• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Single parent Cruisers

elismom

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes
I'm thinking of planning a Cruise for my D.S .
We will be at disney at the A.S.S this christmas the one thing I like about the resot is not having to pay extra because I am the only adult in the room.
We went to Mexico and I had to pay full adult price for my D.S the child price and the single supp. was more than an adult fair
So far I have only been able to find prices based on 2 adults sharing.
Any other single parent cruisers out there?
Thanks Shelley and Eli

Hi Shelley!

I'm a single mom too, and I've just gotten used to having to pay adult fare for my DS. I've never seen a cruise line that didn't charge full price for the first two occupants, regardless of age. It stinks, but I do understand it and accept it. Maybe someday my Prince Charming will come along and I'll be able to finally pay the child's fare for my little boy, but I guess I need to find that Prince first. :)

One thing I can tell you, the cruise is worth every single penny... you will have SO much fun, and so will your son. You get to live like a real grownup for a whole week -- something us single parents don't usually get to do -- and your son will be having his own fun in the amazing kids' clubs. When are you thinking of cruising?

-gina-

;) Last year my DD and I went alone and I just got a Cat 11 room on the 4 day cruise and the cost was not that bad. It was worth every penny. We did not even stay in the room that much anyway. So inside was ok with us.:cool:

Go for it!:bounce:

Gina thanks
I keep thinking about how many other single parents must go through the same thing, someone should come up with a T.A just for us I bet there's a lot of money to be made!
I.m not sure when we would go I,m thinking maybe Crhristmas 2004 o April/May 2005
It could be sooner because my sil and her dh and 2 boys want to go on another cruise.maybe we could also take grandma with us and she could share with me and DS.
I.m thinking I should just start calling and finding out prices.
It is something that I know my DS would love
do you know how early you can put money on something
Thanks Shelley

I believe that if you book through Disney you can atleast 2 years out and your Deposit is fully refundable if cancelled within 60 days of the trip. You can pay on it as you go and it makes it a lot easier on us single Mom's.....:p :bounce:

What are the cheapest rooms to ask for?
I have heard something about a secert porthole?
The room doesnt really matter that much to me as long as I dont have to cook or make the beds I,m in heaven
and DS could be in the broiler room and as long as he was on the ship and it had a pool he would be as happy as a pig in
You Know!
Did you book throught D.U?
shelley

If you can get a secret porthole room that is great! We have one booked on our cruise in October. Room 5020 is on deck 5 and still has somewhat of a view. You pay an inside price for an outside cabin!!!:p Go to www.castawayclub.com and you can see what rooms to ask for. They book pretty fast!;) Good luck! I had a Cat 11 and it was on deck 6. It was fine for two of us and I liked being on the upper decks if I could not have a window.

We were only in the room to change,nap and sleep at night!:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter