Small Add on Dec UY - Direct- what happens with 2016 points??

nfouey

Mouseketeer
So I'm planning on buying a small 25 point add on to Poly in Feb 2018 to add to my existing contact. I would want a December use year.

Seeing Poly is recently 100% declared it got me thinking maybe it's better if I purchased sooner than later (to ensure the had my use year).

So my question:
If I bought now (assume Dec UY) would I be able to get a special one time pass to bank the 2016 points because I'm purchasing after my banking period? Or would they not even sell a dec UY right now?

Thanks!!

Yes, you will be able to bank them. You would have to call member services. We just purchased at AKL 25 point add on Oct UY and we were able to bank the 2016 points.

I just purchase addition BWV with a September use year. My guide reminded me to bank before the end of the month otherwise the 2016 points would be gone.

Do it now.

By buying your Dec UY points in this calendar year (before Dec) it gets you a "discount" since you'd have to pay only a few months of prorated dues for the 2017 points, while the bankable 2016 points are "MF free."

FYI buying a 25pt direct will match the same use year as your existing contract, you won't be able to pick the use year. (I couldn't tell from your original post if Dec is your use year already.)

And, yes, try to buy just before the UY starts. We added on 25 Oct points last week and so were able to get 2016 points.

Last edited:
Do it now.

By buying your Dec UY points in this calendar year (before Dec) it gets you a "discount" since you'd have to pay only a few months of prorated dues for the 2017 points, while the bankable 2016 points are "MF free."
Ooooh really? We haven't gotten our dues bill yet for the addon, they said it would be a month or two... but I assumed we'd have to pay all of 2016 and 2017 on the 25 points. What a sweet deal if it's just 2 months!

Ooooh really? We haven't gotten our dues bill yet for the addon, they said it would be a month or two... but I assumed we'd have to pay all of 2016 and 2017 on the 25 points. What a sweet deal if it's just 2 months!

Yup. This is something that I don't see brought up on the boards very often.

Dues are based on the calendar year. This makes sense, because you have to time it with a fiscal calendar. Imagine if dues were based on UY... it would be an absolute cluster for the accounting department to have them work year round.

It's just a very small benefit to having a UY later in the year.

So I'm planning on buying a small 25 point add on to Poly in Feb 2018 to add to my existing contact. I would want a December use year.......(snip).......
Do you already have a contract with a December use year? If not, you will not be able to buy a 25 point add-on directly from Disney. To get a December use year if you don't already have a December use year contract, you would need to buy the minimum for a new membership. IIRC, that is currently 100 points.

Do you already have a contract with a December use year? If not, you will not be able to buy a 25 point add-on directly from Disney. To get a December use year if you don't already have a December use year contract, you would need to buy the minimum for a new membership. IIRC, that is currently 100 points.

Yes! Thanks all. Already have a Dec UY Poly contract. Sounds like I should time it just right and buy in October or November!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!