Single parents at Disneyland!

There is a restroom @ DL near the Carnation Plaza (to the left of the castle as you face it), and that is a single/family restroom where parents can take their children.

That is great! I've been through that area so many times and never noticed! :laughing: Just goes to show ya, there is always something new to see. Thank you so much for that info, hopefully it is very helpful to a lot of people to know that there is an option. :)

I'm not a single parent, but you single parents shouldn't hesitate to ask the person behind you in line to take a picture of you with your camera--I had several people ask me to do that this trip and I was always happy to help them.

I used to be a single parent. I took my DD to the land every year since she was 3. The first time my parents were there, so I did get to do some more faster rides. The thing I like about Disneyland is it's geared toward children of all ages. She was always a good sport about rides. Every year I "make" her try one new ride and explain that I go on rides I don't care for all the time with her, riding one ride for me isn't going to kill her. It always turns out she loves the ride I pick for her new experiance.

Before I start getting hate mail, the rides I choose for her to ride are age/milestone appropriate. I don't make her go on Screamin or anything like that. I know my daughter and what her likes/dislikes are. Making her ride something that is going to scar her for life wouldn't do anybody any good.

I've been fortunate, my first trips to DL as a single parent included other family members. My sister gave DD (then 10) a trip for birthday/christmas and included her family, me, DS (then 20 months), and our parents. She arranged for my parents to fly out of Boise with me, so I would have help. We got fogged in and no help rescheduling from the airline out of Boise, so we drove to Seattle to fly out the next morning. Once we arrived, it was great to have the extra help...it wouldn't have been as much fun if it had just been the three of us.

Going for the second time next week, again with family, DS (now 9) is finally getting the trip he was promised when he was tall enough to enjoy most rides. Fortunately, the Mailboomer is gone so I won't have to ride it with him...DD and Grandma never wanted to ride it again after their last trip.

Going for the second time next week, again with family, DS (now 9) is finally getting the trip he was promised when he was tall enough to enjoy most rides. Fortunately, the Mailboomer is gone so I won't have to ride it with him...DD and Grandma never wanted to ride it again after their last trip.

:thumbsup2 Totally Awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter