Six Flags - Magic Mtn - mandatory charging $1/locker for every ride

hurleysweety

DIS Veteran
If you have ANYTHING on you, fanny pack, backpack, camera case, sunglasses, etc, you have to pay $1 to store your belongings in a locker before entering the line to get on the ride. They have attendants stationed at the beginning of all lines to inform and direct the guests to the lockers. If you somehow get pass the attendant, they will not let you get on the ride once you reach it. You can't be holding anything. I saw this happen a handful of times and even with a fanny pack, an entire party of six people couldn't ride and had to go purchase a locker first (luckily the worker allowed them to come back up through the exit since the line was 1 hr long!). Now, on the gentle rides, you can "toss" your bag to the other side of the loading area, but for any of the awesome coasters, you must get a locker. Fortuantly, I was with a group of people who all had bags (youth trip) so we each paid $1 at different rides and only ended up spending about $3/each. If it was just you and your significant other, you could easily spend $10 in locker fees!!

So, just stuff it all in your pockets, right?
Sadly, on our trip of 55 ppl, 3 people lost their cell phones (read-2 were brand new $200+ phones) on Tatsu (2 students, 1 leader). Be very careful on this ride - sunglasses, wallets, ect. can very easily fall out of your pocket. This is the only ride that I put absolutely everything I had in the locker, and I'm glad I did!

So, either don't bring anything to the park, or pay another outrageous fee to store your items at the lockers at the front of the park that can be re-opened again and again all day. Of course, you then must make the trek to the locker anytime you need something. :headache:

On the plus side, I had my first ever funnel cake there and it was delicious. Strawberry was the best!

I went to Six Flags in October and I had advance notice of the $1 mandatory locker rentals.

Me and hubby went out and bought ourselves cargo pants, with pockets that securely buttoned. Best idea ever. (I got a cheapy pair on sale for $15 from Old Navy, and considering I went on about 20 rides that day, all of which had pay for use lockers, the pants paid for themselves at the end of the day). The key to this plan is make sure your cargo pants pockets close some way, by buttons or zippers, so items don't fly out. (We lost nothing on Tatsu).

At Universal Studios they made people pay for a locker to go on Mummy when it first opened. People got rather irate at having to pay so now the lockers are free. The ride itself now has a net bag in front of each seat similar to how many DL rides are.

MM should do the same as Universal and make the lockers free.

At Universal Studios they made people pay for a locker to go on Mummy when it first opened. People got rather irate at having to pay so now the lockers are free. The ride itself now has a net bag in front of each seat similar to how many DL rides are.

MM should do the same as Universal and make the lockers free.

the universal lockers are a really good idea in my opinion - they're free for about an hour (might be 2) and then you pay if you use it for longer than that.
However - there's nothing to stop you removing your stuff and putting it back in there if you really want ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter