Smoking at the parks and CityWalk

Spike101

Affable gay geek
As a solo first timer in March next year, and having done a ton of research on the parks, but being a confirmed smoker, filthy habit I know and I cant seem to quit, but thats by the by!

I havent seen a single thread or mention of smoking in the parks, is it allowed? (I'm assuming in specific areas) and Citywalk being much more open as it were, can you smoke anywhere there?

I'd also like to add that these forums have been brilliant with my prep for my holibobs.

Ta muchly

Spike xx

It is. I remember my dad smoking on a bridge in UOStudios, specifically one by Springfield & Fear Factor. I believe there's another spot by the water in Islands. I don't remember what spots there were in Citywalk, but I'm assuming there must be some since there are in the parks and it's more of a nighttime area with drinking and clubs.

And also, totally unrelated, I cant seem to figure out how to add a picture to my proflle, doh!

Ah, thanks for that, seems I'm not as dim as I thought I was! Its very refreshing to find internet forums where people are 100% helpful, thank you me lovely!

You’re very welcome.........

The Universal boards are the friendliest boards around.........::yes::

I'm going to put this out here, yesterday I found out, after a good 6 months of tooing and froing from Guys Hospital in London, that I dont have cancer, however, during the whole process I thought, well if the news is the worst, I need to do my bucket list holiday, hence I'm booked to go.

Its been a strange 6 months, and was only in September that I started researching prices, and oh blimey I've worked a lot of overtime, when I see the globe for the first time, I may possibly burst into tears!

I'm going to put this out here, yesterday I found out, after a good 6 months of tooing and froing from Guys Hospital in London, that I dont have cancer, however, during the whole process I thought, well if the news is the worst, I need to do my bucket list holiday, hence I'm booked to go.

Its been a strange 6 months, and was only in September that I started researching prices, and oh blimey I've worked a lot of overtime, when I see the globe for the first time, I may possibly burst into tears!

Sounds like you deserve a lovely vacation! Congratulations on the good news!

I hope you stay healthy and have a great time at the darkside

I affectionately called universal the darkside and call Disney the motherland

Also, congrats on getting the clean bill of health

Guy`s is an amazing place…..as is St Thomas` too...…..

Congratulations on the wonderful diagnosis......you`ll have an amazing trip I`m sure.....and if you burst into tears.....no one will bat an eye...….

Aww thank you everyone for your kind words, exactly this time in 11 weeks I should be about half an hour from landing in Orlando, the funny thing is, it wont seem real until I'm sat on my seat on the plane.

I've mini-treated myself to flying Virgin-Economy Delight, despite just being a smidge under 5'8" thought I'd treat myself to some extra legroom and priority boarding, if anyone else reading this thread has flown the same class I'd love to see what you thought!

Aww thank you everyone for your kind words, exactly this time in 11 weeks I should be about half an hour from landing in Orlando, the funny thing is, it wont seem real until I'm sat on my seat on the plane.

I've mini-treated myself to flying Virgin-Economy Delight, despite just being a smidge under 5'8" thought I'd treat myself to some extra legroom and priority boarding, if anyone else reading this thread has flown the same class I'd love to see what you thought!

Virgin Extra leg room seats are certainly an improvement on the regular economy seats from what I’ve seen.......we’ve never sat regular economy seats but they do look tight. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the experience......of course if the person in front of you reclines, it still diminishes slightly your perceived space.

We usually have Premium seats or on our recent trip out end of November we had the exit row seats again which really do give you fabulous leg room....no one in front of you at all. If we can’t have Premium we have exit rows if possible.......

Priority boarding is always nice to have.......least you should get bin space for hand luggage that way!!

Think we arrive just after you in March.......we arrive March 9th for Mardi Gras :butterfly

We’ve flown Virgin America Premium Economy, loved it.

Virgin Extra leg room seats are certainly an improvement on the regular economy seats from what I’ve seen.......we’ve never sat regular economy seats but they do look tight. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the experience......of course if the person in front of you reclines, it still diminishes slightly your perceived space.

We usually have Premium seats or on our recent trip out end of November we had the exit row seats again which really do give you fabulous leg room....no one in front of you at all. If we can’t have Premium we have exit rows if possible.......

Priority boarding is always nice to have.......least you should get bin space for hand luggage that way!!

Think we arrive just after you in March.......we arrive March 9th for Mardi Gras :butterfly

Yeh I leave on the 11th after arriving on the 3rd, I'd forgotten about Mardi Gras, and just thought, will it be dark enough at park close time then for the Hogwarts light show and Cinematic Celebration to happen?

Yeh I leave on the 11th after arriving on the 3rd, I'd forgotten about Mardi Gras, and just thought, will it be dark enough at park close time then for the Hogwarts light show and Cinematic Celebration to happen?

Sunset will be around 6.30pm till the 10th when it changes to 7.30pm, so depending on hours and show times you should be able to see the light show.

Sunset will be around 6.30pm till the 10th when it changes to 7.30pm, so depending on hours and show times you should be able to see the light show.

Fab, I'm thinking Sunday the 10th will be a great day to hit the park early because of the clocks changing, and as that will be my last full day, I'll be doing that!

Hi Spike! Universal has tons of nice, handy smoking sections. Generally set off a bit so as not to bother others, but decent places with seating and landscaping!

We'll be there the same time as you (3-7) so perhaps I'll run into you at one of them! Look for me; I have weird glasses. :blush:

Hi Spike! Universal has tons of nice, handy smoking sections. Generally set off a bit so as not to bother others, but decent places with seating and landscaping!

We'll be there the same time as you (3-7) so perhaps I'll run into you at one of them! Look for me; I have weird glasses. :blush:

Look out for the pasty white englishman wearing a vest probably with something Dr Who or equally geeky on it and a purple Harry Potter backpack, oh and white Nike trainers, that'll be me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter