Should I plan to be in line an hour early on a non MM?

PairOfDice

Mouseketeer
We'll be in the parks next week. Tuesday I'm planning on leaving my hotel at the crosswalk at 7:00 for MM. Wednesday and Thursday I'm planning on getting in line for CA at 8:00 for 9:00 opening. Friday we're back at Disneyland and planning on being in line at 7:00 for 8:00 opening.

Have I given us enough time? Should I plan on getting in the security line at those times or should I give security an extra 15 minutes or so?

Thanks. It's getting down to the wire and I'm finalizing plans and would appreciate any input.

We are ALWAYS in line 45-60 before open EMH or not (we are always EMH). Only very rarely are we first in line, but usually close and never been picked for family of the day.

We'll be in the parks next week. Tuesday I'm planning on leaving my hotel at the crosswalk at 7:00 for MM. Wednesday and Thursday I'm planning on getting in line for CA at 8:00 for 9:00 opening. Friday we're back at Disneyland and planning on being in line at 7:00 for 8:00 opening.

Have I given us enough time? Should I plan on getting in the security line at those times or should I give security an extra 15 minutes or so?

Thanks. It's getting down to the wire and I'm finalizing plans and would appreciate any input.
More time can't hurt -- it never hurts to play it safe! I know you've been posting in the ROTR Superthread. Go over the posts from the last week to see what time people were reporting going through the Harbor bag check, being in line for MM and for non-MM days, etc. That should give you an idea of whether you'll be fine or need to adjust your schedule.

More time can't hurt -- it never hurts to play it safe! I know you've been posting in the ROTR Superthread. Go over the posts from the last week to see what time people were reporting going through the Harbor bag check, being in line for MM and for non-MM days, etc. That should give you an idea of whether you'll be fine or need to adjust your schedule.

Thanks. Will do.

Sounds like you are staying across the street on Harbor, so you should be able to use the "No Bag Line" at security. This can be a big bonus. Non MM and MM lines have been short for DCA with DL getting all the attention with RotR. I was at the park each morning 02/03/20 - 02/13/20 and lines going into DCA were always really manageable.
I am excited to stay across the street from DLR some day. I have used "No Bag" (on occasion) for ease at the security line, it has made touring of the park feel so much more relaxing.

If I were you, I'd leave my hotel no later than 6:30. The later the MM the longer the lines honestly as the more people who are able to get up and be ready to go at that time. Also, make sure you are lining up at a gate designated for Early Entry. With the whole ROTR Boarding Group madness the lines are forming much earlier than previous for those who do not have MM/EMH!

If I were you, I'd leave my hotel no later than 6:30. The later the MM the longer the lines honestly as the more people who are able to get up and be ready to go at that time. Also, make sure you are lining up at a gate designated for Early Entry. With the whole ROTR Boarding Group madness the lines are forming much earlier than previous for those who do not have MM/EMH!

Thanks! I appreciate your suggestions.

We're also staying across the street on Harbor, but the park opens at 8:00 am every day we are there. I expect to be in line at 6:30 on our EMH day and by 6:50 on all other days. I hope that's enough because I don't think I can get my family there any earlier.

We're also staying across the street on Harbor, but the park opens at 8:00 am every day we are there. I expect to be in line at 6:30 on our EMH day and by 6:50 on all other days. I hope that's enough because I don't think I can get my family there any earlier.
Only one person needs to hold the spot in line. I'm always the line holder since beauty never sleeps.

Only one person needs to hold the spot in line. I'm always the line holder since beauty never sleeps.
We could all be there a little earlier, except I'm hoping to grab breakfast to go at BWPPI (I have my own containers), and they don't open the breakfast until 6:30. It's okay, no matter what. We will get in, we will ride rides, it will be a good time. And given how ROTR has been performing, I'm starting to doubt whether I want to ride it at all this trip. We're lucky enough to be able to return in 2021, to hopefully a more stable attraction. We will see how the next 5 weeks go, I guess.

We could all be there a little earlier, except I'm hoping to grab breakfast to go at BWPPI (I have my own containers), and they don't open the breakfast until 6:30. It's okay, no matter what. We will get in, we will ride rides, it will be a good time. And given how ROTR has been performing, I'm starting to doubt whether I want to ride it at all this trip. We're lucky enough to be able to return in 2021, to hopefully a more stable attraction. We will see how the next 5 weeks go, I guess.
When I first started planning our trip six weeks ago I was stressed out about the BGs. But at this point I’m feeling like if it works out it works out. There are so many other things to do so we’ll just move on with our day if it doesn’t.

When I first started planning our trip six weeks ago I was stressed out about the BGs. But at this point I’m feeling like if it works out it works out. There are so many other things to do so we’ll just move on with our day if it doesn’t.
Yep, exactly!! The thing I'm most looking forward to is Cars Land actually. Also Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. DH wants a lightsaber and to ride Pirates of the Caribbean. The Boy wants to see any stormtrooper anywhere, but would settle for any costumed Star Wars character. It's going to be a great trip!

Yep, exactly!! The thing I'm most looking forward to is Cars Land actually. Also Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. DH wants a lightsaber and to ride Pirates of the Caribbean. The Boy wants to see any stormtrooper anywhere, but would settle for any costumed Star Wars character. It's going to be a great trip!
Cars Land is so fun! It’s one of my favorite parts. Try to ride BTMR at night too. It’s like a totally different ride.

The Boy's wish will be easily granted in SWGE and in TL and Launch Bay. Easy. DH's wishes are also easy to grant. Reservation at Savi's and jump in the POTC line whenever the line is short/er -- morning, later at night, when F! is running, etc. You are going to LOVE CL -- please ride RSR at night at least once and try to see the neon lighting on Rte. 66 (with snacks from the Cozy Cones)! And try to ride BTMRR at least once during fireworks -- Magic!

• Love
Reactions: EmJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!