Should i buy the unofficial guide??

Well, I'm not sure... probably nothing, but since I have the book I'm not searching for these things online so I can't really say!

I bought my first version before there was such a rich online presence.... the internet was in its infancy compared to now. I was on some online forum which the book directed me to in order to find out about when specials were available, so when we started planning for this current trip, the book was the first thing I bought and it recommended many websites (including this one, I believe). It also gave me step by step instructions on how to get reservations for our preferred date for breakfast at Cinderella's castle, which was a hard ticket to get back in the day, and that worked like a charm. So ever since then, it's just always been my "go to" for beginning the planning process.

It's easier for me to have it in a book format than go searching around various websites looking for info and then trying to remember which site said what... maybe it's just personal style preference for trip research.

Thanks for your feedback! I love the planning part of our trips, so I think I'll invest in this book - even if only to read up and get some tips on getting dining reservations.

I bought the Kindel version this time. It is apparently updated on a monthly basis. I haven't noticed any up dates yet.

This will be the 4th time I bought the guide. Can't imagine going to wdw with it.

There are coupons for Sammy Duvall's water sports in WDW; some restaurants, stores, & Characters in Flight at Disney Springs,Garden Grocer,some restaurants in Epcot, discounts for WDW tours, fishing excursions in WDW, Magic Strollers, and Joffrey's coffee.

I bought the Unofficial Guide to WDW with Kids this time. No coupons that I can find at all, and I really wish I had the one for the discount on fishing excursions.

I love it and it has lots of coupons in the back that can save money during the trip. We have bought it each year that we went to DISNEY

I wasn't going to buy it for us (4 adults going) as I have done soooo much online research I can't imagine learning anything new . HOWEVER I never thought of the coupons. Can you share what kind of coupons you found in the book ?

I wasn't going to buy it for us (4 adults going) as I have done soooo much online research I can't imagine learning anything new . HOWEVER I never thought of the coupons. Can you share what kind of coupons you found in the book ?
Please see reply three posts up

If you buy it also take advantage of the 1 year subscription to www.touringplans.com at the discounted rate. There are a lot of great tools and tons of helpful information on that site as well. In addition the ability to configure your own Touring Plans for the parks and to take advantage of the existing ones is invaluable.

They also have their own wait time app called Lines that is far more accurate than the wait times provided in the Disney app. There is even some talk that the Disney wait times may be artificially manipulated to drive traffic to/from certain attractions!

Library is the win win, unless you lose it and then they will charge you quadruple lol. But I had one of these, as my son was much smaller. The greatest benefits was the thrill/scare factor. Things I remembered for decades of going, now looking at from the perspective of a toddler became very eye opening. But with most things, you know a chunk of what bothers your kids or what may startle them. It just gives added perspective and lets you make a more educated decision on what to do, and what to plan for the next go around :)
The thrill/scare factor would be good. I am afraid my 4 year old will be scared of a lot of the rides, but I also know he's going to pitch a fit if we tell him it will be to scary or he can't ride. He'll insist he won't be scared, and if we then take him on it he'll scream and want off/out.

Stupid question, but there is a 2016 guide and a 2017. Should I buy it for the 'year' that I'm going in. Or is 2017 just an updated version that will be helpful for a vacation in 2016 (November)?

A lot is going to be the same between the two years but there have been some pretty significant changes and closures to happen that will be updates in the 2017 version. I would peri ally get the 2016 from the library now to start scoping it out and buy the 2017 when its released.

We are going next March, when do you think they will update the current version?

I bought the Kindel version this time. It is apparently updated on a monthly basis. I haven't noticed any up dates yet.

This will be the 4th time I bought the guide. Can't imagine going to wdw with it.
Does anyone know how often it updates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!