Slow Skyliner

ChipnDaleRule

DIS Veteran
We’ve been staying at CBR all week and I’ve noticed the skyliner seems to be a lot slower than when we rode it the same time last year. It’s goes from slow to fast and to stop a lot. I’m not even seeing more scooters or anything difficult to load. Any ideas why it’s slowed up ?

We’ve been staying at CBR all week and I’ve noticed the skyliner seems to be a lot slower than when we rode it the same time last year. It’s goes from slow to fast and to stop a lot. I’m not even seeing more scooters or anything difficult to load. Any ideas why it’s slowed up ?
I read somewhere that they were going to be running it at a reduced speed for a while after it reopened following the maintenance closure. It didn’t say why, but I wondered if maybe there was some work done that they needed to “wear in” the parts before going full speed.

Does an extra 5 to 10 min delay really matter ?

Just enjoy the ambience of the surrounds

No, and I don’t think I said it did. I’m in the most magical place on earth so soarin over the parks is a joy, it was an observation and was wondering if their was a specific reason 😊
The CBR-EP route has the ECV/WC issue at RIV (not something you’re really able to gauge outside of the station). Are you noticing the slowdown on the CBR/DHS line as well?

The slow to stop and start I would say is about the same, to the point where a young girl got motion sickness on the CBR-HS route.

They slowed 'em down, because a *few of them flew off into the bushes last month.

* probably not ;)

Wheelchairs and ECVs do not affect the speed of the Skyliner (except at Riviera Resort) as they have separate load/unload areas.
That is generally true, but on my last trip about 2-3 weeks ago, I noticed something new as I was leaving DHS around park closing. There was a very long line at the Skyliner.

The "please use both lanes" split had only ECVs on one side, and was blocked off from normal traffic to join that side. Every so often, they'd stop the Skyliner, and have 4 ECVs load into separate gondolas at the same time. After they're loaded, it would resume. I assume that they also stopped the Skyliner when that group of 4 gondolas landed at CBR.

I think this is their way of keeping things moving the best they can without the ECV line backing way up.

We are here now. It's definitely not moving as smoothly as we've experienced in the past. Last night we took it from Pop to Epcot and it took a long time and seemed to be moving at a snails pace often. - We've ridden it many many times I know speed varies depending on what's going on, but we've never had it that slow. Coming back last night was better, but it stopped often. Thid morning (same route) it was like normal, but coming back midday it stopped often again. I suppose it could just be bad luck, but in yrs of riding it, this does seem a bit different.

So they had issues a few nights ago from Epcot where it was running but they weren’t loading people for a good 30 minutes and sending people over to the Friendship boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter