So how intense is the drop in Kali River Rapids?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think the dry storage in the middle is no longer.
:scared1: Oh no! Since when? Last time I went in 2017. Where do you store your bags now?

Updated:
Read later posts, so there are lockers for storage nearby. I usually wear a waterproof jacket which can’t cover my backpack. Glad to know there are lockers.

Maybe i am remembering from a diffeent trip or park. I sware they had the storage in the middle.

Thanks for the info! We are going in the summer and will probably wear shorts,

Do your shoes get soaked too? (We usually wear sneakers, which are not great to walk around in if they are drenched.

I'll throw my hat in the ring, another opinion that it's not that intense and I HATE drops with a passion. It's nothing at all like Splash. I will also say I was on the leading edge going down the hill and got DRENCHED, so much so that I was soaked all day - my hair looked like I had just come out of the shower. I would either switch into sandals and store my shoes in the nearby locker, or try to just wear sandals all day, and also maybe even wear quick-dry clothes just to be safe. I luckily wore sandals but spent some time on a rock near Everest trying to dry off my jean shorts!

I was in That Seat and I can assume you this gif is exactly how I felt! :fish:

OMG! I hope it was at least a hot day!!!! That’s exactly what happened to our friend last year! He was literally so wet he had to ring out his shirt and shorts!!!! He was so soaked! It was his first time on the ride, too!!!! 😝

Thanks for the info! We are going in the summer and will probably wear shorts,

Do your shoes get soaked too? (We usually wear sneakers, which are not great to walk around in if they are drenched.
yes - your shoes will get soaked. We usually wear flip flops or sandals on our AK day. My teenage boys are partial to the Sanuk Beer Cozy flip flops. Nice footbed.

I was in That Seat and I can assure you this gif is exactly how I felt! :fish:
2 trips ago - my son and I went on the ride fully expecting to get soaked. Seated across from us were two middle aged ladies who planned ahead and brought some type of poncho/garbage bags. Well, they both got to share "THAT Seat" - and the funny thing (well, funny for me and my son) was that the water came up UNDER their ponchos and the level rose up and out through the arm holes of their ponchos. My son and I barely got a mist of water on our hair and those ladies were soaked from head to toe. Lesson here - don't wear a garbage bag type of poncho - make sure it has vents all the way up the sides :-) 🌊

The "intensity" of the ride comes not from speed or drops, but just the suspense of wondering if you'll be one of the ones who comes off looking like a drowned rat. I've stopped wondering... I'm always the one. My husband and I always sit on opposite sides of the raft, while our three kids take bets on which of us will get wetter. I don't know how DH does it, but he's never been properly soaked on that ride and I get it EVERY time. I'm also the one who manages to get soaked on Frozen. Not sure if it's a gift or a curse, but I'm definitely going to embrace it when we're there in August. :P

On AK days, we bring light flip flops in our backpack, and change into them when we go on Kali. There are lockers right near the entrance which are free for (I think) 2 hours at a time. There is definitely a possibility of your shoes getting soaked if you keep them on. And we try to wear quick drying clothes. If you don't want to walk around wet afterward, you could try planning to ride later in the day, when you're almost ready to leave the park. Otherwise, you might want to bring a change of clothes... including underwear. :oops:

OMG! I hope it was at least a hot day!!!! That’s exactly what happened to our friend last year! He was literally so wet he had to ring out his shirt and shorts!!!! He was so soaked! It was his first time on the ride, too!!!! 😝

I found a nice hot rock to sit on in the sun like a lizard and tried to dry out! I ended up doing that awkward wet clothing waddle out of AK that day. I squeezed my shirt out but it still was soaked. My boyfriend who was right next to me got barely a misting - it was me and the empty seat to my right that got it all. The people across from me looked horrified and relieved it wasn't them!!

I don't say any of this to scare anyone off - we had a great laugh at it all! Just be prepared for a good soaking, but don't fear any drops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!