So, anyone's resort being changed for 2021 already?

Farro

Argh.
Just trying to see for myself how often this is happening.

If your resort changed for 2021:

What resort?
What dates?
Did Disney contact you to make this change?
Did you contact Disney to change your reservation based on hearing the resort would be closed?

:)

I saw this the other day
I just got a call from Disney resort guest services and was informed our upcoming January 2021 stay at the Beach Club would have to be moved to another resort. I was given the choice of the YC or the BCV. I took the YC. Price remained the same. The castmember said there is no date planned to reopen the BC for 2021 at this point. I was very shocked.

On one of my FB groups, a few people with August 2021 reservations at Beach Club have been moved to Contemporary Tower. It actually makes me really sad that Disney is anticipating that the current situation is likely not going to change In the next year. It also seems really inconsistent because many guests with reservations before August 2021 that are scheduled to arrive at closed resorts have not been contacted yet. All very strange.

It does underline that anyone planning in 2020 or 2021 is going to have to be very flexible. You may not get to stay at your preferred resort. You may not get to enjoy your favorite activities. You may not get to eat at your must-do restaurant. There is still plenty of fun, magic, and relaxation to be had, it’s just a good idea to remain flexible.516669

We are staying at Gran Destino next May. I'm assuming it will be open!

Well we should know more about GDT's future plans in mid October after the NBA Championship ends.

Dave

Fingers crossed!!! We really want to stay there.

Wouldn't be happy to be moved to a regular moderate and i dont think paying for a deluxe is in the cards this trip.

It actually makes me really sad that Disney is anticipating that the current situation is likely not going to change In the next year.

Chiming in from Canada here - our border is set to stay closed for the foreseeable future and well into 2021.

I have read in several places that it nay not be reopened until a year from now at the earliest.

I suspect other countries will be the same. Borders closed and not encouraging travel to the US.

Disney has a lot of International travellers and with the majority of those not travelling for the next year or so, it makes sense that the numbers would continue to be as low as they are right now for quite a while yet.

Chiming in from Canada here - our border is set to stay closed for the foreseeable future and well into 2021.

I have read in several places that it nay not be reopened until a year from now at the earliest.

I suspect other countries will be the same. Borders closed and not encouraging travel to the US.

Disney has a lot of International travellers and with the majority of those not travelling for the next year or so, it makes sense that the numbers would continue to be as low as they are right now for quite a while yet.

Your borders won't open until next August?

Wow. Even with a vaccine?

Well, we hope to start traveling again as soon as we can. Guess we will just see every nook and cranny of the USA if we have to!

Hope everyone can travel sooner rather than later. :)

On one of my FB groups, a few people with August 2021 reservations at Beach Club have been moved to Contemporary Tower. It actually makes me really sad that Disney is anticipating that the current situation is likely not going to change In the next year. It also seems really inconsistent because many guests with reservations before August 2021 that are scheduled to arrive at closed resorts have not been contacted yet. All very strange.

It does underline that anyone planning in 2020 or 2021 is going to have to be very flexible. You may not get to stay at your preferred resort. You may not get to enjoy your favorite activities. You may not get to eat at your must-do restaurant. There is still plenty of fun, magic, and relaxation to be had, it’s just a good idea to remain flexible.View attachment 516669

I obviously don't know a great deal about DVC - how do you get a DVC reservation more than 12 months in advance in the first place? I thought you couldn't start booking until the 11-month point?

I obviously don't know a great deal about DVC - how do you get a DVC reservation more than 12 months in advance in the first place? I thought you couldn't start booking until the 11-month point?

They had reservations at Beach Club Resort, not DVC. :)

Your borders won't open until next August?

Wow. Even with a vaccine?

Well, we hope to start traveling again as soon as we can. Guess we will just see every nook and cranny of the USA if we have to!

Hope everyone can travel sooner rather than later. :)

Our Federal minister of Health says that a reliable vaccine is still at least a year away, if not closer to 2.

We can travel to some places within Canada.

Some of our provinces are still restricting travel and have quarantine measures in place as well.

As much as I miss Disney, the continued increase in Covid numbers in the states is enough to keep me in my own safe neighborhood for the time being.

Until it is safe for me to travel to Florida, I am saving my $$, dreaming and planning our next trip! ☺️

I wish everyone who is able to travel to Disney a safe and wonderful visit 😃

Yeah it’s like 9-11 all over again but much worse(hotel business wise). Seriously low demand for rooms right now.

When we stayed at CCV at the end of July, we were talking to the bartender at the pool about the current state of the resorts. We were talking about when the lodge may reopen and he said, "not anytime soon" and continued to say the same thing others here have said...with travel restrictions in place, there is just not enough demand to open properties. It was a very sad conversation about his friends with families where both parents work at Disney and they are still unable to return to work. I feel for the people in the hospitality business in Orlando, they really have been hit hard. A lot of people do not realize how dependant central Florida is on tourism. I truly hope this all goes away sooner than later and people can soon return to work and provide for their families...until then, tip heavy, be nice and have some conversations with the cast members...they need our support more now then ever.

Yeah, I have posted a few times that the changes that Disney has made are not just immediate short-term changes for 2020, but will stay in place or have repercussions for well into 2021.

We have also read that the deal with the NBA is something they hope to continue, continue tournaments, continue the next season, etc.

But, I was still a bit shocked that bookings are so low that they are already moving people a year out. If it was ambiguous in any way, they would probably wait.

Fingers crossed!!! We really want to stay there.

Wouldn't be happy to be moved to a regular moderate and i dont think paying for a deluxe is in the cards this trip.
Farro, I know you are really excited about CSR, but I would start thinking what else may be an acceptable option, just in case you get a call about getting moved (although I don't think they will start moving next year's CSR folks until they have something firm with the NBA). They are moving 2020 CSR folks to CBR. I have even read that they have moved CSR CL reservations to CBR and refunded the difference, depending on availability, etc. Would CBR be an acceptable solution for you? From CBR, you can walk to Riviera and go to the bar and restaurant there, which are similar to GDT. It has the Skyliner, which is fantastic. Or maybe consider a Tower Studio at Riviera, which is priced moderately and sleeps 2. Again, CSR may be open, but it's a good idea to have some flexible ideas sorted out just in case.

Yeah, I have posted a few times that the changes that Disney has made are not just immediate short-term changes for 2020, but will stay in place or have repercussions for well into 2021.

We have also read that the deal with the NBA is something they hope to continue, continue tournaments, continue the next season, etc.

But, I was still a bit shocked that bookings are so low that they are already moving people a year out. If it was ambiguous in any way, they would probably wait.

Farro, I know you are really excited about CSR, but I would start thinking what else may be an acceptable option, just in case you get a call about getting moved (although I don't think they will start moving next year's CSR folks until they have something firm with the NBA). They are moving 2020 CSR folks to CBR. I have even read that they have moved CSR CL reservations to CBR and refunded the difference, depending on availability, etc. Would CBR be an acceptable solution for you? From CBR, you can walk to Riviera and go to the bar and restaurant there, which are similar to GDT. It has the Skyliner, which is fantastic. Or maybe consider a Tower Studio at Riviera, which is priced moderately and sleeps 2. Again, CSR may be open, but it's a good idea to have some flexible ideas sorted out just in case.

No, a move from Gran Destino to Caribbean Beach would not be acceptable to us. :D

I read a lot of Gran Destino people got moved to Riviera. We would kill each other in the Tower Studio for 9 nights. The deluxe studio would be awesome. We would not move to Saratoga or Old Key West.

If they only offer a moderate, then we would cancel. Especially if it was because I was being displaced due to having NBA again.

Honestly, this makes me just want to cancel it all. It's not fun planning for a trip, while being at the mercy of NBA/Disney to find out if we get to stay where we booked.

I heard February 2021 not that it matters, if there is a 14 day Quarantine in place we won’t be travelling to the US or Europe

we just watched some videos of CBR.

The grounds are awesome! Looks like a great vibe. I would loooove to stay at a Skyliner resort.

But the rooms...i don't like the insides. Drab and I dont like the bathroom.

Too bad they couldn't have the Pop rooms, love the renovations!

@vinotinto

I take it back. We would totally do the tower studio if we got the courtyard and not the parking lot view! 😀

And I have to quit watching videos of it because soon I will be trying to figure out how to pay and book that instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter