Should Mickey's Toontown get a refurbishment?

Elijah Abrams

Mouseketeer
Hi, I’m new here to the DISboards and I have a question. I've visited Mickey's Toontown all my life, riding Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin and embracing the cartoony detail of the land. I recently heard that Toontown will be getting Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway in 2022, and with this new attraction, I wanted to know: Should Mickey's Toontown get a much needed refurbishment in anticipation for Runaway Railway? In my imagination for the refurb, Toontown would get a fresh coat of paint and all of the characters and scenery would be styled after the Paul Rudish Mickey Mouse cartoons, including Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, since Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway will be based on the Rudish shorts.

Yes, it needs a much-needed refurb (and get the trolley functional again). NO to a retheme of Rudish influence. HATE that stylistic interpretation.

It likely will get spiffed up before the opening which is still a couple years away. What they need to do is restore some of the attractions they have or give them some new life. Sounds like many are just shells of what they used to be.

Toon Town was not there was I was young, Videopolis was where the teens hung out and that's pretty much all that was in that area. Toon Town was built in my 20's so I think I've been there maybe 3 times. I love Roger Rabbit but the line is always way too long to bother going all the way over there. The closest we get is going to Mickey and the Magical Map. I understand that it's a place for smaller kids with the meet and greets and the little coaster, but I would love them to put something for everyone there. Hopefully the Runaway Railway will spice it up a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!