>> Shipping To & From Disney Resorts FAQ <<

From tomorrow (12 Feb) a $5 flat rate fee per item mail/package will be applied at other resorts too. I know for certain that Port Orleans will be doing it, but as it's now listed on the WDW website page I suspect it will be general: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

Garden Grocer, Owner's Locker, Disney Florist, and basically anyone who drops stuff off in person at Bell Services (including travel agent gifts and other items that guests are not expecting) are exempt. For more detail see http://www.portorleans.org/news.php?first=100217

Andre

For DVC Members staying at a DVC resort, it looks like a fee will only apply at certain resorts. Here is a quote from the Amenities page for AK - Kidani Village DVC:

Mail Services
At the Front Desk, you can mail postcards, letters and packages that you have already stamped, labeled and packed.

Stamps are available for purchase at Johari Treasures.

If you are expecting faxes, postal mail or packages during your stay, please advise those sending these items to clearly mark the communication with your name and room number (if possible). Each Resort can accept packages for Guests staying or arriving at that Resort only.

Charges will apply for packages mailed to:

• Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
  • The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

So from what I've read, the $5 charge is now standard and no longer just a test. (EDIT: At value resorts) Can anyone confirm this? Also, how are you charged? Do I need to pay at time of pick up or is it charged to my room? Thanks!

This is true -- I'm at CBR right now and each of the three packages I've received have charged $5 to my card on file. Just a heads up!

This is true -- I'm at CBR right now and each of the three packages I've received have charged $5 to my card on file. Just a heads up!
Was that three packages all from one order (same delivery?) or three different deliveries? What type of order and was it to the front desk or bell service?

Was that three packages all from one order (same delivery?) or three different deliveries? What type of order and was it to the front desk or bell service?

It was three separate deliveries (things I don't order within enough time for them to arrive at my home before I took off for Disney -- procrastination). So it was per package. I believe if your orders are lumped into one box it'll only count as one.

I am thinking about my Prime Now deliveries. One order but last time it came in 3-4 paper grocery bags.

I had no problem receiving something via the US postal service to Fort Wilderness - it was waiting for me at the checkin however I did not ask when it arrived so cannot answer how long it had been there.

I am thinking about my Prime Now deliveries. One order but last time it came in 3-4 paper grocery bags.

If you order so that delivery will be a time when you are at the resort, you can meet the driver thereby avoid the $5 Disney fee. I've done it several times with success. Once the driver leaves Amazon warehouse, you can open the app and request the drive call you. Tell them where to meet you and they will gladly do it. Avoids them having to park and walk inside.

If you order so that delivery will be a time when you are at the resort, you can meet the driver thereby avoid the $5 Disney fee. I've done it several times with success. Once the driver leaves Amazon warehouse, you can open the app and request the drive call you. Tell them where to meet you and they will gladly do it. Avoids them having to park and walk inside.

Thank you. That is great information. I actually would be OK with a $5 delivery charge per order but if it comes in four bags and it is $5 each, well, that kind of racks up.

If they are charging $5 per package I'm not sure if I'm interested in putting in an Amazon prime. I was mostly considering for bottled water (I need the 16oz I heard they sell 12oz) but was going to add breakfast snacks to reach the minimum. Would it be crazy to fill a carry on sized suitcase with bottles of water and check it? I fly southwest so I should get 2 bags free but only ever use one. Anyone done this?

Just posting for those wondering about international shipping from Disney.
We live in Australia and were there at Christmas 2016 and had items sent back home from the resort giftshop at pop. After the front desk told us they couldn't ship internationally at Disney?? We were told to go to ups which we did and got quoted $500 for 2 boxes at the time. We said no thanks and tried the giftshop who sent everything we had taken to ups and lots more provided we had receipts or they were still in original packaging or with tags/prices attached.
We had 2 seperate shipments and the total was $220 the irony was that they use ups to Australia. But unlike ups it goes by value spent not size of packages luckily as the packages were huge compared to what we had taken to ups we practically sent all our bigger disney purchases this way in total 3 very large boxes arrived home packaged well with nothing broken even though we knew it would be replaced if this was the case. At Disney the more you send the cheaper it becomes internationally which was great for us. You can also chose the date for them to send it from their warehouse so it arrives when you are back home.
Just be aware that it was a very long process filling in paperwork at the giftshop to do this you fill in your details on the slip/s and they need to enter each item individually with price, what materials each item is made from (this can be multiple materials) can take them a while figure it out, then what country it was made in. So choose wisely when you get this done. Hope this helps any international travellers.
All in all we were very happy with this process and felt the cost very reasonable and goods arrived home very quickly.
The ups driver back home told us that disney sends alot of international packages that is why they are much cheaper than the company itself.

If they are charging $5 per package I'm not sure if I'm interested in putting in an Amazon prime. I was mostly considering for bottled water (I need the 16oz I heard they sell 12oz) but was going to add breakfast snacks to reach the minimum. Would it be crazy to fill a carry on sized suitcase with bottles of water and check it? I fly southwest so I should get 2 bags free but only ever use one. Anyone done this?

I have never just packed bottled water but I do pack a 50 pound suitcase containing nothing but food. Southwest rocks !!:rockband:

PS I don't see why you would need to put it in a suitcase. Just put it in a cardboard box and slap you MDE luggage sticker on it.

I have never just packed bottled water but I do pack a 50 pound suitcase containing nothing but food. Southwest rocks !!:rockband:

PS I don't see why you would need to put it in a suitcase. Just put it in a cardboard box and slap you MDE luggage sticker on it.
True didn't think of that.

I am a DVC member and had a package shipped from Amazon Prime Pantry to SSR for my stay the last week in March. I was charged the $5 handling fee.

Since we're Canadian, I always take advantage of shipping to our US hotels when we travel there. There are so many places that won't ship to Canada or will charge inflated shipping prices. I claim what we by at customs when we come back home, but we never buy more than the per person exemption.

Question - we have always done most of our shopping at two or three places (Mousegears, World of Disney etc.) and shipped everything we purchased straight from there. Previous trips we had our stuff shipped to my husbands work since someone would always be there to get it. We have since moved/changed jobs so that is not an option. Does anyone know if you can delay them shipping? If we bought it on a Monday can we ask them to delay sending until the following Monday so we can beat it home? Previous years the boxes have been beating us back on the stuff we purchased early in the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!