Shopkicks tips

Shopkick updated their Terms of Service today. I haven't dissected it yet but the most notable to me is the Rewards section where they mention check and e-transfer (paypal, venmo) options now. That'd be neat if we can go straight to paypal instead of messing with the gift cards. Hopefully it's not a crazy redemption value for that.
I didn't really notice any substantive changes yet, mostly looks like they were updating what they named programs and small stuff like that.

Shopkick updated their Terms of Service today. I haven't dissected it yet but the most notable to me is the Rewards section where they mention check and e-transfer (paypal, venmo) options now. That'd be neat if we can go straight to paypal instead of messing with the gift cards. Hopefully it's not a crazy redemption value for that.
I didn't really notice any substantive changes yet, mostly looks like they were updating what they named programs and small stuff like that.
I saw the email, but didn’t read it in-depth. That’s really good if they add PP and Venmo. I wonder if the number of kicks increases to get paid out?

I saw the email, but didn’t read it in-depth. That’s really good if they add PP and Venmo. I wonder if the number of kicks increases to get paid out?

Yeah, I've got my fingers crossed they don't. For Bing and Swagbucks PP is the same value as the rest of the gift card options so I'm hoping Shopkick would be the same. We'll see.

Yeah, I've got my fingers crossed they don't. For Bing and Swagbucks PP is the same value as the rest of the gift card options so I'm hoping Shopkick would be the same. We'll see.

Bing offers Paypal? I don't see that as an option.

Bing offers Paypal? I don't see that as an option.

Yeah, the options vary for each person. Still don't know the rhyme or reason. I have PayPal and a few other gift cards but my husband's got different gift cards. But I also have a higher redemption value than other folks. Some posters on the boards here can redeem at 5250 (?) but all my $5 cards, including PayPal, is 6500. So it takes me longer to cash out. I created my account last year so that might have something to do with it too. I figure if it's the same amount to cashout for a gift card as PayPal I'll just take the cash.

I figure if it's the same amount to cashout for a gift card as PayPal I'll just take the cash.
I agree. I use MyPoints and I cash out for the PayPal (it’s the same as a Target GC, so rather have the cash and put it towards my bill of buying Disney GCs - lol).

Yeah, the options vary for each person. Still don't know the rhyme or reason. I have PayPal and a few other gift cards but my husband's got different gift cards. But I also have a higher redemption value than other folks. Some posters on the boards here can redeem at 5250 (?) but all my $5 cards, including PayPal, is 6500. So it takes me longer to cash out. I created my account last year so that might have something to do with it too. I figure if it's the same amount to cashout for a gift card as PayPal I'll just take the cash.

I just signed up last month and I also need 6500 points to cash out. Lucky it only takes a few minutes per day. It is a slooowww earner!

Last edited:

Thanks. I definitely don't have paypal but my cashout on the other cards I do have is 5250

Thanks. I definitely don't have paypal but my cashout on the other cards I do have is 5250

Yeah, given a choice I think I might actually prefer the lower redemption and take a gift card. It takes me 6-8 weeks to make 6500. Although with the new streak bonus thing we'll see if that makes it any easier. (I missed Sunday though so I have to start over now :headache:)

Really? My cash out for GCs is 6500!

Yes. Silver level if that means anything. I joined Bing Rewards a long time ago. Did it consistently for a while, then fell away from it for some time. Getting back into it now to earn something that I can convert to Disney GC for upcoming trip.

Yes. Silver level if that means anything. I joined Bing Rewards a long time ago. Did it consistently for a while, then fell away from it for some time. Getting back into it now to earn something that I can convert to Disney GC for upcoming trip.
Oh, is this for Bing? I was thinking Shopkick.

Yeah, given a choice I think I might actually prefer the lower redemption and take a gift card. It takes me 6-8 weeks to make 6500. Although with the new streak bonus thing we'll see if that makes it any easier. (I missed Sunday though so I have to start over now :headache:)
Is the streak thing for Bing or Shopkick?

I just signed up for shopkicks today. I've been hesitant because we live in a small town that pretty much as a Walmart, Kroger and Dollar General/Family Dollar. So I can't really do many shopkicks unless, like today, we take about a 45 minute (one way) to the nearest big city. But we did, and I signed up. I am now up to just under kicks after 1 day. I have to be honest, my wife enjoyed it more than I did. She did more scanning than I did. But got a couple of concerns/questions...

At 2 of the locations, I went in with the app open and the store up, but I didn't get the kicks for going in. I walked around both stores for a bit but finally left with no kicks. What did I do wrong, if anything? Also, it says I need like 600 more kicks to be able to redeem. Is that right? I'm seeing people usually need a lot more, but it says I can redeem for stuff beginning at 1,250.

Just wanted to make sure I'm doing things the right way.

I just signed up for shopkicks today. I've been hesitant because we live in a small town that pretty much as a Walmart, Kroger and Dollar General/Family Dollar. So I can't really do many shopkicks unless, like today, we take about a 45 minute (one way) to the nearest big city. But we did, and I signed up. I am now up to just under kicks after 1 day. I have to be honest, my wife enjoyed it more than I did. She did more scanning than I did. But got a couple of concerns/questions...

At 2 of the locations, I went in with the app open and the store up, but I didn't get the kicks for going in. I walked around both stores for a bit but finally left with no kicks. What did I do wrong, if anything? Also, it says I need like 600 more kicks to be able to redeem. Is that right? I'm seeing people usually need a lot more, but it says I can redeem for stuff beginning at 1,250.

Just wanted to make sure I'm doing things the right way.

Walk ins you generally have to be in the front of the store. Some are GPS based and will complete before you even get inside, others use a beacon that's setup in or near the doorway. If it's using a beacon you may need to make sure you have other permissions turned on, like microphone, for it to get picked up. Some locations I have to hang out in the front of the store for a few minutes before it registers (that always seems awkward). If you still don't get your walk ins, if you click on the walk ins icon there's a "having trouble with a walk in?" link where you can report it. Mostly I've been awarded within a few minutes of reporting it, but I've only had a lot of trouble in a mall where there's a bunch of beacons next to each other so I think they know it's an issue.

As for the amount to redeem, that will depend on what reward you have selected. 1,250 is a $5 reward generally. Some stores you can redeem as soon as $2 which is 500 kicks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter