Sick only at night

1437disney

Mouseketeer
I am a mother of a 4 year old daughter who at least 3 Times a week vomits all night long. This has been going on for 2 years. She has a rare genetic syndrome, but this is not a part of the syndrome. She has had sleep studies done and has mild obstructive sleep apenia, but this is not the cause of vomitting. She has seen a ENT doctor, but they have no reason for her being sick. I am extremely frustrated and do not know how to help my daughter. If anyone has experienced this or has doctor ideas or any thoughts please help. Thanks!

Has she seen a gastroenterologist? Is Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome a possibility?
She has not seen a gastroenterologist. I never heard of CVS, but looked it up. At first I thought this might be it, but she does not seem to be in pain with her stomach and stays alert during the episodes. Thank you for your help. I am going to ask her doctor about this anyway.

I really hope you find a solution. My best friend went through something similar with her daughter, it was awful. :(

My daughter has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, and used to vomit pretty much every week at least. Projectile sometimes.

We discovered the EDS recently, and gastroparesis is common with it. She now takes a tiny amount of erythromycin before every meal, which helps her motility. She hasn't been sick very much since, and I don't think she's thrown up more than once in the last two years! She had an endoscopy before the EDS diagnosis, plus a 24 hour reflux study (where they leave the tube down your nose into the stomach).

Now the pieces of the puzzle came into play after the diagnosis - stretchy skin, joint pain, joints that can bend far beyond where they should, migraines, stretch marks all over her mid section, and I hadn't realized but often as a baby her stools were a bit hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!