Six flags Magic Mountain - best way around?

Danauk

<font color=green>I would be sitting on the patio
So we all know the best way to go around Disney parks thanks to these boards but what would be the best plan for getting around SFMM? Presuming you are going there to ride all the coasters and rides what would be the best order to do it in? I guess it is best to get there for opening and ride X first, but after that I am stuck.
For our trip we will have a full day and two half days there. The 1st half day will be arriving Saturday afternoon so I think the plan for then would be to get to know our way around the park, take some pictures and maybe ride a few rides, perhaps go back to the park in the evening after checking in to the hotel. Then Sunday would be our main park day along with some time, probably until around 2/3pm on Monday.

Also regarding the Flash Pass service. Do the rides you can use Flash Pass change each day or are there quite a few rides you can use Flash Pass on each day but you just can use it on 4 of them?

Any advice on how to make the most out of the park would be great.

Well....I haven't ridden the grown up rides in years LOL, just hang out w/ the kiddie stuff now a days, but here's what I would GUESS :laughing:

The way MM is set up I think it would be best to get to the back of the park and enjoy those popular rides before the crowds make their way back there. At DL you can get to the hub and then split off into the land you want. At MM the park is basically on a 'track'. When you walk into the park your choices are either right or left (and whichever way you choose, it's a track and you'll eventually wrap around the park on the same path), you'll HAVE to walk past a bunch of rides to get to the back of the park and I'm thinking alot of people probably stop when they see a good ride and the back rides probobly have fewer people making their way back to them first thing.

Thats my only bit of advice LOL, unless you want to know about something in kiddie land :lmao:

I would ride X first. No doubt about it. After that, I'd probably head to the back of the park and do Deja Vu. It only has one train, so it takes a long time to get through that line. After that, I'd think about Tatsu, the new flying coaster, followed by Goliath. These will probably be the worst lines, and if you can get through these right away, you'll be doing well. After that, Batman will probably have one of the worst lines. It's been a long time since I've been there, and I was very lucky because the park was empty. I'm just basing this off of load times, and other things I've read on the internet. Have fun!

well i was there on the 2 of April and this is what i did...there was barely any lines for anything except for tatsu but we used flashpass for that...but the longest line we stood in was 25 mins..anyways..we headed for x first...line was about 20-25 mins since the train station takes forever to load..after that we headed to the back end of the park because everyone is in line by this time for x..and walked onto goliath, walked onto batman, riddlers, scream and then we headed over to viper which was a 5 min wait and did the rides over there...there really wasnt a "bad" line which was soo nice considering they were advertising spring break week...tatsu had about an 1hr wait..but we got the flashpasses which i recommend...and rode that 4 times in a row...and waited maybe 10 mins for those 4 rides...thats my advice

Here is some info right from the MM website, but I really don't think you would need a flash pass if you will be there so many days. When I was there on Sunday (April 22nd) the flash pass wasn't good for X or DeJaVu, which had the longest lines!!!:mad: Needless to say we didn't go on those two but we walked right on everything else.

Pack in all the thrills and excitement you can with The Flash Pass. Why wait in line? Spend more time playing and less time waiting.
HOW TO BUY
Buy your Flash Pass online or at the ticket booths, Guest Necessities Center or The Flash Pass booth behind Guest Relations in Six Flags Plaza.

PRICES
$20.00 plus park admission weekdays
$25.00 plus park admission weekends and holidays

BUY THE FLASH PASSES

USING THE FLASH PASS
With The Flash Pass, you don't need a reservation or pre-determined arrival time. Just choose your ride and follow the directions provided. The rides available for The Flash Pass vary from day to day. The Flash Pass is good for four priority boarding opportunities, however you want to use them:

1 person on 4 rides
2 people on 2 rides
4 people on 1 ride

AVAILABILITY
A limited number are available daily. The Flash Pass is only valid on the day you buy it.

Thanks for the info. We will have flash passes anyway as they come with our AP's. Do you know which rides the Flash Passes were used for?

well if my memory serves me right...it was all the big rides...except deja vu and x...but scream, tatsu..which is the only ride that has a seperate line just for the flashpassers..which is soo nice..(the other ones just feed into the others..like riddlers we got to the station but still had to wait in the line at the top of the station...about 7 cycles..) but ya...all the big roller coasters..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter