Sleepydog's Dining Reviews w/Pics--FINAL THOUGHTS!

Huge Tiffins fan here! Yes, expensive, but the uniqueness makes up for it for us. The Nomad Lounge is also a huge plus! We frequent the signatures often and the only one I find too pricey for what is offered is Narcoossee's.

You do have quite a history at WL and AP! Your wedding and reception must have been so magical.:lovestruc

We haven't been to AP in a few years but are excited to return this December. The menu is very exciting and I've always loved the wines offered. I'll be trying that Pinot Noir you recommended. There are truly no words for that mushroom bisque.:love:
That was our first Tiffins experience, but it won't be our last. There are more dishes to explore! We, too, usually visit at least a couple of signatures each trip. I've mentioned we aren't huge eaters, so we're able to keep the costs down a bit by sharing an appetizer or two and normally splitting an entree. We're also fond of places with a varied, or at least somewhat unique, wine list. I love the fact that AP focuses on Washington and Oregon wines since that both echoes the strains of the Lodge's origins and provides some excellent varietals. Normally, I'm not a huge Pinot Noir fan since it's a finicky grape, but Oregon produces some topnotch ones. Hopefully, you'll find AP the superbly romantic and wonderful place we do.

Our history is definitely interwoven with the more recent history of WL, roughly the past decade. Everything from the stay there, to the pictures the evening and night before, to the ceremony, and certainly to the meal was a dream come true for us. ::yes::

Thanks for joining in!

Artist Point (Part 2)
As you can see above, my lovely wife posted pics of her two dining options that evening, the first of which was that lovely pappardelle (which I mistakenly called tagliatelle yesterday) with oyster mushrooms and greens. The greens gave the dish a peppery bite which was needed given the duck and goat cheese on top. The pasta was house made and perfectly al dente. I believe the wine in the picture is the Evolution. It's a safe bet and known product since they didn't offer any thrilling Sauvignon Blancs which is Luv's go to wine. I do remember her remarking that the pappardelle could be a meal by itself it was that good, that rich, and that filling. I might have helped her eat it. . .

The next picture is her actual entree, and I believe you can see some scallops peaking out from beneath all the fru-fru on top which included hibiscus blooms, dill fronds, and although the current menu says charred broccoli, I'm fairly certain that's celery in the photo. What this picture doesn't show are the petit potatoes that went with the dish. Why? Well, we had looked at the menu about forty-eleven times before the trip, and she had decided on the scallops because they came with a paella-style rice. Now, we love us some paella and make it occasionally, so Luv was thrilled to see it on the menu. Only, when we sat down with the menu, it was. . .you guessed it--G-O-N-E. Turns out that night was the very first night of the new menu (we had even looked the night before and the paella was still there). However, our server, Diana, checked with the kitchen who agreed to do a small paella as they had just enough ingredients left. As the manager later explained (he came by to check on us and the service), the chef is in constant mode to make alterations to menus as the season or seasonal ingredients dictate. Luv was thrilled that they were able to treat her so well, and we made sure to send our thanks to the chef and to profusely thank the manager and Diana, as well. As for the dish itself, the paella was mildly spicy and very aromatic, and as you can see in the photo, the scallop were perfectly seared and juicy.

Here's another shot of my meal, and it shows that they were spot on with the cook on the bison--overcook it and will be tough. This was not.
AP7.jpg

Perhaps only of interest to me is the newer cutlery. I especially liked the rustic appearance of the steak knife.
AP6.jpg

Normally, we don't do desserts. It's not that we don't like them, well, actually Luv can take or leave them; I love dessert, however. Still, I've learned not to overdo it at meal time, so I most often will skip it anymore. Given this is AP, though, and our last night this trip, I opted to take a look at the dessert menu. Rather than go with the usual berry cobbler that is one of AP's signature dishes (despite the fact that the recipe changed a few years ago and isn't quite up to the old standard), I chose the house made, warm donuts with lingonberry jam and a dark, creamy ganache. Oh. . .my. . .goodness. . .the presentation is whimsical and the combination of the tart berry and the dark chocolate all in one bite with the just-right tenderness and crunch of the donut was sublime. It's a bit heavy since we are talking donuts and dark chocolate coming on the heels of bison, but it was so delightful and good. This item is well worth the extra, ahem, dough to splurge for a dessert.

AP8.jpg

It was a worthwhile manner in which to end our dining adventures. Artist Point almost always seems to evoke that strong sense of belonging, and this was no exception. There's a reason we consider it our "home restaurant."
GRADE: A Highlights: Food (donuts!), Diana, ambiance, window seat Lows: None really

Well, that ends this dining review. . .almost! As an added bonus (Luv knows this term immensely annoys me), by the time it's taken me to get around to finishing this report, we've made another visit to the World. Rather than start an entirely new report, I'll post a few more pics and updates to our experiences that ended less than three weeks ago.

SPOILER ALERT:
You're not going to be pleased with all the news. . .

Sounds like a fantastic meal at Artist's Point! Looking forward to the rest of your updates :)
Thanks for stopping by and joining in! We are unapologetic about our love for AP, obviously. Of course, any restaurant has its off nights and sometimes even weeks. However, AP has consistently been a superb meal and experience for us. . .minus a couple of times when it wasn't bad, just didn't meet expectations. Both of those times came a couple of chefs ago when he attempted to make the Northwest cuisine more Asian/Northwest fusion, and it simply didn't work. Anyway, I'll get right to work on those updates, good and bad news. . .

ADDED BONUS REVIEWS!!!!!

I slay myself. I hate the term "added bonus," since bonus actually means something is added. But, I'm in a celebratory mood, so what the heck. . .

A little background info and recap. We were married four years ago on 5 July, so we tend to either go to HHI, the World, or a Disney cruise around that date. This year, we weren't doing any of the three until we realized we had APs burning our pocket linings, and we just couldn't skip out and do nothing. We looked around a bit and found, just several weeks before we left, a room at SSR for 4 nights. We normally drive down after work, so we stop about 3-4 hours away in Brunswick, GA (most often), before going in the rest of the way early the next morning. This time, we spoke of driving to Jacksonville to change things up, but that seemed silly since it's barely an hour past Brunswick. We looked at driving through until the wee hours and getting a cheap room offsite in Orlando. At that point, we decided to not leave after work but wait until the next day, leave at oh dark thirty, and get in by mid-afternoon to an offsite hotel. Duh. Stupid us. We realized if we were going to go all the way down, there was no way we weren't going to stay onsite. No DVC rooms were open by that late date, so we opted for OOP at POFQ. And while we were at it, we decided to extend our stay by a day, as well. We found a studio at BLT for that extra night and booked it with our DVC points. Yep, we did three-resort hopping holiday/anniversary trip! We don't mind them since it's just the two of us.

POFQ
Luv
has stayed in many of the mods and values in the past while I have not, so I took her word that this would be a nice place to start our trip. She was absolutely correct. We had a lovely room on the second floor overlooking the "garden" area, and a short walk to both the bus stop and boat launch. It was relatively quiet, and despite the downpour we found ourselves facing when we checked in, had no issues getting into the room. The boats pass by the Treehouses, among other places, and it was quite enjoyable to see them in their naturally wooded environments. The boat ride to DS isn't too long, either, so made it convenient to get there for the one night we stayed at POFQ.

Speaking of Disney Springs, we had made a reservation at Wolfgang Puck's Grand Cafe for our first night (also the 1st. . .of July). We'd never eaten there, only at the Express, and that was several years ago. The menu looked intriguing, as well. We had some misgivings given that the announcement had been made that it would soon be closing; we wondered if the service and food might be sub-par given that news. However, we had another very good reason to try them. The meal would be virtually free. That's right, the big, four-letter F word--FREE. Why, you ask? Good question, and here's the explanation. . .

If you read my review of Paddlefish, then you'll know we had a less than satisfactory meal and experience there. In fact, as mentioned, we were contacted by management and asked to return. To that end, he sent a gift card to entice us, and we did make a return-trip reservation at Paddlefish. However, the more I read the continued reviews about the place, the more it sounded as if they hadn't solved their issues. Many reviews on various sites mentioned the same poor hostessing, mediocre service, and wildly inconsistent food at Signature prices. One couple had almost the exact same issue we'd had with getting seated in a near empty restaurant. Several reviewers commented that getting seated was a chore, and that the attitude of the host/hostess wasn't good. Food reviews varied from "awful" to "some of it was good." In short, the average restaurant at Disney gets 4 stars (out of 5) on a very popular rating website. Paddlefish has a 3.5. . .hmmm. We noticed the gift card was good for any Levy operated restaurant, thus our decision to give Wolfgang's a try. We're very happy we did.

Coming up, Wolfgang Puck's Grand Cafe

Looking forward to what us New Orleans folks would call your added bonus "lagniappe" review!

There's something about donuts at WL...years ago we were at Territory Lounge and ordered what I believe was called drunken donuts, they were amazing and then they took them off the menu.:sad:

Looking forward to what us New Orleans folks would call your added bonus "lagniappe" review!

There's something about donuts at WL...years ago we were at Territory Lounge and ordered what I believe was called drunken donuts, they were amazing and then they took them off the menu.:sad:
You're correct about donuts at WL; perhaps, it's because donuts seem a better match to WL than, say, the Poly. ;)
Couldn't help but chuckle at the nod to lagniappe--I was born in NO. Family moved less than a year later, but it's still my birthplace.

On to the quick reviews. For some reason, I'm not able to get the pics off my phone to a place where I can get them to this page. Let's just say we live in the middle of the boonies, and sometimes ("Often!" cries Luv), wi-fi/internet/cellular services simply suck. I'll attempt to get the photos loaded later. Meanwhile. . .

Wolfgang Puck's Grand Cafe
As you recall, we were eating on Levy's dime for this meal for the most part, and we're thrilled we did. In case you've not heard or have forgotten, WPGC is closing soon, and I want to say August. The reason according to our server is that Puck is planning to make it a stand alone, Puck-branded venture as opposed to being run by the Levy Group. Thus, with the lease expiring, Puck wanted out. He is going to relocate the restaurant elsewhere in DS is the plan. We hope that version is as good as our first and only experience at the current location.

Speaking of our server, Ayesha, she was superb: engaging, informative, proficient, and everything you could ask for in a server. She answered all our questions about the move, the menu, and a slew of other topics. And she didn't steer us wrong with the meals. Luv had the sushi and declared it "excellent," her only detracting comment being that it could have been rolled a little tighter. We shared that, as well as the tuna tartar "stack," though they called it something else. Tasty morsels of fresh tuna, a light aoli, a soy reduction, sliced avocado, and roe stuffed in between fried black sesame wonton crisps. What a killer dish! The contrasts in texture and flavors were memorable--the slight sea notes of the tuna against the creamy avocado, ramped up by the sauce, given salt by the roe, and then crunchy on top of all that. I could have had another for my entree and called it a night. However, we then shared a rack of lamb (med rare) with gnocchi and root vegetables, peas, and a wine demi-glace. Expertly cooked. Not one wrong note with the dish other than I could have had more. All of these items were paired with excellent wines (a nice Marlborough Sauv Blanc for Luv and a scrumptious Pinot Noir for me). Though not normally a dessert hound, Ayesha convinced me to have the apple strudel. The pastry was melt-in-your-mouth good, with plenty of fresh apples, a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg, and a dollop of caramel ice cream with a caramel sauce on top. What a divine interpretation of the dish! We love to start a trip off with a topnotch meal, and we were so happy we had opted not to go back to Paddlefish after this experience.
GRADE: A Highlights: Service, food, ambiance Lows: The knowledge they're closing

Reactions: DLo
Now, sadly, on to some bad dining news. . .

BAD NEWS, PART I

Roaring Fork
If you've ever had a Mickey waffle at RF, you may recall how they were made-to-order and available with all sorts of toppings like bananas, strawberries, chocolate chips, whipped cream, et. al. Crunchy on the outside and a fluffy toothsomeness on the inside, they were a treat and one of our most revered items. We always made it a point to get them at least once each trip, even when we weren't staying at the Lodge.

Gone.

Yep, kaput. Oh, they still have "mickey waffles" of a sort. However, they're not the same. Now, you can't just get an order of them with your choice of toppings. Nope, you have to get a basket of some sort which means bacon and/or sausage. There's an adult basket with one large waffle or the kid's basket with two small ones (they also get a yogurt). Now, however, the waffle is of unknown origin and timing since they're made "backstage" in the kitchen. You can't see them ladle the batter onto a super hot griddle and smell them cooking while you wait. Nope. In fact, the whole ordering thing at RF is a bit screwy. Here's our experience.
We went in and noticed there were two register areas, one where the old registers stood and one where the display case for pastries area used to be. We sought the help of a cheerful CM who explained we needed to go to the CM behind the old register. We asked, "are all the toppings gone?" Her answer was a cheerful, "no! You can still get a bananas foster style topping. Just tell the woman behind the register."

That woman had no clue what the heck we were talking about. We tried to explain what Friendly CM had said, but it didn't help. So, then we asked about the lattes being offered now that the Territory Lounge coffee shop was closed (Oops, I forgot to mention this, didn't I? :headache:). Again, the woman behind the register had no clue. The conversation went something like this:

"Do you have regular lattes?"
Well, we have different ones.
Right, but they all have names. Is one of them just plain?
We have three different ones, and it depends on what you want in them.
We don't want anything but the espresso and steamed milk in them.
Then, which one do you want?
We don't know what's in the ones you have listed. What's in the Gold Rush, for example?
Well, they each have different things depending on what you want.
I know that. What is in the three different ones you have listed?
What do want?
I want a plain one.
Well, we have three and each has something different.

I am not kidding. This is almost verbatim. We wound up NOT ordering a latte, and then ordering a kid's basket waffle basket minus any topping. We then attempted to pay, but she only took orders not money. That was the other registers. Sigh. We went back to Friendly CM and asked her about toppings, and she turned around and yelled at someone in the kitchen about putting the bananas foster topping on the order going in. Meanwhile, Luv didn't want anything there (the new menu is limited) and headed over to Geyser Point after I put in the basket order. GP had eggs benedict, either regular on a cheddar biscuit or crab cake style. Yum!

I waited nearly 15 minutes in an only moderately busy RF before my food came out. By the time I got over to GP, Luv had ordered, grabbed a seat, gotten her drink, and been served! The eggs benedict were very good. Though the biscuit is a bit heavy and dry for that dish, they were tasty, and the eggs were perfectly poached with gorgeous, runny yolks. The potatoes with them were also good. However, my waffles were nasty, plain and simple. Not crunchy at all, more like a sponge. Inside, they were cake-donut like but without any apparent sweetness or hint of malt the old Mickey waffles had. The banana sauce was gooey and achingly sweet with very little banana flavor and only two limp slices of banana. I couldn't finish them. It's apparent, based on our observations and those of many others on various forums, that RF has taken a giant step backward in terms of food, as now much of it is basket-ized or grab-n-go. To say we are disappointed is putting it mildly.

You two have a way with words and banter that will surely serve you for scores of wedded bliss!8-)
I'm not sure if I should thank you for adding 2 more restaurants to my MDE Wish List: Artist's Point, and the QS with the amazing looking tuna sammy at WL.
Thanks and let us now bow our collective heads in mourning the loss of WP with hopes that the down time will be minimal.

LOVED WP Dining Room and I'm super sorry we'd never tried it sooner. I have grave misgivings about it and another favorite, Portobello, since they're both currently being "re-imagined."

Sigh. Sometimes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" IS the best way to go.

But I digress..

What the LOML neglected to say (or maybe I missed it - but not because I wasn't paying attention because I would NEVER do that!) was that picture of the lamb was actually a half portion. When we told our amazing server we had planned to split the dish, she had them do so in the kitchen. I always appreciate that extra touch, because to make the customer split it themselves at the table is so awkward and really provides the less than stellar service you would expect at a signature restaurant. Both plates came out beautifully presented and they definitely did not skimp on the sides. Here's my plate:

IMG_4202.JPG

As for RF, it was not an experience I care to repeat, unfortunately. I fully understand new employees being unfamiliar with things, but this poor woman was just downright unknowledgeable and unhelpful. To not know simply which one of your "themed" lattes was just a basic espresso with steamed milk when YOU are the one who places the orders is just poor customer service. And if she was just that new, she shouldn't have been left alone to man the order station. I think the new menu is less than appealing too. It's such a shame, because they did such a beautiful job with the remodel. Hopefully it's just growing pains, but with so many great options, we probably won't be back any time soon.

As for Geyser Point, I had less hate on for Disney than the LOML did when they announced the construction and we realized the entire beach area where we have such history was to be obliterated. I have the warm fuzzies forever stored in my heart (and our wedding albums) and that's really enough for me. Plus, I am not so old as someone-who-shall-remain-nameless that I am intolerant to change!

And. I knew it would be beautiful. Which it is. Different, yes. Less "wildnernessy" definitely. But I think it elevates my favorite resort into the deluxe status on the outside that it's employees have always exemplified on the inside.

Unfortunately, many of the menu items we loved, loved, loved on the GP menu have recently been removed. No more eggs bennie. No more salmon sandwich. So I can only speak to our experience on this trip because sadly, I don't think it will be the same again.

I also had one of the best ever bloody mary's there too! Those girls at the bar know their stuff! Beware, though. If you tell them you like it spicy, it will be SPICY!!

IMG_4212.JPG IMG_4215.JPG IMG_4216.jpg

The sad, sad "new" RF Mickey waffles:

IMG_4214.jpg

On a side note, even though it looks so much more upscale now, there are still wild animal sightings at the Lodge every now and again so you need to be very careful!

IMG_4218.jpg

You two have a way with words and banter that will surely serve you for scores of wedded bliss!8-)
I'm not sure if I should thank you for adding 2 more restaurants to my MDE Wish List: Artist's Point, and the QS with the amazing looking tuna sammy at WL.
Thanks and let us now bow our collective heads in mourning the loss of WP with hopes that the down time will be minimal.
First, thanks for your nice words regarding our banter. We found each other further along in life than most do, and we both know how fortunate we are to have done so. Second, thanks for joining in! Third, about that sandwich at GP. . .

BAD NEWS, PART DEUX

Geyser Point
Well, Luv broke the news in her wonderful recap above. Those beautiful eggs benedict in her picture? Gone. The crab cake version of them? Also gone. One of the very best sandwiches on property in the World, the newly discovered salmon BLT? G-o-n-e. So, in the matter of a few weeks, I went from being hopeful about the remodel of RF and loving GP to being bitterly disappointed in both. The picture Luv posted of the sad looking waffles shows well the lackluster quality of them. I mean, that sauce is gloopy and gooey, though I was wrong in that there was ONE wilted piece of banana instead of 2-3. And the salmon BLT so lovingly rendered in photos from earlier in this report is but a memory now.

I have already complained to someone at Disney; in fact, he heads the food and beverage for both Artist Point and Territory Lounge. We have forged a relationship through the years, and though neither RF nor GP fall under his control, he has passed along our comments (I take the manager at his word since he has always been reliable in the past). He also said they are very sensitive to comments and complaints by guests and visitors--the ol' squeaky wheel gets the grease adage.

As for Luv's comments, I DID forget they had split the entree prior to bringing it out--I did wonder why there were only two chops on my plate. lol Further, while WL has upped its game to become more of a deluxe resort, the cost was to some serenity and peacefulness. How much so remains to be seen, but I will admit that at first blush the upgrades seem lovely. Once we experience the Lodge with the new DVC rooms and cabins going full bore (they weren't quite open when we were there in July), I'll be better able to assess what damage they did to my wilderness.

And. You haven't called me a wild animal in awhile, babe. pirate:

Your dinner at WP looks so delicious, I love tuna and it looked very yummy!

I was going to try the salmonBLT at GP and I also noted on the menu it is gone, what a bummer!

Your dinner at WP looks so delicious, I love tuna and it looked very yummy!

I was going to try the salmonBLT at GP and I also noted on the menu it is gone, what a bummer!
I, too, love tuna: seared, tartare, sushi, et. al. And this was an excellent envisioning of the fish. The various textures combined for a memorable dish. As for the salmon BLT, I'm still angry they removed it. I complained and was told that given enough notice before making a trip, the chef could have the ingredients on hand to make them. So, I may very well take them up on that offer!

We too enjoyed the California Grill Brunch...we also noted that big disparity in how people were dressed. Some chose to dress up fancy, some way too casual with t-shirts and jeans. I thought the $80 pp charge was in line with the food choices you get. We are also big fans of Artist Pointe, no matter where we are staying in WDW it's our first meal each trip. Loved your reviews.

Last edited:
NO! Salmon BLT gone already? That definitely takes GP off of our list of things we had to try on our next trip.:sad1:

We too enjoyed the California Grill Brunch...we also noted that big disparity in how people were dressed. Some chose to dress up fancy, some way too casual with t-shirts and jeans. I thought the $80 pp charge was in line with the food choices you get. We are also big fans of Artist Pointe, no matter where we are staying in WDW it's our first meal each trip. Loved your reviews.
Sorry to have been so negligent in replying to your comments. School started, what can I say? Anyway, the $80 is steep, no doubt, but as you say, in line with what you get, especially if you can drink a gallon of mimosas. Funny, you have AP as you're starting meal, and we always end our trip with it to cap off our wonderful vacations. Tomato, tomahto. Thanks for the kind words!

NO! Salmon BLT gone already? That definitely takes GP off of our list of things we had to try on our next trip.:sad1:
Yeah, I'm still angry with them. I will say that I read a post on another thread saying that if you ask for salmon at GP (I believe they wanted it at breakfast with a bagel?), they'll provide it. That is in keeping with the manager with whom I spoke (mentioned a few posts above) who said that if given a little lead time, he was certain they could do the salmon BLT. I'd love to see if that is true, but we won't be going back anytime in the near future. Wanna try it? pirate:

Quote from some woman: "Plus, I am not so old as someone-who-shall-remain-nameless that I am intolerant to change!"
Hey! Don't think I didn't see this, little Miss-You-Know-Who-You-Are-and-So-Do-I. Further, I am not intolerant to change. . .I'm not a fan of change strictly for profit, in the name of making something better when it only arguably does, and mostly when it affects me directly. . .like messing with my wildernessyness. Just sayin'.

HOMECOMIN'
I realize that Luv and I are one of the few, apparently, who didn't fall in love with this place. She had actually been once before and had reported she was "unimpressed." I, however, must see (or taste) things on my own, so I insisted (okay, asked politely) we go to Homecomin'. My wife merely raised a brow (and smirked a little), and said, "Are you sure?" Yep. So, we went. Turned out to be the updated version of Father Knows Best (okay, so I recall this solely in reruns). First, the service was solid. Nothing special but nothing bad, either. We sat on the screened in "porch," so had views of the meandering springs, and that was lovely. Overall, the ambiance is just okay, rather like an upscale Cracker Barrel, and I do think they were striving for that down home feel, so that's fine. However, it simply didn't feel special.

The famous deviled eggs
Home2.jpg

Now, I'm certain these are popular, and for two of the six, I could see why they get rave reviews--tart and creamy at the same time with just a hint of bacon on the finish. However, eating these were like eating Padron peppers--you weren't quite sure which egg would be good and which would be bland. Oddly, as implied, four of the six were just so-so. Yolks are fine without a lot of fussing if they're poached and covering a marvelous chunk of ham, salmon, or English muffin. Once hard-boiled, they need work to overcome the dullness of the dry yolk. In the case of the Floundering Four, the mustard and/or vinegar element was downplayed to the point of oblivion making them merely filling and not terribly tasty. Obviously, the yolk filling was supplied from two different batches. So, I only give these a B-.

Another shot with my basil bourbon in the background
Home1.jpg

The drink was quite lovely--bracingly stiff and with a wonderful fragrance and taste of basil. Very good!

The equally famous fried chicken
Home3.jpg

First, the good news. The chicken was, indeed, juicy and not overcooked, and the mash had a nice flavor to them with some minor chunks of potato. From there, however, I deviate from most of the devotees to Art Smith's homage to down home, southern cooking. While I am sure that millions grew up eating fried chicken prepared like this, millions of us did not. In particular, I did NOT grow up eating sweet-battered chicken such as this, and certainly, I never had anyone, anywhere, sprinkle powdered sugar on top. I want my chicken with the bite that flour and cornmeal produce and with salty, peppery notes. The mash, while okay, wasn't very fluffy--dense, I'd call them. Alone, they may have been fine, but apparently to emphasize just how southern he can be, ol' Art has them add bacon to the mashed taters. Good mashed potatoes don't need bacon--butter, yes; gravy, yes; bacon, no. Speaking of gravy, though, the kitchen committed the mortal sin of making the gravy gooey. If you look at the picture above, you'll notice that the gravy is so heavy that it fails to fall down the front of the potatoes which would by physically impossible if the gravy was a proper consistency. Not to harp too much on the gravy, I also take some umbrage to the fact it's very pale--a true roux gravy from my background should be a light brown since you're using some of the pan drippings to make it. Finally, the donuts-while house made and tasty--add another layer of both sweetness and heaviness since they are a) donuts and b) fried. The addition of the syrup for dipping is totally unnecessary since the chicken AND the donuts are already sweet.

Again, I recognize that this may be a taste of home to many, but it's just not to me. It wasn't a horrible meal by any means; however, it was not to my liking, very heavy and clunky. Moreover, Luv's salad was overdressed and came out already half-wilted. Fries were tickling her fancy, as well, so she did a side order of them. They appeared hand cut, but they lacked seasoning and crunch--frankly, Wendy's fries are just as good. Based on these things, I just can't recommend Homecomin'. . .unless you like sweet chicken.
GRADE: C+ Highlights: my drink, views Lows: Food, overall ambiance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter