Shopping at Cast Connections

josiekiera97

Earning My Ears
(Sorry if this is isn't the right thread, I'm new to this and it seemed like the only fit)

Hiya, so I'm a Cast Member at one of the Disney Stores in the UK and I was hoping any fellow CM's or people in the know could help a gal out. I've heard for years about these hidden Cast Member stores on Disney property and now I'm finally a CM I was hoping to be able to get in to one. I've checked Cast Member Central and The Hub and I'm struggling to find any info on if a non-WDW Cast Member/ Cast Member from outside the USA can get into the Cast Connections store. I know Company D is also a thing but I figured with that been backstage its a no go, but still got my fingers crossed for Cast Connections! Any knowlege would be super helpful- Have a Magical Day!

(Sorry if this is isn't the right thread, I'm new to this and it seemed like the only fit)

Hiya, so I'm a Cast Member at one of the Disney Stores in the UK and I was hoping any fellow CM's or people in the know could help a gal out. I've heard for years about these hidden Cast Member stores on Disney property and now I'm finally a CM I was hoping to be able to get in to one. I've checked Cast Member Central and The Hub and I'm struggling to find any info on if a non-WDW Cast Member/ Cast Member from outside the USA can get into the Cast Connections store. I know Company D is also a thing but I figured with that been backstage its a no go, but still got my fingers crossed for Cast Connections! Any knowlege would be super helpful- Have a Magical Day!
....that place is AWESOME....although, truthfully, it can be a hit-or-miss kinda thing....CMs absolutely can bring in a guest. However, only CMs may make any purchases....they usually have security by the door, so not every Tom, Dick, or Harry can just walk in. I cannot really divulge any info here, so please PM me...

That would be so amazing! Is there any chance you can message me? According to another thread, I don't have enough points on my profile to message people yet. Thanks!

....I tried sending you a PM, but you are not eligible yet.....sorry!

I am not a CM, so I'll share.

When you enter Cast Connection, there is a CM positioned near the door for you to show your Disney ID / Spouse Maingate. The question, I can't answer are if UK Disney Store ID's "good enough." Technically, guests can shop/pay as well, but the CM accompanying them has to have their Disney ID / Spouse Maingate scanned to complete the purchase, and guests are not eligible for the additional discount CMs receive.

Some Company D locations are accessible. But you are right, Epcot and DHS' Company Ds are only accessible to that park's CMs. The easiest one to visit is at Disney University, behind the Magic Kingdom. To get there, drive past the Contemporary, turn right at the stop sign onto Center Drive. Turn right at the stop light onto Facilities Way. There will be a left turn into the parking lot for Disney University. This is all on Google Maps, so you can search. When you enter the building, the cafeteria is on the left, the bank is on the right. Walk through the lobby to the 2nd hallway (there are only 2) on the right, and the shop is right there. You will need to show your Disney ID / Spouse Maingate to purchase. I don't know the rules for UK DS employees, but I have seen CMs from other parks/WDI shopping in there, so I know it's not just "WDW only."

I would check with your store management, if there is at least a number you can call or an email to send to find out if your ID works.

I have been there several times.....it is hit or miss, but I have gotten some really good things.
I just gave my friend a gift card to pay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!