Sigma 30mm

BaileyWhite

Earning My Ears
Do I need something wider than a 30mm on an APS-C sensor camera for CHARACTER MEALS? Or, do you think the 30mm will suffice.

I'm renting, and do not have the lens currently, or else I would play around with it. All of my lenses are way too long, or don't produce the bokeh I prefer!

Thank you!

Try setting your current lens to 30mm and taking photos at the dinner table.

It won't be as wide as I prefer (I like to do full length shots), but many find it works great. Certainly better than the 50mm many try to use.

Try setting your current lens to 30mm and taking photos at the dinner table.

It won't be as wide as I prefer (I like to do full length shots), but many find it works great. Certainly better than the 50mm many try to use.

I don't have a lens that I can set to 30mm... I'm a prime girl!

I don't have a lens that I can set to 30mm... I'm a prime girl!
I guess you are! Most at least have an old kit lens sitting around unused. ;)

I imagine you'll be fine. I think most of my issues are because I'm a wide angle girl. If you're used to shooting with longer lenses, you're probably used to focusing more on close ups. I just like more atmospheric shots (like shots with the princesses that also show the setting in the castle).

If you can, go with a wider lens. Something like 18 or 20 would be better.

You'll mostly be fine. You'll be backing up at times. In closer spaces, you may not have enough room to get full body group portraits, but in worst case scenarios, you'll still get waist up.

You're effectively shooting 48mm (on Canon... 45mm on Sony and Nikon). I rarely go wider for people shots unless I'm doing an environmental shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!