So disgusted!

unhappy2020

Earning My Ears
Just got off the phone with a nice cast member, but I am really unhappy with what she said, but really not from her but from the customer service people. I do not blame her for the 28.00 total credit to lose a day for two people at DW. When it costs 149. to increase a day you would figure you would receive a 149. to lose a day, nope nada that is not what we get. We needed to change our plans and cut a day, but when she went in she told us it would increase our total by 149.00, really to cut a day, an increase? She then placed me on hold and came back about 5 minutes later and said we only get a credit for 28.00. I, of course questioned it but she explained to me that you get a break buying the package with hotel and that is different than the park pass cost would be. Bought this in early February 2020, and they have made so many changes to my reservations and I made two, added memory makers which cost me and to delete a day, which is not giving me the credit I feel is right. This is NOT the experience, I wanted for my Wedding Anniversary but it is the one I am getting . Now, I don't feel I really want to go, just so disgusted with it all. Sure hope being there will bring positive memories.

One of the reasons we never bought a pkg.. restrictions. U bought in feb and going.. when? Can u re-price it all? Was that something she offered? Is available? if they ve changed things why aren’t u able to get a full refund?
Sorry this happened, I agree it’s Ridiculous. but, happy anniversary in advance, Hope u Have a great trip. Pixie dust ur way.

If you are taking away a day - every day you add to a package park tickets, the price goes down. When you remove a day, They remove the cost of one of the last days.

As an example last year I had a 4 day park hopper ticket. Paid close to $500 added day 5-10 and the cost increased $109. Basically day 5-10 only cost be $20 and change per day to the cost.

Not what you wantrd, but Disney rules state you cannot downgrade tickets. They basically allowed you to downgradr.

I'm sorry for the frustration. PP is correct that Disney will usually not refund any money if you downgrade a ticket, but I can understand being frustrated when you expect something different to happen. Hard to know if the CM was correct or if it's worth calling back without knowing other details:

Are you UK or US? (I know packages and tickets in the UK/Europe are different from what the US gets, but if you are from the US, tickets are NOT discounted at ALL if you buy a package. The discount is on the cost of the resort room per night)

What was your start date for your tickets?

How many days were on your original tickets and how many days were you changing to? Park hoppers or no?

Last edited:

So sorry! Depending on how many nights you originally had, it may have been a change in a promo rate for fewer than required nights. For a stay this past February off site, the (very nice) hotel went from $200+ per night to $150 per night when I changed the stay from 6 nights to 7. I had accidentally initially typed in that we would be checking out on a Saturday morning instead of Friday. When I went back and corrected it prior to checking out, the price skyrocketed. I left the reserveration with 7 nights, and just took my time on Friday morning leaving. The hotel had a room empty they didn't know about, but it saved me a lot of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!