So How Is Everyone Holdin' Up?

Not too well for me.
It's ncie to try out new games but it's just a weird feeling.
People knew me on VMK, and I knew what I was doing.
On all these games I feel like an unwanted lost puppy dog.
I've even got on google and searched to see if anyone needed any hosts or helpers or administrators.
Yes,
I'm that desperate.
I miss VMK so much ):

today was a day I felt a turnaround actually. This morning I just noticed for the first time some of my friends seemed to be happy. That made me happy.

I got to talk with one of my friends I hadn't talked to since the 21st. Made me feel great.
Still haven't found a new game to play, might try Sociotown if it opens up a little more to free players.

I’m actually in worse shape now than I was roughly 2 weeks ago. At first I seemed to handle it well but this past weekend I had a breakdown.

My computer’s background is the VMK Castle Forecourt with the Partners statue and when I sat down to my computer I had mistakenly thought that I had left VMK logged on and tried to move my character around by clicking on the drawbridge…. Talk about heartbreaking.

Then over the weekend, in desperation, I hijacked my son’s Build-a-Bearville account and started buying furniture and decorating his cub condo. He caught me doing it and told me to stop. I just turned and looked at him with tears forming in my eyes and said “I have no more VMK”. He seemed to understand and let me play on his character for the rest of the night.

At quiet times, I find myself wondering if there is anything new in the shops. While I was camping one weekend, I wondered if I was missing any quests.

I, like others, have tried playing some of the other online games but find that the Disneyland/World aspect of VMK is what really drew me into the virtual world. The other games just don’t capture my interest or imagination like VMK did. I don’t feel the same connection.

And I really miss my stuff - my rooms, my fun hats, my cool clothes, all that magic and my puppy with the keys in his mouth.

Disney probably had no idea what the impact of closing VMK would have on the player’s emotional well-being, I certainly had no idea I would be feeling like this nearly 2 weeks after the fact. It’s sort of like a death in the family… I suppose time will heal. I just wonder how much time.

I’m actually in worse shape now than I was roughly 2 weeks ago. At first I seemed to handle it well but this past weekend I had a breakdown.

My computer’s background is the VMK Castle Forecourt with the Partners statue and when I sat down to my computer I had mistakenly thought that I had left VMK logged on and tried to move my character around by clicking on the drawbridge…. Talk about heartbreaking.

Then over the weekend, in desperation, I hijacked my son’s Build-a-Bearville account and started buying furniture and decorating his cub condo. He caught me doing it and told me to stop. I just turned and looked at him with tears forming in my eyes and said “I have no more VMK”. He seemed to understand and let me play on his character for the rest of the night.

At quiet times, I find myself wondering if there is anything new in the shops. While I was camping one weekend, I wondered if I was missing any quests.

I, like others, have tried playing some of the other online games but find that the Disneyland/World aspect of VMK is what really drew me into the virtual world. The other games just don’t capture my interest or imagination like VMK did. I don’t feel the same connection.

And I really miss my stuff - my rooms, my fun hats, my cool clothes, all that magic and my puppy with the keys in his mouth.

Disney probably had no idea what the impact of closing VMK would have on the player’s emotional well-being, I certainly had no idea I would be feeling like this nearly 2 weeks after the fact. It’s sort of like a death in the family… I suppose time will heal. I just wonder how much time.

:(

I am missing VMK more, now that it is really gone. I don't have time to run from game to game learning something new each time and I miss my friends more than ever. I am not a happy camper. :worried:

It kind of just hit me yesterday...I didn't really seem to notice that VMK was gone til yesterday. I wish I had more time.

This post probably doesn't make much sense.

I MISS VMK SO MUCH! Eventhough I don't spend all my life on there. My good memories are always left behind..

Found my new game, and place for me and my daughter to hang out so I am happy. As far as the game goes SocioTown Beta Rocks My Socks. I cant wait till al the bugs are worked out in it. You can find info on here in this thread http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1845706 .

I guess most of us were more concerned in staying in touch with our friends than the actual possessions we had in the game. Personally for me, my friends were the only true possession I had, and as long as I still have them I will always be rich.

I Am Alright Me And Ice Moved On To Build A Bearville.
Still Sad That Some Of My Friends from vmk are not on here as much. But rocking out with a small group of dissers on BABV:goodvibes

Moved on to my maplestory server :) Glad to see jedi playing it.

Wow, it seems that there are people that are more bothered by the closing of VMK than I thought. I can totally feel your pain, I had my sig as Weird (my character) with his eyes closed, dreaming that VMK would live on. In reality though, I miss it from time to time, but recently my friend RachelNinja and I have brought our VMK characters out into the real world ... *WARNING* Shameless plug - The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja

Call it denial, grief, moving on, etc. but Ninja and I have a lot of fun taking these two out and about in the real world. It helps us bond as friends and it can be a lot of fun. I would encourage everybody to go out and instead of wishing there was an online world, go out and have fun with your flats in the real world. You'll find that it's not so bad after all. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter