• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I buy tickets now for trip in June?

Veater

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip in June 2002 and will be buying the 7 day hopper plus tickets. Do you think the price will go up like usual around the first of the year? Should we buy now to avoid this or is there any possibility of discounting tickets to get more people to come? We do not live in Florida so none of those resident specials apply to us. We live in the currently very COLD Alaska and am trying to get warm by planning my trip next year.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have?

I wuld buy the tickets now. Disney traditionally raises prices after the holidays. While there is a chance that Disney will NOT raise prices this year, they will certainly not lower them. So... you will either save money or pay the same amount. Either way you come out fine.
As for promotions, I don't think we will see anything significant. I base this theory on the fact that Disney pulled their latest promotion early. (the $50 gift card promotion)

Personally, I would buy them now. The price certainly will not go down. And if by chance the price goes up, you will have saved money. If the price doesn't increase in January as they normally do, I am sure they will before June.

Thanks for your replies. That is what I was thinking also. I have been watching for discounts on passes but hadn't seen anything for us here in Alaska. So I will probably order them sometime this week.

We are going in May 2002 & I just ordered (& rec'd w/in a week) our tix - 5-day Hopper Plus. Ordered from FloridaOrlandoTickets.net + ordered tix to their Disney Quest/Planet Hollywood package. That package includes tix to DQ + front of line pass for PH for lunch + 2 $10 coupons. Total w/S&H came to $559.00. They also sent a 30 min. phone card. YIPPEE!!! Good luck - think warm thoughts. We've just had our 1st cold days in several weeks here in NJ, I think I want the 60 degree days back!!!

We are also going next June and I debated the same thing. I am not buying now because I am very conservative and "just in case" something comes up and we can't go, I don't want to be left holding the tickets for who knows how long. It is my understanding that they are non-refundable. Also, I don't really want that much money out of my hands and not earning interest (what little there is to earn these days) for 6 months. I will probably buy about 1 month ahead, or maybe even when we get there (we are not doing parks on our arrival day.

for Mar/Apr 2001 I purchased our 3 Ap's in early Dec. In late Dec they increased by $50.!!!! I had saved us $150.!!

You won't earn that much interest by June.
I would invest in the tickets if you have a trip planned[and you should be making resie's NOW for June,or you will not get the best choses,availibility fills up fast,[especially for June]!!
The Park Hoppers don't have any expiration dates,so the sooner you purchase them the more money you have saved!! And remember thats per person per ticket!!

I guess I'm the odd man out, but I don't think Disney would dare raise prices again until tourism picks up. They're hurting way too bad for the bad publicity. It makes CNN and all the national news each time they raise prices.

I would wait because I'd be afraid I'd lose them.

I agree with Kermit that Disney wouldn't dare raise prices now, but Veater's trip isn't until June. By that time, tourism will have picked up in the Spring. So, my bet is that prices will increase before June.

My opinion....

I have found Disney Does DARE All the Time!!

Heck in the middle of doing wash at WDW they came in and changed the machines from a $1.00 to $2.00!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter