Sites to shop for hotel prices for PB, HRH, and RPR?

PDXmouse

Mouseketeer
Last time we went to universal we booked PB through Costco.

This time, we only want to stay 3 nights and Costco requires a 4 night stay.

We want to stay at a Loews property that offers express passes. No strong opinion on which one.

This is late June. Before paying $800 a night I want to make sure I’m looking in all the right places.

Also, if there is an option should I pay the upcharge for refundable, in case rates go down? Or is late June popular enough that I should just lock it in and be done with it?

Here's where I've looked so far:
Costco - won't work since we don't want a 4 night stay

Loews website - $793 a night. Is there even a benefit to booking direct? I can't find one.

Hotels dot com - $793 a night.
2x points on future travel if use my cap one (About $50)
4% bonus back through cap one offers. (About $100)
Points towards future free stays using the hotels dot com site. Estimated value $80 - $120.

Cap One Travel - I don't even see the Loews hotels offered here?

Amex Fine Hotels + Resorts program - $793 a night (must book through Amex with the Amex card)
5x points (may not use before they expire)
Room upgrade if available (is this even likely in late June?)
Daily breakfast for 2
Guaranteed 4 pm late check in (also early check in if avail, but we won't need that since we won't arrive until late)
Complimentary wi-fi
$100 Food & Beverage Credit
$200 Amex Statement Credit

So it looks to me like Amex is my best bet. Is $793 normal for summer? What are the odds I could rebook lower?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Adding... I also found Loews RPR on Amex for $689 a night vs PB at $793. We've only ever stayed at PB. Should I look harder at RPR to save $100 a night? It looks like the 2 Queen rooms are quite a bit smaller. Other than that anything I should know?

Is Amex rate refundable? The main benefit to booking direct through Loews would be the ease of cancellation up to 5 days out.

Also keep an eye out for AP rates. If you get a good AP rate (which BTW are also refundable), the price difference can easily cover the cost to upgrade to one AP. Book the good rate as soon as it pops up, they can go fast. You do not need to have an AP in hand to book, you would only need an AP before you check out.

RPR vs PB - it's a short trip, how many people and how much time would you spend in the room? If it's just a bed/shower, then RPR for sure. If you'll spend significant time at the hotel, then it matters more (but $100 more?). Plus the $100 nightly difference will actually be more than that, considering the hotel room tax will also be another $12 or whatever per night on that extra $100.

Is Amex rate refundable? The main benefit to booking direct through Loews would be the ease of cancellation up to 5 days out.

Also keep an eye out for AP rates. If you get a good AP rate (which BTW are also refundable), the price difference can easily cover the cost to upgrade to one AP. Book the good rate as soon as it pops up, they can go fast. You do not need to have an AP in hand to book, you would only need an AP before you check out.

RPR vs PB - it's a short trip, how many people and how much time would you spend in the room? If it's just a bed/shower, then RPR for sure. If you'll spend significant time at the hotel, then it matters more (but $100 more?). Plus the $100 nightly difference will actually be more than that, considering the hotel room tax will also be another $12 or whatever per night on that extra $100.
Thank you for your help!

We will sleep and possibly nap in the room, but it's only 3 nights. We're on to Disney next where we will be taking "break" days in our room occasionally.

The Amex Rate was refundable, I think up to 5 days before arrival.

Where do I see AP hotel rate deals?

So I estimate that buying AP's will cost $750 more than the tickets we were going to buy. So I would need to save at least that much on our hotel to justify this route, correct. Are hotel offers for AP holders that much better?

AP rates:
https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...hildren=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=
(change the dates)

You'd need to buy ONE AP to qualify - and they AP hotel offers can be that much better easily ($750 for 3 nights, not so much). But you can do the math if you see a rate that you like - and there may not be much, or there may be a great deal, it just depends on how the rooms are selling and how many Loews feels like discounting.

AP rates:
https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...hildren=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=
(change the dates)

You'd need to buy ONE AP to qualify - and they AP hotel offers can be that much better easily ($750 for 3 nights, not so much). But you can do the math if you see a rate that you like - and there may not be much, or there may be a great deal, it just depends on how the rooms are selling and how many Loews feels like discounting.
Anyone why the booking site above doesn't say universalorlando.com, is it safe to use?

I don't know either, it does take you directly to the Universal booking site with the AP rate already built into the hotel search. I stole the link off another Disboards thread years ago & have also booked several times with it, in addition to looking at it daily when I have an upcoming trip.

Ok, after much investigation, I believe the way to get there directly from the Universal Orlando website is to go to the "Annual Passholders" tab in the dropdown menu along the right side, then select "Hotels & Packages," then click the "Book Now" link under Featured Rates for UOAP.
1680272000870.png

This link will take you directly to the page where you can click "book now."
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/hotel-guide

Ok, after much investigation, I believe the way to get there directly from the Universal Orlando website is to go to the "Annual Passholders" tab in the dropdown menu along the right side, then select "Hotels & Packages," then click the "Book Now" link under Featured Rates for UOAP.
View attachment 749846

This link will take you directly to the page where you can click "book now."
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/hotel-guide
The difference is the Universal site won't let you book pass early Jan 2014, but this site does. I just booked it and called Universal and confirmed my reservation went through. So it's safe! :)

I booked through Priceline amazingly. It would have been $567 for 4 nights at CBR with an AP discount. PL had 11% off for a couple of hours in the wee hours of the morning sat and I grabbed it. I am paying $573 for the same 4 night late May and I do not have to buy an AP!! Woohoo. Lol I really do not care about the parks this visit so I can save my AP purchase for later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter