Should DVC eliminate walking?

I know I'm late to the discussion but another vote for NO DVC shouldn't eliminate walking.

I haven't read all 21 pages of this thread but I don't think this is something DVC should change. As others have said I have always been pretty lucky and gotten the room I wanted at the 11 month booking window without walking. I did walk when I wanted a grand villa for a large family trip, I'm glad that option was open to me so I could get the accommodations I desired. Without that option I may not have been so lucky. Also the waitlist has always worked for me. Admittedly I have only used the waitlist a few times but it has always come through for me.

We have owned DVC since 2000 so I think I have a pretty good idea of how hard or easy it can be to book the room you want. Yes there are a lot more members now but there are also more rooms. We all should have known the rules when we bought in so I don't think anyone should try to change them now because you can't always get the room you want. JMHO

I know I'm late to the discussion but another vote for NO DVC shouldn't eliminate walking.

agreed. We always get 1br at our home resort so (knock on wood) availability hasn’t been an issue. I do think walking is somewhat gaming the system but any fix Disney imposes will be A) Draconian and B) be far more restrictive for all of us.

We all should have known the rules when we bought in so I don't think anyone should try to change them now because you can't always get the room you want.

I mean except the rule is you book at 11 months. There just happens to be a system in which it is now easier to exploit it.

I would suspect 99% of owners dont have any clue walking is a thing.

You can say walking is fine though and that you like it, I understand why people do like it. Just know it's skirting the intent of the rules. I understand it but will do it until Disney stop it.

That's why I spent many months on these boards and others to gather as much information as I could before I/we finally made the decision to purchase DVC. There have been many discussions over the years on this subject so those contemplating a purchase would most likely have been aware of this option before making their purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter