Small point borrow from dvc to finish reservation - question

Dtw002

Mouseketeer
Hello, I recall reading that you could borrow up to 25 points from dvc to finish a reservation. Does anyone:
-the cost?
-can you do it after a reservation is booked? (To save points that are now borrowed)
-is it 25 points total or per contract (so 2 contracts you could get 50 total)
Thanks!!

24 One Time Use (OTU) points per contract. $17 each. They can only be used as non-home resort points, though, so only for 7 month bookings.

Great thanks. I already borrowed points from 2019: can they put those back?
No. But you can make your reservation with the OTU points and bank what you have left over into 2019.

ETA: Those points would need to be used in 2019 and could not be borrowed back into 2018 or banked into 2020.

24 One Time Use (OTU) points per contract. $17 each. They can only be used as non-home resort points, though, so only for 7 month bookings.

Are you sure it is per contract? I have two contracts at Copper Creek with the same UY. I think I could only buy 24 max.

Are you sure it is per contract? I have two contracts at Copper Creek with the same UY. I think I could only buy 24 max.
It is not per contract. It is by Membership account. Most members have one or more deeds under single Membership account. However, some members have multiple accounts because their deeds have different Use Years and/or are entitled differently from one another.

Good point there. 2 different UYs, you could do 24 pointe for each. 2 contracts controlled by the same username and login would be 24 total only.

Hello, I recall reading that you could borrow up to 25 points from dvc to finish a reservation. Does anyone:
-the cost?
-can you do it after a reservation is booked? (To save points that are now borrowed)
Thanks!!
It is only supposed to be to complete a new reservation but you could try calling and see if they would sell them to you and reallocate the points (to free up some of your current UY points). As others pointed out the borrowed points are now stuck in the UY you borrowed them into. If there is currently availability to rebook the reservation you should be able to cancel your current reservation and rebook it in conjunction with buying OTU points from MS.

Good point there. 2 different UYs, you could do 24 pointe for each. 2 contracts controlled by the same username and login would be 24 total only.

I have two different membership numbers (different resorts, different use years) with on login and I can purchase 2 x 24 OTU points.

I have two different membership numbers (different resorts, different use years) with on login and I can purchase 2 x 24 OTU points.

Glad you were able to get them under the same login, but you are the sort of member I was referring to. A better way of saying what I meant was different membership IDs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter