Snorkeling from a boat near Vero Beach

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Does anyone know if this activity is possible. I went down to Biscayne Bay NP last year, but it was a long trip...it was beautiful...but is there anything closer?...that is worthwhile to see.

Thank you.
Bobbi

PS. OK, I went on line and found some information about the Sebastian area...now I wonder if there are organized tours...or if you go out on your own.

Not closer, Bobbi. I can give you a great suggestion in the Keys, but it is almost to Key West. You wouldn't want to go there unless you were overnighting in the Keys.

Thanks, Jim... I tried to do John Pennycamp SP one year, but the seas were too rough to go out. I guess we'll have to plan a different trip...not "out of" Vero Beach.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thanks, Jim... I tried to do John Pennycamp SP one year, but the seas were too rough to go out. I guess we'll have to plan a different trip...not "out of" Vero Beach.

Bobbi:goodvibes
Pennecamp is essentially the same as Biscayne NP -- just a few miles south. If you ever go to the Keys, snorkel Looe Key. There are a couple of dive places on Ramrod Key (about 27 miles from Key West) that conduct tours there. It's a wonderful place to either snorkel or scuba, as long as the seas are down. Last time we were there, we had 4 foot seas and DW learned the difference between upwind and downwind on the way back.

While this isn't from a boat, there is a sunken boiler ship at the public park area in Vero beach at the end of 60. There are also many other "shore dives" that might interest you. None of them will be as pretty as the ones more south, but you shouldsee large quantities of marine life.

Check out the shore dives site:
http://www.floridascubahound.com/shore_dives.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter