So, anyone's resort being changed for 2021 already?

If staying in tower room, we request high floor parking lot view...you have a great view of 3 of the parks fireworks shows. Now if no fireworks then boo...

If staying in tower room, we request high floor parking lot view...you have a great view of 3 of the parks fireworks shows. Now if no fireworks then boo...

I wouldn't care about fireworks, I'd want to watch the Skyliner all day/night!!! I'm obsessed...

Some photos from tower parking lot view

Attachments

• IMG_20191217_231856.jpg
    IMG_20191217_231856.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20191217_231832.jpg
    IMG_20191217_231832.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 42

Yacht and Beach Club are a hotel, not DVC. Beach Club Villas (right next to Beach Club resort) is newer and that is the DVC. It's separate.

So the person who had reservations over 12 months out had for the hotel, not the villas.

Ahhhhh, that makes sense. Thank you and sorry for the confusion!

They had reservations at Beach Club Resort, not DVC. :)

Even then, doesn’t Disney retain a certain percentage of DVC that they rent on a cash basis? Couldn’t those be booked over 11 months out since Disney owns that percentage?

Even then, doesn’t Disney retain a certain percentage of DVC that they rent on a cash basis? Couldn’t those be booked over 11 months out since Disney owns that percentage?
No, Disney is bound by the same restrictions other DVC owners are, that they can't book before 11 months. They can take villas out of service prior to 11 months for planned maintenance/refurbishment, but they can't book those rooms for cash guests. So that was definitely a Beach Club Resort reservation, not a Beach Club Villas reservation.

No, Disney is bound by the same restrictions other DVC owners are, that they can't book before 11 months. They can take villas out of service prior to 11 months for planned maintenance/refurbishment, but they can't book those rooms for cash guests. So that was definitely a Beach Club Resort reservation, not a Beach Club Villas reservation.

Ah interesting. I thought I had seen studios at greater than 11 months before but I must have been delusional.

Ah interesting. I thought I had seen studios at greater than 11 months before but I must have been delusional.
As a DVC owner, I certainly hope you were mistaken! Offering DVC studio villas to cash guests more than 11 months out from the day of check-in would definitely be a violation of the rules/laws governing DVC ownership, even by Disney themselves.

I have reservations for 1st week in December 2020 for BWI and I haven't been contacted. Are they calling or emailing or what?

Last edited:
...and I just went on my MDE account and it looks like it would actually allow me to do Check In for BWI in December, 2020.....i didn't complete it, but the button is there. So the funny thing is that at the same time I checked the expiration on my Annual Pass which should be 1/31/2021, but with the extension it should be end of February 2021 right. However, it says my new expiration date is December 31, 2030! Ha....my AP has been extended for 10 years??!! I think someone messed up!

If Disney would like to move me from All stars music to a moderate resort next December i won't argue!

I called last week about Jan 2021 (Marathon Weekend) and was told to call back at the end of August because Disney wasn't able to change my resort for me yet. CSR was full, and I said I didn't want to stay at CB. So instead of pixie dust, I received a too bad, call again later. :P

There is no rhyme or reason to this. It’s so strange that they are already calling people for next year to move them when they have not even contacted everyone for this year yet.

There is no rhyme or reason to this. It’s so strange that they are already calling people for next year to move them when they have not even contacted everyone for this year yet.
Seems to be Disney all over. The customer service is all over the place at the moment.

I have a BWI reservation for Dec. 8-15, 2020 CL. I called yesterday to change it to a regular room. The cast member told me the resort will not be open then and to wait to be contacted by Disney, or I could cancel or change it then. I chose to wait, but will pprobably cancel. I then asked about booking BWI for February, our annual anniversary trip. Once again I was told, the resort would not be open at that time. I was very disappointed, but i guess I will just wait and return in 2022 for my big 50 th anniversary bash with my entire family!

I have a BWI reservation for Dec. 8-15, 2020 CL. I called yesterday to change it to a regular room. The cast member told me the resort will not be open then and to wait to be contacted by Disney, or I could cancel or change it then. I chose to wait, but will pprobably cancel. I then asked about booking BWI for February, our annual anniversary trip. Once again I was told, the resort would not be open at that time. I was very disappointed, but i guess I will just wait and return in 2022 for my big 50 th anniversary bash with my entire family!

Gah!! This really gets my goat. CMs have no clue when BWI will reopen but that doesn’t stop them from telling people otherwise. All they know is the official policy which is “we don’t have a reopening date & cannot book the hotel right now”. The policy is not “the hotel will not be open on X date”.

Sorry for the mini-rant but I think the distinction is important. I also realize if the CMs can get someone to book instead of wait and see, score a new hotel reservation for them 😡

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!