So how intense is the drop in Kali River Rapids?

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Full disclosure - ride wimp here - the most intense ride I can do is Slinky Dog with my eyes closed hanging on for dear life (I can't tolerate 7 Dwarfs or Test Track, I won't put one foot on Everest or Big Thunder but I love Soarin if that's any indicator on my ride-wimp o meter).

I would love to try Kali this summer but I YouTubed it and that one big drop seems a little intense to me - just how intense is that drop? (I would probably pass out on Splash Mountain so I want to make sure it's not comparable / similar to that drop at all!).

Thanks for any advice,

Your friendly neighborhood ride wimp! M :cutie:

My DW (before she got on her "I don't want to get wet in the theme park" kick) rode Kali River Rapids, but would not ride Splash Mountain because of the size of the drop. She also won't do the same rides that you said that you wouldn't do, and also won't do Slinky Dog Dash, for what it's worth.

[EDIT: And also loves Soarin', except for the moment when she lifts up off the ground.]

Definitely nothing crazy, but I agree, you can get very wet!! Recommend a poncho for colder weather! Have fun!

As someone else said, it’s more of a slide than a drop, I wouldn’t have said it was hugely intense at all. I’d say it’s less intense than Frozen Ever After to be honest
Yea the only reason I compared it to Frozen is that you have the potential to go down backwards, which to some people may be more intense than going down forwards. But yes, it is very gradual and not intense at all.

Not really a big drop at all. My daughter was 8 on our last visit and hates drops (rode Splash Mountain once but never again, she can handle BTMRR but doesn't love it). We rode Kali three times in a row (it was warm but drizzly and nobody was getting on so we would get off and get right back on). One of my favorite Disney memories from that trip! We were soaked and couldn't stop laughing!

The drop is no where near as steep as Splash and it is a much more gradual angle. But you will get soaked. Even if you manage to not be on the side that gets it the worst, there are some side sprays near the end that almost everyone.

I will agree with all of the previous assessments, it is really more of a gentle slide than a drop. Not all that intense, however you may get VERY wet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter