Sightseeing Budget?

justme0729

DIS Veteran
I'm considering making the trip to Aulani. Without knowing exact pricing or choosing our sightseeing/ excursions this early, do you think that $1000 is a reasonable budget for two people? We will have a car so we can get to the sights ourselves. We're thinking we might want to go to the different beaches around Oahu, do the ATV tour at Kualoa Ranch, zipline, see the whales, pearl harbor, hike to the waterfalls, hike Diamond Head, and maybe a few others. We've never been and it hasn't been easy to find pricing for just doing it on our own so I'm wondering if it will likely be more than $1000?

One way you could compare is to look at the Oahu Go card website. I personally am not a huge fan of this card because it kind of forces you to stick to your plans as it is pre paid but many people use and like it. The site will give you an idea of activities and how much they cost.

A lot of the things you want to do are free. Pearl Harbor has a small fee to pre-reserve the Arizona, and there are other entrance fees to other attractions there - they are all documented on their website. Kualoa Ranch also has pricing on their website. I think your budget seems fine - but I would definitely find the pricing information. We're spending less than that for 5 on Oahu our upcoming trip - but we're not doing Kualoa Ranch, and some things (like a snorkeling and a luau) are booked for other islands, though it does include a Cabana at Aulani and entrance for 5 for Pearl Harbor and the Missouri among some other attractions.

You can also download apps that have GPS. They have built on tours that provide directions and commentary. I’m trying this for my trip in August!

from the things listed seems like the only significant costs would be kualoa ranch, and maybe whale watching (if you wanted to do so from a boat)

$1000 for 2 people should be plenty...but if you need guided tours or want to do more at kualoa ranch...or add on other things like a luau, polynesian cultural center, etc. it could get a little tight.

We are a family of 4 adults and I don't think we spent that much on our 11 day trip, including groceries and eating out a few times when we were on the road. Much of the things you have listed are either free or very low cost. Since you will have a car you should have money left over, in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter