So, anyone's resort being changed for 2021 already?

Gah!! This really gets my goat. CMs have no clue when BWI will reopen but that doesn’t stop them from telling people otherwise. All they know is the official policy which is “we don’t have a reopening date & cannot book the hotel right now”. The policy is not “the hotel will not be open on X date”.

Sorry for the mini-rant but I think the distinction is important. I also realize if the CMs can get someone to book instead of wait and see, score a new hotel reservation for them 😡
I totally agree...it is 2 very different things....for the official Disney release saying BWI is currently closed with re-opening date yet-to-be determined, to a service agent telling people that it definitely will not be opened in January or March or whatever in 2021. Do they (Disney) really know they won't be open for a good chunk or more next year and they are just not making this official to the general public?

When I called about my December trip, the agent rightfully said she didn't know and I could either wait and see or try to move now. I chose to wait and see since I really want BWI. However, it seems like we are getting mixed messages here which really annoys me because if they (Disney) really know that BWI will be closed in December, then I want to know so that I can get another EP resort while still available rather than being moved to the MK or AK area.

So I called to add tickets to my reservation at AS Movies recently and was told they are listed as closed so I could be moved to POP or AoA Little Mermaid room with a price guarantee for May/June 2021. I chose Little Mermaid even though I can't get a preferred room there since it's only in the back. I will try and get a pool view and as close as I can to the front area if possible, but if not then it is what it is. I think it was around a $400 difference but they said they will change it on the price guarantee, it may just take a couple of weeks. I'm going to wait and see how things are looking beginning of next year through March to decide if we're still going or not. It's a wait and see game to me. I'm hoping there is more opened than currently or it may not be worth it to me for a full-price trip for half of the options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter