Shoes

We live in a tropical area that gets a fair amount of rain even in our "dry season". We just spray our normal sneakers with a couple of coats of silicone spray to waterproof them and find it does a pretty good job as long as you avoid large puddles. We also have rain boots that are water proof and do wear sandals a fair amount (like Keen sandals). Our TDL trip is next week so we will be missing the rainy season but with all the tropical storms/typhoons that seem to be hitting us as well as Japan this season we plan on bringing two to three pairs of shoes per person so we can rotate through shoes if needed. In my mind there isn't much worse than being stuck with wet shoes that wont dry out well and I find I like to rotate between at least 2 pairs of shoes when I am doing a lot of walking anyway.
Thanks for this! I have two different pairs of sandals in my Amazon cart and plan on bringing at least one or two pairs of tennis shoes. I'm not a flip flop person and I wouldn't want to take some anyway since we will be doing a bunch of walking and some hiking. I'll have to ask Dh what he thinks about the silicone spray. That's a good idea.

See, to me that is most important. You know what you aren't! My 2 cents is stick with who you are. I am a flip flop person, but hoping to "shoe up" for Japan! :)
I’m pretty set on getting sandals now. I have awhile until I need them but I added two different kinds to my amazon cart. It helps that most of the time we are in Japan we have access to a free washer/dryer so we can dry socks and clothes if we need to!

I am a flip flop person, but hoping to "shoe up" for Japan! :)

It's considered very inappropriate to wear flip flops in public in Japan. (Getas excluded :P) You would normally only wear them in the bathroom and it's considered dirty to wear them elsewhere. Most Japanese people wear covered shoes at all times, at least in the major cities. As a foreigner, you'll get a pass, though.

It's considered very inappropriate to wear flip flops in public in Japan. (Getas excluded :P) You would normally only wear them in the bathroom and it's considered dirty to wear them elsewhere. Most Japanese people wear covered shoes at all times, at least in the major cities. As a foreigner, you'll get a pass, though.
Not the OP you are quoting, but I’m not bringing flip flops with me. I did already buy one pair of sandals. My toes won’t be covered but I have another pair I plan to order where my toes will be covered.

Not the OP you are quoting, but I’m not bringing flip flops with me. I did already buy one pair of sandals. My toes won’t be covered but I have another pair I plan to order where my toes will be covered.
Lots of people wear "toe-peeking" shoes & sturdy sandals. You don't have to worry about covering your toes. It's just that nobody wears flip-flops.

Agreed. I have not been to Japan, but only China, Taiwan, Hong Kong...and as much as I love flip flops because I live on a barrier island, I wouldn't consider wearing them in any city in Asia (or North America!). ;-) I just have to condition my feet... :sad:

Thank you for your guidance. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter