Should i buy the unofficial guide??

I love it and always buy the most recent version - but I buy it much earlier than you are thinking of. IE, I bought it a month ago for a trip we are planning in December.... it would not feel very useful to me a month from the trip, but you may be using it for different purposes. I think it's very helpful in the advance planning stage in which I am now.

I borrowed it from my local library! Three week lending time, so I got it a couple of weeks before my trip last time.

I think the unofficial guide is worth the money! I am just glad I got it 9 months before my trip bc it is very long.

Library is the win win, unless you lose it and then they will charge you quadruple lol. But I had one of these, as my son was much smaller. The greatest benefits was the thrill/scare factor. Things I remembered for decades of going, now looking at from the perspective of a toddler became very eye opening. But with most things, you know a chunk of what bothers your kids or what may startle them. It just gives added perspective and lets you make a more educated decision on what to do, and what to plan for the next go around :)

Best guide ever! But I have to buy it, not get it from the library, because I make marks and highlights all over my copy!

I love it and it has lots of coupons in the back that can save money during the trip. We have bought it each year that we went to DISNEY

Is it useful if your trip is in two weeks?

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I primarily used it to identify how to get the best deals, so two weeks in advance is pretty useless to me. It has good tips all the way through about how to improve your experience. If you really want to maximize ride time and minimize waiting it gives tour plans that are helpful - but that is to regimented for us.

What kinds of things does this guide offer that you can't find online somewhere?

Well, I'm not sure... probably nothing, but since I have the book I'm not searching for these things online so I can't really say!

I bought my first version before there was such a rich online presence.... the internet was in its infancy compared to now. I was on some online forum which the book directed me to in order to find out about when specials were available, so when we started planning for this current trip, the book was the first thing I bought and it recommended many websites (including this one, I believe). It also gave me step by step instructions on how to get reservations for our preferred date for breakfast at Cinderella's castle, which was a hard ticket to get back in the day, and that worked like a charm. So ever since then, it's just always been my "go to" for beginning the planning process.

It's easier for me to have it in a book format than go searching around various websites looking for info and then trying to remember which site said what... maybe it's just personal style preference for trip research.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!