Silver Lake or Windsor Hills?

pigletto

DIS Veteran
I am running out of options for a trip that is coming up at the end of August. Budget is a primiary concern for a number of reasons (exchange rate and already took one big vacation this year). So I have it narrowed down to two choices. A) A three bedroom unit at Silver Lake from SkyAuction. Or B)Windsor Hills in a three bedroom townhouse.

I've looked up reviews but would love some Disboards opinions as I have never stayed at either. We stayed onsite for many years and have done Vistana and Bonnet Creek since moving offsite. Loved both of those but they are not in the budget for our larger party this time. :)

We've stayed at both and prefer Silver Lake if the price is about the same. More of a resort feel and a tad bit closer to WDW.

Silver Lake is significantly cheaper in this scenario ($549 vs. $800 or $900 for the townhouse ). I am leaning toward Silver Lake for the super close location and the resort feel you mentioned. It seems to get consistently good reviews. I'm always just a little nervous trying anything new, especially when I am booking for 7 people.

The Buy it Now ends in a half an hour and it only has two dates.. one in August and one in September. The August one is exactly what I need so I'm going to go for it. Thanks :)

Just stayed at Silver Lake for the first time a they beginning of May. I LOVED the location. Turn left and drive a mile or so and you are on Disney property. Turn right and drive a half mile and there is every restaurant, grocery, drug store you could wish for. Rooms were very large IMO. Décor was a little dark in color but nice. Nice pool and hot tub. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

We tried Silver Lake a few years ago and now usually spend at least one week there a year. We love it! The staff has always been awesome, the pool is great, and can't beat the location! We are staying there two weeks in July in a 3 bedroom unit.

Silver Lake is significantly cheaper in this scenario ($549 vs. $800 or $900 for the townhouse ). I am leaning toward Silver Lake for the super close location and the resort feel you mentioned. It seems to get consistently good reviews. I'm always just a little nervous trying anything new, especially when I am booking for 7 people.

The Buy it Now ends in a half an hour and it only has two dates.. one in August and one in September. The August one is exactly what I need so I'm going to go for it. Thanks :)

The price difference seals the deal for me. We prefer Silver Lake over Windsor Hills anyway, but a savings of $250-$350 would make it a no brainer for us. Can't wait to hear how you liked it.

The price difference seals the deal for me. We prefer Silver Lake over Windsor Hills anyway, but a savings of $250-$350 would make it a no brainer for us. Can't wait to hear how you liked it.
I'll be sure to report back! I can't even believe how close it is to the parks. That alone is worth staying there.. we need a mid day break in the August heat and it will be easy to get back and forth quickly!

Having done both (and both are perfectly nice), I personally if a timeshare condo is big enough for the group prefer that to a home rental as I really enjoy the resort feel.

I havent stayed at either one....but like the previous poster says, I prefer the "resort" feel over a house rental. I think all of the entertainment and activities are a plus when you have non-park days. But if you are going to the parks everyday, I guess it doesn't matter.

Silver Lake is definitely closer to WDW (okay AK) - so have fun and enjoy your stay - You are going during on season - so you should have even more fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter