Sleep Sofas in DVC resorts

leslieh

DIS Veteran
We stayed in Saratoga this past week in studio, needed the Sleep Sofa, does anyone else have the same problem sleeping on it. Its terrible, we are going back in June and thinking what we can do to sleep it on it. Will need it again as four are staying in a one bedroom.

It's being replaced thank God, in the refurb, hopefully with the sofa Murphy which has a full thickness mattress on.

thank you! I hope all the resorts get the new one. This one did flip out and not have the metal bars but didn't feel to good. You cold not get a goods night rest on it.

When we stay at hotels, our son usually gets stuck with the sleeper sofa. I've taken the mattress off the frame and just put it on the floor, then close the couch back up. That way you at least get rid of the bars and help with any sagging.

You can see it pulls down, sofa auto folds up underneath. Proper mattress on it.

The sofas are not that comfortable to sit on too. Not sure who picked them but neither the sofa or pullout are good.

True. They've gotten worse with the new sofa sleepers they've brought in. BWV keeps wanting to launch me onto the floor. I can sit perfectly still and those cushions keep creeping out. :eek: That SSR demo doesn't look like it improves and as hard as it is to imagine that thin cushion makes it look like it might be worse than the current ones.

I have a 6 year old and 8 year old. We are staying at SSR, will the sofa bed be ok for them since they are lighter and not resting a lot of weight on the bars? Or should I bring a air mattress. Kind of a shame to this k we are paying so much to have an uncomfortable place to sleep at night. Feeling anxious now

I have a 6 year old and 8 year old. We are staying at SSR, will the sofa bed be ok for them since they are lighter and not resting a lot of weight on the bars? Or should I bring a air mattress. Kind of a shame to this k we are paying so much to have an uncomfortable place to sleep at night. Feeling anxious now
The sofabed is fine, much better than any air mattress.

Well, they won't be using that test sleeper sofa at OKW. It would block the window.

Well, they won't be using that test sleeper sofa at OKW. It would block the window.

I just slept on the sleeper sofa at a refurbished OKW room and it was comfy enough. When I layed in the real bed, it was obviously better but I was comfy on the sofa bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!