I'm not sure if this would be treated any differently than any other package shipped to a resort, and I'd be really annoyed (on principle) if I was charged 5 bucks just to pick up some magic bands that get shipped for free to any American AP holder.

Does anyone have any very recent experience with having AP magic band orders shipped to an on-site resort? By "very recent" I mean within the last few months, since the resorts starting charging the $5 pick-up fee for packages (which I think was somewhere around March 2017).

The AP MB order form doesn't appear to have a simple "pick up at Disney resort" option, only a standard shipping address. I'm not sure if this would be treated any differently than any other package shipped to a resort, and I'd be really annoyed (on principle) if I was charged 5 bucks just to pick up some magic bands that get shipped for free to any American AP holder.
Yup, recent -- mid January when they were already charging the package fee. I upgraded to an AP on the 19th and filled out the section to get my band delivered to the resort (was hoping it would be the 2.0 version, but alas wasn't to be!) and was surprised to get the email on the 21st that it was waiting for me at the front desk! It showed up exactly in the same fashion as any other bands. In a box like i image those who live in the states get it delivered. They simply treated it like any other Magic Band delivery, you'll be fine!

I don't remember what the order form looked like anymore but i either just looked up the address online for the resort or when i got far enough in it gave me the option to chose my resort?? If you can show me a screen shot that might refresh my feeble mind :crazy:

Yup, recent -- mid January when they were already charging the package fee. I upgraded to an AP on the 19th and filled out the section to get my band delivered to the resort (was hoping it would be the 2.0 version, but alas wasn't to be!) and was surprised to get the email on the 21st that it was waiting for me at the front desk! It showed up exactly in the same fashion as any other bands. In a box like i image those who live in the states get it delivered. They simply treated it like any other Magic Band delivery, you'll be fine!

I don't remember what the order form looked like anymore but i either just looked up the address online for the resort or when i got far enough in it gave me the option to chose my resort?? If you can show me a screen shot that might refresh my feeble mind :crazy:

I remember that you posted about your AP bands at the time, but wasn't sure if the resort shipping fees were in effect at that point. For awhile the reports of the charges were inconsistent (like all things Disney, it seems!). If they came to the front desk and were recognized as a Magic Band order though, that's a good sign.

You probably had to look up the shipping address for the resort. I haven't tried clicking beyond the shipping page, but I get a standard address form. No option to just choose a resort.

It's not like we really need more bands, but we only have one set of the new style, and I do prefer them, so wouldn't mind having a couple of colours.

Thanks for the input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter